A Baby Story

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm home sick with a miserable sinus infection, so DH took DS on a play date so I could veg on the couch. I've been watching "A Baby Story" on TLC. I find that since I started doing research on NCB, that I'm watching it with a much more critical eye than before. I've already seen one where the woman had to have an emergency C-section, but it didn't become an emergency until after the epi. I think I should keep watching this show... it seems to be an advertisement for all the reasons to have a NCB.
February 8th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I can't watch that show anymore, between my views on NCB and breastfeeding, it drives me nuts!

Expecting baby #4 in April - It's a BOY!

Two Little Monkies on Etsy
February 8th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I completely agree. That show is a trainwreck most of the time! I find myself just wanting to yell at the people on it.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 8th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad I don't get cable - I'd probably sit and yell at the tv - scare my cats! LOL!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
February 8th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I don't watch them anymore either, I do just yell at the TV and then yell at DH when he comes home about what I seen on TV lol!

February 8th, 2010, 12:15 PM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 'not allowed' to watch those shows anymore.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me
February 8th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, I KNOW!!! I bet I watched the same one and it made my blood boil, seriously!!! She was induced because of "low amniotic fluid", pitocin, epidural, no progression and boom C-Section. Something that made me laugh, immediately after the epidural the baby's heart rate dropped, but it went back up and the doctor said that he would give her another chance. If it goes back down she'll need a c/s. He said that he doesn't see a huge problem with it going down once, "CALL ME THE ETERNAL OPTIMIST, BUT..." Oh.My.Goodness. Ridiculous!

I have a confession, I DVR the Baby Story and I usually delete the episodes that end in a c-section or if people are medicated. Therefore, I might watch 2 episodes out of 6 and that's being generous. LOL I shouldn't have watched this one today, but it was recording and playing after I put the kids to bed, I got sucked into it. Ugh!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 8th, 2010, 01:31 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I always get sucked in because it's on during Lily's naptime and about the only chance I can grab a bite of food. I end up so frustrated at the show all the time. I think I saw the same one today. I was totally annoyed at her while she was saying "Well, my doctor said that because I'm short I may not be able to delivery vaginally." I'm sorry, but that just seemed really silly reasoning to me.

February 8th, 2010, 02:37 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny7474 View Post
she was saying "Well, my doctor said that because I'm short I may not be able to delivery vaginally."
I don't watch that show anymore. Or Deliver Me, etc. And if the above is a true, I must be a freak of nature, seeing as how I'm only 5' 1" and have delivered 2 babies, one breech, and my mom at only 4' 11" popped out 8!

February 8th, 2010, 05:46 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg76 View Post
I am 'not allowed' to watch those shows anymore.

Quote:
I don't watch that show anymore. Or Deliver Me, etc. And if the above is a true, I must be a freak of nature, seeing as how I'm only 5' 1" and have delivered 2 babies, one breech, and my mom at only 4' 11" popped out 8!
All of my great-grandmothers were 5' or less, and lo and behold, I'm here.

You guys know what's mega-cool though?! I had TLC on earlier, and saw a commercial for one of our local birthing centers.

February 8th, 2010, 06:27 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I love the shows but the information is horrible.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

February 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM
lilflower
Did anyone see the one on homebirth by any chance? There were two last week...3 maybe! One was a football players wife...shoot I can't remember his name for the life of me. Last name is Taylor, his wife is Rashidah (sp) she had her 3rd little girl all natural at home!
February 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflower View Post
Did anyone see the one on homebirth by any chance? There were two last week...3 maybe! One was a football players wife...shoot I can't remember his name for the life of me. Last name is Taylor, his wife is Rashidah (sp) she had her 3rd little girl all natural at home!
Travis Taylor. Yes, it was a good one!!! The only reason I knew his first name is because it's saved on my DVR and I just looked to see, LOL!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds kinda silly, but when you're in labor you're obviously caught-up in the moment & honestly, terrified. Now since I've been there, I can kind of watch the show more objectively & really SEE how the induction/pitocin leads to artificial water breaking leads to epi & that's EXACTLY how it happened in my 1st labor. Now that I know I don't want that again, it's easier to see that the best way to avoid it.
February 8th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
That show frustrates me beyond belief.
February 9th, 2010, 08:47 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Amanda I get what you're saying. It gives you a chance to observe these things when you are totally emotionally unattached and just a bystander. Luckily you are aware of what is going on though. I think those shows probably do much more of the opposite for most women though and really play into the "childbirth is a medical emergency" frame of mind and contribute to women doubting their ability to do the #1 thing we exist on this earth for, to procreate and give birth.*

*not saying this is really true overall, I just mean biologically.
February 9th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Mrs_Hub's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post

I have a confession, I DVR the Baby Story and I usually delete the episodes that end in a c-section or if people are medicated. Therefore, I might watch 2 episodes out of 6 and that's being generous.
i do this too!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search