Hello!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It has been awhile since I have posted on here. I have stayed up to date on all the posts, but since I have never had a natural child birth, I feel like I don't have much to add to help someone out! I hope that everyone is doing great!

Wanted to update on us thus far in the pregnancy! We are almost 26 weeks and I getting really nervous about the actual birth! I have not talked with my doctor yet about doing this naturally and will be doing that at my next appt. If I get any negative feedback on it, then I might switch docs! We start our hypnobabies course on March 13th. It will be held in our home and I am very excited about it! I decided not to work with a duola, unless my DH decides not to support me on this. He is at a point where he is not sure what to think. He remembers how it was with my DD and how much pain I was in. He is not 100% convinced that this is really a way to help with doing a natural birth! I hope that through these classes, that he will become more supportive!

I do have a question for those who have been through the natural childbirth. What happens when you tear? I know that they have to sew you up, but do they give you some pain meds for that or do you have to have them do that without any pain relief. I am more concerned about this then I am about pushing a baby out, lol! Any suggestions or advice on that would be great!

Again, I hope everyone is doing great! I hope to around more as we get closer to our due date!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
February 13th, 2010, 08:21 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Do you have AOL instant messenger? I have the positive affirmations track that I think you could use now, I can try and send it to you that way. Or I can try and email it to me if you send me your address. The track is 30 minutes so I'm not sure it would work but it's worth a shot. It's great to start listening to now if you're having worries. Let me know! You will love it. Ina Mays Guide to Childbirth is great too, it really has helped me work through some worries.
February 13th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't worry about tearing, there are some things that are going to work out in your favor and help you out in not tearing. This not being your first birth, going natural, you can control better at how you are pushing and you will stretch out better if you are controlled and Hypnobabies teaches you how to control the pushing, or breathing the baby down. I had a hypnobabies water birth and I tore a teeny tiny bit, I had a really large baby and the midwife was very impressed that I didn't tear more, she said I stretched out beautifully, for what that's worth. I did end up getting one stitch but it wasn't THAT necessary, she said she wanted to stitch it once just for extra precaution. But, it really wasn't all that bad. They did numb the area.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

Last edited by Tiff802; February 13th, 2010 at 09:23 AM.
February 13th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Ok, thanks! I wasn't sure how the tearing worked and all I could imagine was having it stitched up without any numbing stuff ... ouch! Kristen, I don't have AOL instant. I think that my hypnobabies instructor is sending me the tracks in a couple of weeks. If you can send it to my email that would be great and I can start it now! Thanks so much!

blfox4@uncg.edu

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
February 13th, 2010, 10:57 AM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
They do numb you to stitch, but there are things you can do before (and even during) to help make sure you stretch. TO be honest, I'm not all up on what's available, but for one thing kegels will help. There are oils and rubs to encourage stretching as well; I'm sure you can find more if you google it.

Looks like you've already had at least one - after that first one, your body is much more ready for what happens! My second baby was 8lbs 11oz and I didn't tear. My third was 9lbs 1oz and I didn't tear. And I forget to do kegels, and didn't use any rubs or anything.

You'll do great, mama!
February 13th, 2010, 09:12 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I tried to send it, but the file is too big. If you already paid for the class, I would call the instructor and ask for the tracks now. Tell her you want to get started on your affirmations.
February 14th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Kinda different I know - but my dad (a veterinarian) stitched my forehead when I was a kid - using only an ice cube to freeze it. It didn't hurt much at all. (and I have only the smallest scar)

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
February 14th, 2010, 02:03 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck!
I am currently looking for a bradley class in my area. We had no hypnobirthing classes in the area and DH wasn't too keen on the idea.
February 14th, 2010, 09:08 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I really think you should go for the doula- especially since the cost is so low. Don't think of her as a replacement for your husband, she is there to support BOTH of you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search