We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Shes beautiful congrats! I agree that maybe if they hadn't broken your water maybe you wouldn't have stalled. You did great though, i went almost all natural with my second DD until around 8 1/2cm. Maybe her head just wasn't applied as well as it should have been.
I am still having issues with me getting an epi... I am so for NCB that when it came to being put on a 24hr time clock from when my water broke, and the OB bringing up c/section every time he would check on me... I was getting frustrated...
I was stalled at 4cm, maxed out on Pitocin and didn't get a single med until the last visit from the OB, he checked me and I was still 4cma nd he started in the the c/section, infection, and needing to get the baby out and blah blah blah... I was so emotionally tore up, that after talking with the nurse and DH I broke down and got an epi... I had dilated 6cm in under two hours...
The nurses knew how much I wanted an NCB that after they checked me around 8pm I was 100% effaced and dilated that they shut the epidural off and I laid in bed until it was time... I ended up feeling everything from her transitioning, crowning, contractions all that mess...
It pains me to know that I got an epi because I didn't want one, but I had to choose the lesser of two evils... epi or c/section so I took epi... I now know for next time that I will be sticking 100% with a MW and hope to God I don't end up with being dx with GD and having to see an OB...
If you need to talk at all PM..
After reading a book by Ina Mayes... I am ealizing why I didn't dilate anymore... When I got to the hospital I had my MW, at noon she was going off shift and no MW was sheduled for that next shift so I was stuck with an OB and it just happened to be the OB that I butted heads with, the one that said I was a non-compliant patient, the one that every appointment I had with him he would tell me I would need a c/section beause I was going to have a big baby was on... My body ended up clamping down and my fears and anger towards this OB was causing my body to be in the "fight or flight" mechanism.. subconsciously my body was trying to protect my baby... When I had the MW I dilated 4cms in 5hrs...
So maybe you had some deep down emotions or fears that wasn't letting your body do its thing..
You have a beautiful little girl! The only thing I could think to add was to have waited longer before going to the hospital. When I finally went in with my first, I was 9 cm and my water had just broken. I pushed for over 3 hours though. I was so exhausted at that point, but made it. I couldn't have imagined being there longer in labor. I loved laboring at home. My last two have been waterbirths, and I would highly recommend getting in the water, it's a natural relaxer, or at least the shower. I have never used a birthcenter, some woman recommend that. We don' have one close either. I have birthed 7 times in a hospital and done it naturally, and have had great nurses and a great doctor (one not so good though). But I think the key is staying out of the hospital as long as possible. Once you get there, even if your only dialated to a 3, your "on the clock" so to speak. So if you stay home longer, you've progressed a lot more before you need to go to the hospital.
Enjoy your little girl!
Jesus loving, homeschooling, devoted wife to a wonderful hubby and 10 kids, ages 13 down to 2 months
Your birth sounds similar to my first one; I was progressing famously and dead SET on going natural, then one bad check set me off for the rest of the night. I was told, by a nurse not my OB, that I was lower than my OB had told me two hours earlier! I about died. I broke down completely after that and demanded an intrathecal (same gist as an epidural, different cocktail.) I felt like such a failure and my mom had high hopes for me as well. It ended up wearing off after 2 hours and that's when I needed to push anyway so I felt like it was also a waste. I also had some pitocin in the mix as well but this was before the drugs. Annnyyywayy, I feel like you do - that I could have gone natural if it weren't for that particular thing. I don't blame my "failure" on it, but I do think I could have trucked through the rest had it not happened. But who knows. And it took me a while to NOT see it as a failure but I made it all the way to 8cm without it, made it HOURS with pit without it, and pushed for 4 hours without it. So, I still feel like an Amazon You gotta hand it to yourself too, look at everything you did!!! She is BEAUTIFUL and you did everything right.