How has deciding to have a NCB changed your life?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2010, 06:02 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
When you decided to have a NCB did you think it would change your life? I never thought that it would change mine the way it has. The best part for me is how making this decision has taught me to think for myself and to educate myself on issues that are important to me. It's also brought some AMAZING women into my life, all of which I love dearly.

Has it changed your life? If so, how?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 18th, 2010, 07:28 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
what you said. I'm more aware of everything and I love how many wonderful people it has brought into my life.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

February 18th, 2010, 07:34 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I'm not sure it has changed my life that much. I grew up with the idea of NCB. My mom had NCB's with both my sister and I and practiced Bradley. My aunt ended up using Bradley based on my mom's recommendation. She ended up teaching it and having 5 NCB's, the last 3 were home births. So it was just a concept I was aware of.

That being said, I have definitely enjoyed being pregnant this time, my third. I really started researching more about NCB and home births. With my first I listened to my mom's advice, the second we had just moved out of state and were broke so we kind of just winged it... but this time I have learned so much more! Maybe it's just because I live in Seattle but it seems like so many of my friends and other women I know are getting into NCB. It's fun to see! Plus it's fun to talk about it and not feel like you are "trying to convince" anyone. They know first hand what an awesome gift it is to do NCB!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
February 18th, 2010, 09:27 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I looked at my mom who had these intense fast labors and I was hoping to be like her. My sister was born in the hospital hall way and I being her first was born in an hour and a half from start to finish. So I was hoping this would be me. But when I had pre-term labor with David and then pre-e which added everything else that goes with it I never really thought it was possible for me to have a ncb. When my water broke with Katelynn my goal was to stay home as long as possible. And she was born in 3 hours and 40 minutes. It made me feel so strong. I feel that it has made me a stronger person. It has also changed my view on things. So it has changed my life.

February 18th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I guess I never really knew any other way. I grew up on a farm, so giving birth is a natural process. Didn't even dawn on me to do the pit, epi, c/s rollarcoaster. I have had 7 ncb and unless baby is in real trouble won't mess with my body. It knows what to do. Has it changed my life? No sure. I really don't spend a whole lot of time thinking about it. I'm glad I've been able to ncb, but wonder why more woman look to drugs first. Made me wonder more about them than me I guess.

February 18th, 2010, 12:01 PM
ShaunaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd say NCB has affected my life profoundly! I met soul sisters through this Board who I know will be in my life forever. it also became the bridge to developing many other very important relationships in my life offline. The study of NCB led to my desire for a waterbirth at home and the realization of the type of parent I will be. Most significantly the study of NCB put me on my path to my (eventual) new career as a doula. It sparked a passion in me I never anticipated. It's made me more aware of my body. It's opened me up to new practices and ideas, such as yoga, meditation, hypnotherapy, etc. And this is all before actually experiencing it.
February 18th, 2010, 12:16 PM
noworries
It's opened me up to more natural things in other areas of my life. It's connected to me to some amazing women. It's made me more aware of my body and made me more appreciative of the body in general.
February 18th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaB View Post
I'd say NCB has affected my life profoundly! I met soul sisters through this Board who I know will be in my life forever. it also became the bridge to developing many other very important relationships in my life offline. The study of NCB led to my desire for a waterbirth at home and the realization of the type of parent I will be. Most significantly the study of NCB put me on my path to my (eventual) new career as a doula. It sparked a passion in me I never anticipated. It's made me more aware of my body. It's opened me up to new practices and ideas, such as yoga, meditation, hypnotherapy, etc. And this is all before actually experiencing it.
It has definitely sparked a passion in me I never anticipated as well! It also put me on my path on my eventual new career! I hope to one day become a childbirth educator, doula and eventually a midwife.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 18th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with everything said. It opened me up to new ideas and and I think it has helped me learn to parent more naturally too. Like you, it made me start to question a lot more and do my research first.

Expecting baby #4!

February 18th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, honestly my health issues BEFORE my NCB were what changed me the most to seek it out. I was trying to heal my body naturally because no doctors were helping at all. When what I was doing was making a difference and I got pregnant (finally) because of it, I thought that there must be something to this natural thing with the body. And then I just felt like if I could come through my sicknesses then I wanted to face some other fears in my life and try things the way God intended them. During all of this I had a wonderful dream that I birthed a baby girl naturally and it felt so real that I wanted to do it. Its changed me because I now listen to my body more. In all aspects of life. I can tell when my vitamins are off, when my anxiety is flaring up and my hormones are wacky. Its just trained me to listen. And yes I have met wonderful women who have shared so much of what they know. And also having HAD a NCB it changed me to feel that I was stronger than I thought I was and that life isn't always as hard as we make it out to be. That God and nature are in control so that the body works the way it was designed to work when we work WITH it and not against it.

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

February 18th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husher View Post
When you decided to have a NCB did you think it would change your life? I never thought that it would change mine the way it has. The best part for me is how making this decision has taught me to think for myself and to educate myself on issues that are important to me. It's also brought some AMAZING women into my life, all of which I love dearly.

Has it changed your life? If so, how?

I would have to agree as well with this....

I have also noticed myself being more passionate about NCB, BFing and being a mother... I am also more passionate about being an advocate of NCB and wanting to help other women make it to their goal of an NCB... I didn't get a 100% NCB but I am more headstrong, passionate, and yes stubborn and will be making every effort to research more on NCB so my next pregnancies will be 100% NCB if possible... I have this burning desire to have an NCB and to help other women strive for one as well...
February 19th, 2010, 09:06 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Having not had my natural birth yet, I'm not sure what the exact impact will be. At this point, I feel so much more educated and empowered on my options just from reading about NCB. I hope that I will be able to accomplish a NCB and then see where that leads me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search