Preggo check in!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2010, 06:57 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
What's up with all our preggo ladies? How far along are you now? How are you feeling? Anything else you want to share?
-----------------------------------------------------

I'm 20 weeks now!! Sort of in disbelief of that. Enjoying the second trimester, and in no hurry to get to the third! I have my 3rd midwife appointment this week, but it is her backup since she is on vacation for a few weeks. I should finally be able to hear the heartbeat, and we will discuss the ultrasound that we plan to get, hopefully next week! Feeling baby all the time now.

Getting really amped up for the homebirth. Been reading the HB board on mothering and there is a great super long thread "what I wish I'd known/had" where I am getting lots of great ideas of things to have on hand. Making me so excited!

John and I just worked through some issues we were having over payment/insurance and that feels good. It was starting to put a bit of a dark cloud over it, and I wasn't happy about that. As of last week we heard from the midwife billing that we have been approved by our insurance for 70% coverage - but I'm not holding my breath yet. That would be super sweet.

My only physical complaint right now is I'm having a real hard time getting to sleep at night, it's cutting into my precious few hours! boo. Plugging away on the pelvic floor therapy, that seems to be going well too.

things are great!
February 15th, 2010, 07:29 AM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I'm 16 weeks now and can't really believe it. This pregnancy is going so much faster and more smoothly than my 1st. I'm feeling really good. The only annoying thing is that the nausea is still hanging on much more than I had hoped. Then again I had it from beginning to end with DS so I think this is just one of those things my body does when pregnant.
I had my first "official" mw appointment on the 4th and it went really well, the baby sounded great and I scheduled my 20 week u/s already. My next mw appointment is the 4th and my u/s is on the 11th (I'll really be 19w5d), but since we aren't finding out gender (DH swears he will be able to tell on his own without the tech saying anything ) I'm am just excited to see how much my baby has grown! It feels a little bittersweet to know this is the last I'll see of our baby until I'm holding him or her!
I meet my doula for the first time tomorrow. I have talked to her by phone and email but we're meeting for coffee in the morning. I didn't have a doula with DS so I'm hoping it's a good fit. I'm a pretty solitary person and it's freaking me out a little bit to imagine all of these people in my house (mw, assistant, doula, - plus my grandparents are planning on staying with us for a while to help with DS) while I'm giving birth. But I'm hoping for a good experience since they'll be there to support what I need during the birth (with the exception of my grandparents, I'm really hoping they will just stay out of the way until it's all said and done ).

February 15th, 2010, 07:35 AM
noworries
12 weeks today. YAY! I'm feeling good physically, just the first trimester exhaustion but other than that it's been easy like my other pregnancies. Also doing fairly well emotionally. I definitely have more fears and worries than I did in previous pregnancies but so far I haven't let them become overwhelming and I am enjoying the pregnancy.
February 15th, 2010, 08:05 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
37 weeks now, feeling great! This pregnancy has been so much easier than the first. I feel non-pregnant most of the time aside from having a big belly that gets in my way. My biggest complaint is pelvic pain, the baby is so low that I feel like I have a watermelon in my pelvis. When I roll around in bed at night I cry out, it hurts so bad. I just packed our birth center bags last night, so that's exciting. I'm a little nervous as time gets closer though.
February 15th, 2010, 09:02 AM
danischmell's Avatar Regular
I'm 23 weeks today. Starting to feel her move around a lot, which is reassuring. I have an anterior placenta so it took a while to really feel her. I'm feeling pretty good. I feel like first pregnancy was a lot easier tho. This one is a lot harder, nausea started early and went on until a couple weeks ago. The fatigue has been pretty bad, but much better lately than in the beginning. Now my hips are starting to hurt when I walk.. I guess all my bones are getting loosey goosey already, lol. It definitely feels different being pregnant after 30 than it was before. Makes me feel really old, lol.

In other news, we have decided against an OB and I have my first appt on tuesday with the midwife that delivered my first to talk about how a home birth would work. We did find out there's a small possibility that the hospital near us that's covered by our insurance may start allowing midwives to deliver there as of sometime in March. So we might have the option of going back to the midwife I have been seeing and deliver in that hospital.. but since we've been talking about the home birth, the thought of going to a hospital is not appealing at all. I had my first at a birth center and I can't even imagine myself in the hospital during that. The dumb thing is because we're signed up with supplemental insurance it would actually be cheaper to deliver in the hospital cuz we'd get a big check back and the home birth would pretty much be all out of pocket... but we're starting to think its worth it to us to have the birth we want. We'll see how we feel after our appt.

February 15th, 2010, 11:04 AM
dbarney's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 32 weeks almost 33 and I'm getting so excited but so nervous. Things have been going great for me. I really want a NCB but I'm so afraid that I'm going to not be able to handle it or for something to go wrong. I have been studying a lot on this and feel as prepared as I can but at the same time feel like I might be missing something.

February 15th, 2010, 12:06 PM
lilflower
I'm 32 weeks I've got to make it atleast another 5 weeks so I can have my homebirth...I'm totally confident that I will go the 5 weeks if not closer to 6 or 7.

I'm already 2cm dilated and 75% effaced. Been on bed rest since the beginning of the second trimester! So I'm ready for the 5 weeks to pass so I can get up and clean and cook and take a longer shower than 10 minutes!
February 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
dalynnrmc's Avatar pronounced (day-lynn)
I'm 8 weeks today, and haven't been in for an appointment yet. Still waiting on insurance stuff, state insurance to let me know which plan I'm on.

Plus, we're planning on moving in about 6 weeks - will be about 3 hours away - so that will make a difference as to doctors. My kids have an appt with our doc near where we're moving (it's also where we moved FROM three years ago, and where both sets of our parents live) next Monday, so I'm going to chat at him then about how quickly we need to do an appt or if it can wait for our move.

I'm super duper tired all of the time and a little concerned about iron and anemia. I have a first WIC appt on Thursday, and am hoping (assuming) they'll test it there so I can call doc with info. Hopefully once I know what's going on there, we can do something to my diet or supplements to help me feel a little better. I'd rather be tired than sick though, and I'm not being sick hardly at all. A little nauseated sometimes, but not sick.

Looking forward to getting to use the doc I like! I don't get along well with docs in general, and was not looking forward to having to find someone here.

Much thanks to Alethia for my beautiful siggie and tags!!
February 15th, 2010, 04:12 PM
frugality=reality
I'm 25 weeks now. I feel great! I love being pregnant.

I'm getting a little frustrated with my birth center and insurance issues, but other than that... things are going well.
February 15th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Psalm139's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm 36 weeks pregnant and just so eager for this baby to come. I've been a crazy nesting maniac and now I'm worried that I'm out of stuff to do and will be twiddling my thumbs for a month! I need to find some distractions. Physically, I'm feeling good except I seem to be getting tired earlier and earlier each night.

I'm not really feeling nervous about birth. I know God will grant the strength and endurance we need. I'm mainly just impatient.

My husband and I have finished all 12 Bradley courses and are continuing to do our relaxation practices as much as we can.
Psalm 139:13-14 "For you [God] created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..."

February 16th, 2010, 11:41 AM
irunpink's Avatar Sophie
I am a little over 27 weeks and everything is great so far! I'm having BH every day here and there, though :/. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone by--I have a feeling these last 3 months will go by even faster... just trying to make sure I've got everything ready before the big day . We live on the East Coast while DH is in grad school for 1 more year, but the baby will be born in Texas this coming May right after his finals. It'll be interesting getting on a plane at 36 weeks when we move down south for the summer!

Thank you, *Kiliki*, for my sweet siggy!

February 16th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 22 weeks pregnant. I am feeling pretty good. I am very uncomfortable, and not sleeping much! Its hard to believe in 6 weeks I will be in my 3rd trimester!
It sure has been a rough 22 weeks! I was extremely sick until 20 weeks and had a PICC line and had to do IV hydration at home every day. I was on bed rest for 3 weeks and now am just trying to make it to June. I am still cramping and having back pain but no hardcore contractions.
A rash appeared today and I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so I will get it looked at.
Baby is moving constantly and it is such a great feeling!
February 16th, 2010, 02:42 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am a little over 23 weeks now. Im tired and sore all the time. I guess having 3 babies in 4 years takes its toll on a womans body LOL. Baby is moving heaps. I really hope hes not going to be so active when hes born. Also Im sick of not being able to breathe properley. I swear this baby is waay to high for a 23weeker.

Last edited by 3xCrazy; February 16th, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
February 16th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 26 weeks and feeling pretty good. My only big complaint is sciatica pains bothering me. Usually they aren't too bad but the last two days at work now have me in pain. Baby is moving around a lot. I have occasional BH but they aren't painful at all. I have an appointment next week and thats when I do my glucose test. I'm not looking forward to sitting at the office a long time. After that appointment, I start going every two weeks. It really seems like time is flying by...

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
February 17th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Anisah's Avatar Mom of 4 + 1 in May 2010
Send a message via MSN to Anisah Send a message via Yahoo to Anisah
I'm 28 weeks along, and feeling 'okay'. I am anxious about the birth, but I am doing hypnobabies to help relax me.
February 17th, 2010, 07:05 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am 19 weeks now. I am feeling good. I have gained way too much weight though (about 16 pounds, ugh) so I'm going to try to start eating a little better. And I'm hoping it will warm up soon so I can start walking again.

This past week was rough. My 18 week u/s (where we learned that it's a boy!) revealed a 2-vessel cord and fluid in the kidneys. They mentioned the possibility of a chromosomal abnormality and so of course I proceeded to worry the whole time until I got my next u/s yesterday. The fluid in the kidneys is almost entirely gone and the kidneys look fine. Everything looks normal except the 2-vessel cord. So now I'm probably going to have more u/s as I get closer to my due date so they can monitor his growth. I'm really worried he will have IUGR and they will want to induce me early or something. I'm just wondering how this will affect my chances of having a natural birth.

I have received a fair amount of things for baby already but I have so much cleaning and organizing to do it's ridiculous. And we don't have any of the big items we will need yet. We will probably have to wait until after the shower. And I'm hoping to try to sell my car very soon and buy my sister's car so I still have to take care of all of that.

I'm glad I'm almost halfway but it seems like it's going by too fast. I'm not even really showing yet! I'm hoping I will start looking more pregnant soon.

February 17th, 2010, 07:21 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm 33w today! I can't believe this pregnancy has gone by so quickly!

I'm feeling pretty good. Not getting too uncomfortable yet, although the past two days I've been having difficulty getting a deep breath!

I'm trying to set up a tour of the hospital; it's the same hospital I delivered the other two at, but they just opened a brand new L&D wing. I'm hoping they have some tubs or such to at least labor in! I wish I could deliver in a birthing center, but there aren't any in the area, and I know DH would not be comfortable with a home birth, so hospital it is.

I am now on weekly appointments with my OB, so I'll be discussing my birth plan with him tomorrow and get him to sign it!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

February 17th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Mrs_Hub's Avatar Veteran
Im at 33 weeks and 1day. I am doing pretty well and enjoying pregnancy but anxious to meet this baby and have my body back. I am getting worried because all signs are pointing to a large baby and the birth center may not let me deliver there if they feel that it is getting too big (over 10 lbs). Everyone tells me to be open minded about interventions but it is hard when I have my heart set on the birth center. It is still early so hopefully it will all work out. I have gained A LOT of weight this pregnancy despite eating healthy and the baby is measuring around 35 weeks. My stomach is measuring at 37 weeks! Fingers crossed that it is just a lot of water weight and all will be okay. I joined a pool and have been swimming laps 3 to 4 days a week and hope to do some walking too.

February 17th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 26-27 weeks and feeling good, just tired.

February 18th, 2010, 07:11 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I'm 30 weeks and feeling okay. It's just been a harder pregnancy in general than my first. No major problems, just no appetite, constantly exhausted, and aching hips. I'm not sleeping well anymore which makes it hard dealing with a toddler all day. My glucose test came back perfectly normal, only gained 19 pounds so far, and baby is currently breech. My midwife wasn't worried about that yet. The only concerns I have are whether baby will turn head down on her own and which midwife in the practice will be on call when I'm in labor. I love 2 of the 3 midwives. The third is fine, but I've only met her once and she seemed to really rush me through my appointment without any attempt to get to know me or ask if I had any questions.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search