wow, check this out!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 06:18 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Human Baby Foreskins in Cosmetics: SkinMedica and Vavalta Use Baby Foreskin for Anti-Aging Treatments

This upsets me.....if this baby is a boy, there is going to be an even bigger battle in this house than what to name him. John is 100% set on circumcising and I am 100% against it. Don't even get me started on this, it makes me cry just imagining it.
February 10th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness, that upsets me too!

We had that same exact scenario in our house with my last son. Our first son, I was a "go with the flow" mother. I hate to admit that, but I was. With our second I wanted everything opposite, natural birth, water birth, no circ, no vaccinations, cloth dipes, etc... My dh was supportive with everything except the circumcision. When I mean supportive, it took a lot of convincing on my end, presenting him with all sorts of studies and numbers (he's a numbers guy), and so on. So he never caved on the no circ thing. I know some of you might think less of me, but I caved, the battle was just too much for me and I was thankful that he supported me in all of the other things, especially the no vaccinations because that one was also an extremely hard thing for me to discuss with him. Anyhow, good luck!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 10th, 2010, 09:00 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
there are a ton of convincing reasons not to circ that you can share with him, even movies, medical journals, etc.

February 10th, 2010, 10:31 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Cheryl, John is a doctor. He knows exactly what they do, and I feel like he is pretty familiar with the reasons people list not to. He doesn't care!
February 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was sooo hard to watch Levi be circumcised. Even harder to watch the aftermath. For about a week I think he had flash backs of it and would just let out the worst cry ever.

I wouldn't do it, but it's a religious thing for Dave, so I had to give it to him. I was just there to give Levi as much love and cuddles as he needed after. Sadly I know we'd have to go through it again if we have another boy. Hoping for a girl next...

February 10th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
I am so relieved DH caved on this one. He was totally set on having it done and I had pretty much left it up to him but had tried many times to get him to read the evidence against it. He still said he wanted it and never read any of it. Then as soon as B was born he suddenly had the drive to know and in the end decided against it.

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 10th, 2010, 11:36 AM
noworries
Cheryl, I'm with you. I'd love to have another boy but I kind of dread it too because the circ thing is going to be a huge battle and I'm afraid I am going to lose it. I also want to cry just thinking about it.
February 10th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm lucky because DH isn't circ'd and there is no way he would agree to having a son circumcised. But that is the norm for us because most Asians don't circ, especially those born outside of the US like DH.

February 10th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Lonomia's Avatar Super Hot Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twhylite21 View Post
I'm lucky because DH isn't circ'd and there is no way he would agree to having a son circumcised. But that is the norm for us because most Asians don't circ, especially those born outside of the US like DH.
My DH is the same. I couldn't imagine having to fight with DH on this issue.

February 10th, 2010, 04:24 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eew thats just gross. I read up to the 1st line something about the cells in the ripped off skin being used as anti wrinkle cream thats just gross!

February 10th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry it's a fight for you. I think I'd tell dh when he gives birth he can make the call. and if it were anyone else in the world I'd threaten his you know what - but with your own DH - so so so hard. Big big hugs!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
February 10th, 2010, 11:48 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
I'm lucky in this department too. DH isn't circ'd and so Nicholas isn't either. If we have another and it's a boy he won't be either.

February 11th, 2010, 08:36 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I know if I have a boy in the future then I will definitely lose that battle. DH doesn't care about numbers, studies, or facts. He's 100% for circumcision. That is so creepy that they use the skin cells in cosmetic creams and injections.
February 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mom of 4 Js
Both my boys are circ'ed, i never even considered not doing it. All of the males on both sides or our families are, so the boys are too. You are probably all going to hate me for saying this but, it really wasnt that bad. I'm sure the actual procedure was painful, I mean how could it not be, but afterwards they never cried or flinched or anything when changing diapers and bandages. Maybe I just got lucky. It was never an issue between DH and I though. *dont hate me*

But that article is pretty disgusting.
Jordan 7/28/06, Jason 7/17/07, Jacob 5/23/09,
& Jillian 6/13/11 born at home in the water

February 11th, 2010, 01:54 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I'm also one of the ones who has had to/will have to fight DH on circ'ing. DS is circ'd, it didn't matter how many studies I showed DH, he was adamant about having it done and I finally gave in. Now that I've gotten him to agree with homebirth for this baby I know the circ issue is going to be even more of an uphill battle if we have another boy.

February 14th, 2010, 06:22 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Ok that article is disgusting, and I'm glad I don't use any of their products. If I did, I would throw them out and never buy it again! That's so disgusting.

As far as circ'ing, I actually have the opposite situation that a lot of you are describing. My DH doesn't care about circumcision. He's circ'd - so he doesn't care if our sons are - but he would also be fine with not doing it bc he doesn't think it's necessary. But I was raised Jewish, so for me it's very very important that they are. I am a little curious how things would play out when/if we actually have a son though. I didn't want the nurses in the hospital to give Claire a heelstick bc it would hurt her. I get woozy at her vaccinations. My DH keeps telling me that when we actually have a son and they come to take him for circumcision, that I will change my mind. He may be right, but right now I just can't imagine having a child who isn't. I suppose we'll see...

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
February 14th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I was fine with circ's until Hunter. With Joe, it was done at the hospital, I didn't even know about it till afterwards! With Jayden we had to go to the office and it was tramatic for me and him. I swore we'd never do it again and just hoped we had a girl lol. Well boy #3 came along and DH and I fought a lot about it. I said no, he said yes, we fought for 40 weeks over it! I told him in the end he had to be there for the whole proceedure - hoping he'd change his mind. He didn't. Then they screwed it up and now Hunter will have to have to have it fixed and that is just beyond sucky. And it was done by a well-known doctor who does at least 1 a day. Never dreamed we'd be the one time he screwed it up. DH feels bad because I was soo against it, I just had a bad feeling and he was so for it. But now we both agree if we have more kids and it's a boy (I'm sure it will be!) we will NOT circ.

And that article is gross...

Facebook
February 14th, 2010, 06:54 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow. I am speechless and appalled. I told DH this and he said he already knew about this. I was like wwwhhhaaattt?! Where have I been.

I have had a doctor at work tell me a circs are purely personal preference and there is absolutely no medical reason for them. Which I agree with him.
If I ever son will I have him circumsized? I have no idea to be honest.
February 14th, 2010, 09:44 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sam and i discuss circumcision a lot. had brylie been a boy, she would have been circ'd no questions asked..but then i started doing research on it..and now....i can't see it happening. sam is saying now he wants to circ, but he is very open to researching it and discussing it. im lucky that he is pretty open minded on everything and i know he won't do it just because he wants his son to "look like daddy" ....i am praying for a girl next time, but i just KNOW it's giong to be a boy and we're going to have to face the reality of actually talking about it

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
February 14th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am like a lot of you. With our second, I knew she was going to be a girl, I wanted the info and the fight when so we could hash it out when we DO have a boy. My DH is the same way, numbers and research. He and I have come full circle on things together. Homeschool, delayed vaxing, natural childbirth, etc. but the circumcision? It wouldn't matter WHAT I showed him, he wants his sons to be circumcised and there is nothing I can say to convince him. I am pretty sure this one will be a boy and I have fought and tried too long and I am done. Our son will be circ. because there is only so far you can go. I know he would hate it more than I would, but I will tell you. He is going to be THERE for it! I am not going to let him get out of seeing it. If he wants it done, he gets to comfort his son too.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search