Sleeping and your LO

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
If you are pregnant, are you planning to co-sleep, use a crib in a separate room, or room in but not share the same bed?

If your LO is already here, which do you do? If you do co-sleep or share the same room, when do you plan to move them to their own room?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 16th, 2010, 08:25 AM
noworries
We will bed share probably until baby is a couple of months old and then depending on what baby likes best either move baby to bassinet next to our bed or to baby's own crib. My daughter refused to sleep in the bassinet so she went directly from our bed to her crib.
February 16th, 2010, 08:49 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're using a Arm's Reach Co-sleeper for when baby comes. Hunter still co-sleeps with us in our bed, don't have plans to move him.
February 16th, 2010, 09:03 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
we have her crib side-carred to our bed (kinda like an arm's reach co-sleeper). But she almost always wiggles her way right next to me. No idea when we'll move her, nowhere TO move her

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 16th, 2010, 09:32 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He's been sleeping in his crib in his own room since he was 3 weeks old. He's always enjoyed his space and sleeps much better on his own. Sometimes I wish he needed me a little more!

February 16th, 2010, 09:49 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
we cosleep with a side carred crib and love it. I do not forsee it changing any time soon.

February 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I plan on using an arms reach co-sleeper for the first few months, after that I'm not really sure, but I'm leaning towards keeping her in my bed.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my siggy
February 16th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm planning to co-sleep for the first few months, but I'm not sure about the details yet. I have so much reading to do!

February 16th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We use the co-sleeper bassinet arms reach one too...

I don't plan on moving her anytime soon although sometimes especially when it comes to nursing... I will prop Noelle on a pillow next to me and lay on my side while she nurses.... She wouldn't sleep in the bassinet when we first brought her home so needless to say it was many nights on sleeping in a chair with her on my chest, on my chest in bed, or on a pillow next to me... finally we put a sleep positioner in the bassinet with a pillow and snuzzle Noelle on her back on the pillow so she kinda squishes down in the positioner... (hard to explain, sounds unsafe) but it works and Noelle sleeps on her back and stays that way....
February 16th, 2010, 11:12 AM
WhoaMomma!'s Avatar Danielle
Claire starts out the night in a bassinet in our room (not next to the bed only bc it wouldn't fit). I would say most nights (but not all) she will wake up at some point fussing when she has eaten recently enough that I know it's not for a feeding. I stick her in bed with us then so we can all get some sleep instead of fighting to get the baby to bed only to have her wake back up an hour later. On those nights she usually ends up in bed with us for a couple of hours total.

We are planning to move her to a crib in her room as soon as DH goes and gets it and puts it together. I'm excited about that bc my DH doesn't really sleep, so it will be his job to manage the baby if she wakes up at night in her own room since they will both be upstairs and I will be in our room downstairs. I liked cosleeping when she was teensy weensy. But now that she is getting bigger, cosleeping means she smacks me in the face and tries to nurse through my shirt even when we're both asleep and she army crawls over me to get attention in the AM on weekends and - my personal favorite - now that she can sit up, I will wake up to find her face a cm from mine with her blowing raspberries at me to get me to wake up.

My daughter is perfect, but her birth was not. If you or someone you love is struggling to cope with a traumatic childbirth experience, please visit http://www.solaceformothers.org/
February 16th, 2010, 11:22 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The first few weeks she slept in the basinette attached tot he pnp, but since she had reflux she wasn't really sleeping so I brought her to bed and she slept on my chest. WHen she got a little bigger, she slept propped in the bend of my right arm all night and had all night boobie access which she loved ....we co-slept until I had knee surgery in january and then I had to sleep downstairs in the guest room because the stairs were too hard, so Sam put her in the PNP (we had a snuggle nest but never used it until she went into the PNP) and then Feb 1st we moved her into her crib in her room and it's going so well. She sleeps religiously from 8pm-830/9am

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
February 16th, 2010, 11:23 AM
lilflower
I co-slept with my DD until she weaned herself, then she moved to a toddler bed in my room. I have a "snuggle nest" to use with this one, but he will definitely be in the bed too. It's much better for me to have them right there to feed and change without getting up and walking to another room!
February 16th, 2010, 11:44 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
We have an arms reach co-sleeper for the new baby because the Amby hammock we used with Walter was recalled, and we have yet to receive the replacement kit. We had my son in our room in the hammock to start out with, and then had him in our bed after he woke up. We did that until he was close to a year (when he outgrew the hammock he was in our bed full time, and then when he got mobile he was in his crib next to our bed). He moved into his room at around a year. We'll follow that sort of thing with this baby, but move him into Walter's room and maybe have both of them share a bed at that point.
February 16th, 2010, 12:34 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we bedshare and will till noah or we need more space.... at least 2 yrs i guess.

February 16th, 2010, 12:37 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflower View Post
I co-slept with my DD until she weaned herself, then she moved to a toddler bed in my room. I have a "snuggle nest" to use with this one, but he will definitely be in the bed too. It's much better for me to have them right there to feed and change without getting up and walking to another room!
we used the snuggle nest for the first 4 months, i loved it!

February 16th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
Bed share for at least 2 years. Did the same with his sisters.

February 16th, 2010, 01:35 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
For a few months baby will sleep in a bassinet in our room and then will be moved to her crib in her own room.
February 16th, 2010, 03:30 PM
3xCrazy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DS coslept with me until about 8months old. DD coslept with me until about 12months old. This new baby will NOT be sleeping in my bed. He will be in a crib in his own room. I dont have the energy to make the transition again.

February 16th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily started in a bassinet next to our bed, but ended up bedsharing until about 12mo old. Then she moved onto a mattress on the floor by our bed. She just moved into her own room within the past few weeks (she's 18mo now).

For the new baby we plan to co-sleep with them on a crib mattress next to our bed (our bed is right on the ground). I'll probably use the snuggle next at first so they have less space around them. I'm fine with them in our bed as well, but the crib mattress just basically extends the side of my bed over a bit so she'll be right there.

February 16th, 2010, 05:10 PM
danischmell's Avatar Regular
We had my dd in a little cradle next to the bed when she was born. Only way I survived the night time feeding. Fell asleep with her in the bed half the time. We moved her to a crib in her own room at four months because i was worried about having to deal with moving her if I waited until she got older. Looking back I think I moved her too soon and am planning on letting this one stay in our room longer. We'll see how it goes before I know how long.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search