went for my first ever chiropractor visit yesterday......

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2010, 06:38 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
It went pretty well, my neck feels amazing this morning! Turns out I have pelvic misalignment (or something like that) that only 5% of people have- he didn't check that until last and WOW did it hurt when he was checking to see if it was aligned or not. Certainly something is not right down there.

Anyway, he was telling me that one of his claims to fame is that all of the pregnant women that have seen him through their pregnancy have had very easy labors, due to their hips being aligned. This sounds pretty good to me!

What do you all think of that?

Makes me wonder about my labor with Cadie, zoomed through from the first contraction to pushing in 9 hours- thought the pushing stage would be fast also, but it was 3 hours. I don't know how I did it! She had some positioning to do.....seems to me it could be related to hips being out of alignment. Maybe lots of women have this problem and half of the interventions and c-sections because of "small pelvis" could be avoided with chiropractic care?

Just thinking out loud....
February 10th, 2010, 07:02 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
sounds like you had a good appointment. I have no real thoughts on chiros during pregnancy because I do not have any experience. I hope it helps you. I know when i was in grad school, one of my teachers found that my sacrum was out of alignment (it was totally crooked, i could feel it when he pointed it out to me) he adjusted it and it was painful to have done, but i felt great after and I do not think it has been out of alignment since!

February 10th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My labors after having chiropractic care were so much easier. They were all in a great birth position I think due to everything being lined up. So glad you had a good appointment!

February 10th, 2010, 07:24 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is so awesome!!!! I totally believe that there is credibility to that!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 10th, 2010, 08:29 AM
noworries
I've never gone to a chiro but I have heard that it can make labor a lot easier because you are aligned how you should be.
February 10th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a great appt! DH goes to the chiro every other week to stay aligned since his neck/back start hurting easily. I get freaked out when I hear everything pop back into place, etc so I usually don't go.

February 10th, 2010, 02:07 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never been to a chiro... I can't help but feel like once you start going you can't stop. And I just can't afford that... but my shoulders are always crackling, etc. so I'd really like to try it sometime. I think that what you said makes sense... if your pelvis isn't aligned right and they fix it, then labor should be easier I would think. Glad you appointment went well!

February 10th, 2010, 03:17 PM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just started seeing a chiro primarily to help future labors, but if I had known how much it would help me day to day I would have gone long ago. I also freak out about the adjustments and popping, so I really have to take a deep breath before he starts.

February 10th, 2010, 03:26 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
my insurance covers 80% for 30 visits a year. That's why I considered going, because with my pregnancy with Cadie I went for neuro-muscular massage to keep from getting a Fibromyalgia flare up. They said they would cover it, then they did not. Even though she was doing medical massage with billing codes and everything, and they had covered that in the past. So this time I started researching chiropractic care, and found that it is supposed to be pretty effective for fibro.

So much of what I have done in the past few years has not been covered (the massages, acupuncture for fertility, pelvic floor therapy) so I'm trying to stick to the covered stuff for a while.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search