ACK!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You all are giving me the worst baby fever! DH and I aren't planning to ttc again for approx. 9 more months. Makes me sad. LOL.

How many kids do you all plan on having and do you think there will be a time where you feel finished?

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 13th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have terrible baby fever. I will be "allowed" to get pregnant and HBAC with my midwife in 5 months, but just to be on the good side of the statistics, we are going to try to wait 11 more months.

I want 4, I think. In fact, if they'd all be as easy and sweet as my Elizabeth, I'd have 6. However, I will only risk one more c-section. I'm a homebirther through and through, but the next c-section will be my last baby. There is a lot of pressure on the next birth.

DH wants 3 at most. But he also thinks charting is a great long-term birth control.* I predict a surprise 4th baby and possibly a vasectomy.

*I LOVE charting, but Elizabeth is a charting baby and I have very long, very irregular cycles. I do NOT anticipate 20 or so years of charting not resulting in a baby somewhere down the line. I think to be vigilant enough to prevent that long, you have to be SUPER against a baby.

February 13th, 2010, 08:53 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Pregnant with my fourth, and hubby says it will be the last time. I'm already thinking that maybe my body is getting a little old to do this any more, but I sure wouldn't be against adopting in the future if finances allowed it.

My three are boys, so we are praying for a girl this time! If she's a girl, I'll probably feel "done" for at least a good while. If it's another boy, I'll probably feel like we'll "eventually" get a girl one way or another.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
February 13th, 2010, 10:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just had a baby about 3 months ago and I am already thinking of my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th... LOL DH only wants 2 but I am hoping to change his mind to 3 or if not praying for twins since they run on my mom side, but I would really love to be pregnant 2-3 more times...

I had such an easy pregnancy that I truly enjoyed being pregnant and enjoyed labor and birthing... I am going to look into homebirths in my state to see what the laws are on it or any information on it and look for a true MW in the state.... or I will make sure to stick with a MW through the OB place I went to...

I don't know what it is, but I have fun when it comes to the charting, IC HPT/OPKs and all the stuff that comes with TTC, pregnancy, and labor!

This may sound selfish but I don't think I will be done with having children until I have my 100% NCB... if that means I will have it with my 2nd baby then I think I honestly will be done, but I want to have a NCB without pain meds even if it means I end up on Pit again but hope if I do that a MW will be present the entire labor and birth....

Last edited by PinkFireFly; February 13th, 2010 at 10:18 PM.
February 13th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Totally having baby fever here too and she's not even 3 months old yet!! haha

We actually had this discussion not long ago. I think I want 3 more for a total of 6. But timing is something we're still discussing. We're extremely squished as it is in our house so adding another baby isn't the best idea in our current situation. However, it's likely we'll be in this house for several more years and I don't want to wait that long to have another baby (ideally I want to be done before I'm 35 - I'll be 30 in a couple months). So we aren't totally sure when the next will come.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 13th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicBaby21 View Post
I just had a baby about 3 months ago and I am already thinking of my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th... LOL DH only wants 2 but I am hoping to change his mind to 3 or if not praying for twins since they run on my mom side, but I would really love to be pregnant 2-3 more times...

I had such an easy pregnancy that I truly enjoyed being pregnant and enjoyed labor and birthing... I am going to look into homebirths in my state to see what the laws are on it or any information on it and look for a true MW in the state.... or I will make sure to stick with a MW through the OB place I went to...

I don't know what it is, but I have fun when it comes to the charting, IC HPT/OPKs and all the stuff that comes with TTC, pregnancy, and labor!

This may sound selfish but I don't think I will be done with having children until I have my 100% NCB... if that means I will have it with my 2nd baby then I think I honestly will be done, but I want to have a NCB without pain meds even if it means I end up on Pit again but hope if I do that a MW will be present the entire labor and birth....
I am pretty sure homebirth midwifery is 100% legal in MI. Honestly, I think it's your best bet for a really good birth. Hospital midwives...even if they're true midwives, they just don't have the power to buck the system.

I love all the TTC/pregnancy stuff too! I had the best pregnancy.

To be totally honest, I am obsessed with "the next birth." It is part of the reason I want to be pregnant again. My midwife said it is really normal with women who have really bad births but not ti use it as the sole reason to get pregnant again. I swear I visualize my HBAC at least once a day - usually as I'm going to sleep.

Last edited by Sk8ermaiden; February 13th, 2010 at 11:12 PM.
February 14th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I originally wanted 4. But I have had an extremely rough pregnancy and not sure I can do this again. Well I know I can, but it is very risky.
DH and I did talk about if we decided on more than one again, we would space them 2 years apart.
February 14th, 2010, 06:03 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
Honestly, I think it's your best bet for a really good birth. Hospital midwives...even if they're true midwives, they just don't have the power to buck the system.

To be totally honest, I am obsessed with "the next birth." It is part of the reason I want to be pregnant again. My midwife said it is really normal with women who have really bad births but not ti use it as the sole reason to get pregnant again. I swear I visualize my HBAC at least once a day - usually as I'm going to sleep.
I could have written your entire post! That's exactly how I feel. I love my midwives (the one who delivered me and the 4 others that did my prenatal and postpartum care), and the one who delivered Claire used to BE a homebirth midwife. But they just didn't have the authority to challenge the hospital and OB rules. I started researching HBAC at the urging of the midwife who delivered Claire bc she thought there was a really good chance my pregnancies would all go to like 43 weeks and I needed to be out from under the thumb of the hospital in order to have spontaneous labor.

As for how many, I always said I wanted 8-12 kids. I still feel that way. But I don't want them any closer together than 2 years, and I really am not comfortable with the idea of being pregnant past 35. So I'm gonna try really hard to squeeze in at least 4 and hopefully I will feel "done."

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
February 14th, 2010, 08:10 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
this will be the second and our last. I'm too old for this!
February 14th, 2010, 10:28 AM
TheOtherMichelle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I went through that for a long time. I think I wanted a "do-over" because I tried so hard with dd and it didn't work out. I think it took me a good 2.5 years to get to the point where I actually want another newborn. I've always wanted to have more than one child, and would like to begin ttc in the next 6 months to 1 year. I think I would be content with 2, but part of me wants 3. I don't know, we'll see how having 2 children goes, and see how the next birth goes. If I have to have another c-section I think I'm done. Maybe I'll have twins and get it over with in 1 shot. I loved being pregnant, even though I had miserable morning sickness and can't wait to experience it again.

February 14th, 2010, 11:40 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to have between four and six children.

February 14th, 2010, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
I am pretty sure homebirth midwifery is 100% legal in MI. Honestly, I think it's your best bet for a really good birth. Hospital midwives...even if they're true midwives, they just don't have the power to buck the system.

I am going to start doing MUCH research on homebirths... I did find a MW the county next to us that does homebirths but need to do alot of research on this! DH said I can do it however I feel in order to heal and get my NCB... (he wasn't too thrilled with everything I went through with the OB place)...

Plus depending on DD age at the time of the next one... a homebirth will be perfect to include her
February 14th, 2010, 08:51 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
im desperate for a do over....we started trying in oct since my period returned but didnt conceive (brylie was 2m old)...now ttc is on hold since we absolutely positively 100% do NOT want a winter baby...brylie is an IUI baby and i imagine the next will be too (I dont ovulate on my own, **** you PCOS)...so we will likely do another IUI in december...so I am REALLY excited it's almost march!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
February 14th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Why don't you want a winter baby Chels?
February 14th, 2010, 09:27 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
haha if I had a winter baby this year I would for sure have had an unassisted homebirth...we can't get off our road unless it's in a tractor 98% of the time. No midwife would be able to get to our house, and I'm sure as heck not riding to the city )an hour by truck) in a tractor! all the bumps would definitely cause my baby to come shooting out halfway down there..not to mention...OWWW! we've gotten almost 40" of snow at my house since october....not to mention i hate winter and would never want to bring a baby home in this weather (it hasn't been above like 3 degrees since...ummm..Christmas? I think one day it hit 14....)and I love me some summer babies! I LOVED being pregnant all summer and being able to spend my days swimming, being outside and walking, working in my garden, etc.

we seriously will never ever have a winter baby....sam's lucky if he gets any between Feb & August ...much less without pounds of spermicide

and to answer the original question which i missed...we want 8-10 kids

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
February 14th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
This is our 3rd and possibly last baby. I can't say for sure though. I feel like 3 may just feel complete to me, but also wonder if as the baby gets bigger I will want at least 1 more. Financially and space wise I am just not sure we could handle 4, but if things look good in the future I may be open to it. Or a may say, 3 is IT!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

February 15th, 2010, 10:55 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have total baby fever right now! I'm excited to go through it again without the stress of the surprise pregnancy. We're going to TTC again after we get married May 1st. We'd like at least 3 children and hopefully be done by the time I'm 30.

February 15th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
haha if I had a winter baby this year I would for sure have had an unassisted homebirth...we can't get off our road unless it's in a tractor 98% of the time. No midwife would be able to get to our house, and I'm sure as heck not riding to the city )an hour by truck) in a tractor! all the bumps would definitely cause my baby to come shooting out halfway down there..not to mention...OWWW! we've gotten almost 40" of snow at my house since october....not to mention i hate winter and would never want to bring a baby home in this weather (it hasn't been above like 3 degrees since...ummm..Christmas? I think one day it hit 14....)and I love me some summer babies! I LOVED being pregnant all summer and being able to spend my days swimming, being outside and walking, working in my garden, etc.

we seriously will never ever have a winter baby....sam's lucky if he gets any between Feb & August ...much less without pounds of spermicide

and to answer the original question which i missed...we want 8-10 kids

LOL.. good call on no winter babies... it would be something though seeing you ride in on a tractor during labor...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search