A Re-Introduction

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2010, 06:52 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Hello Ladies!

My name is Danielle (27) wife to Billy & Mommy to Claire (6 months). I was a frequent reader and fairly regular poster in this forum while I was pregnant with my dd. I'm a big believer in NCB and an advocate for reducing unnecessary interventions from the American standard of care for childbirth. After my dd was born, I had so much grief, anger, shame, and post-traumatic symptoms that I was afraid to come back to this forum at all. I thought it might be rubbing salt in my emotional wounds or that someone might judge my decision the same way that I did - and blame me for my horrible birth experience the way that I did. Now that I'm 6 months out and have been make some real progress emotionally, I miss taking part in these discussions. I've also decided to try and channel my experience into something positive by getting my postpartum doula certification - and I know all the cool doulas are here And I'm SO TIRED of feeling like the wierdo who believes birth is more than just watching movies while an EFM beeps away and an epidural drips and doing whatever someone tells you to do. So at the urging of my good friend ChicaChels and based largely on the display of support a lot of you ladies showed me for the fight being waged in my PR yesterday , I think I would really like to start posting here again. Even though my dd's birth is basically an example of how interventions lead to interventions and none of them are good, I still think I have something to offer to discussions on these topics. And I am also eager to learn about homebirth as I'm researching the possibility of HBAC for my next pregnancy. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Thanks!

Here's a link to Claire's birth story if anyone would like to read about what NOT to do
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f8...l#post19048029 (Charlotte Claire Dass ~ 8/12/09 ~ Failed Induction & ER Cesarean)

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
February 14th, 2010, 08:07 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'm Tiffany! You know, I didn't have an ideal 1st birth either and without that experience I don't know if I would have been as passionate about changing the system as I am now! I did have a healing second birth! It was absolutely AMAZING! So, to be honest with you, I am thankful, now, that I had that first experience because it has lit a fire in me that no one can put out! I hope that in time you too can look back on your first experience and be thankful! Because of your experience you WILL change lives! Welcome back and just know that we are here for you if you ever need to vent! (((HUGS)))

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 14th, 2010, 09:01 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
welcome back! Please don't feel you will be judged here. We have women of all types on this board. We may judge the system, but not the mommies.
February 14th, 2010, 10:49 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Danielle!!!!!!!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
February 14th, 2010, 11:32 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Chels, I love you. You crack me up

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
February 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
Welcome back!!

I read your story and commented there.

And I totally agree about judging the system and not the mommies! It's not fair that we have to fight against a system that is in the wrong.

Chat and heal with us!

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
February 14th, 2010, 01:35 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
welcome back!! i came right back to this board after my csection because i am still 110% commited to NCB and feel so strongly about the harmful way obstetrics has gone in recent times. the only time i really had an issue was when i went for my annual at the birth center. it made me sad that i did not finish my birth journey there.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search