Leep

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2010, 06:07 AM
bigplantnerd
So I have a spot of dysplasia and need to have LEEP done on friday. I have read that this can effect cervical integrity and dilation in future pregnancies. Any knowledge or experiences to share?
February 18th, 2010, 06:23 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
unfortunately that is very true. it can, in some women, cause infertility and incompetent cervix. others will have no trouble post procedure.

February 18th, 2010, 06:25 AM
bigplantnerd
I guess I'm choosing possible infertility over possible cancer. Get your daughters gardasil ladies!!!
February 18th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
Hi, I had a LEEP procedure done in 2005 for this as well. When I got pregnant with my first son in 2007 I was really nervous about having an incompetent cervix due to the LEEP so I had a vaginal ultrasound at 13 weeks to make sure things looked ok. My cervix was completely normal throughout that pregnancy so I didn't even worry about it with my second.

I don't think it's a high percentage of women who have issues after having the procedure done but I think waiting a year or two helps. Once you get pregnant again be sure to discuss it with your current midwife or OB too. Hopefully you won't have any issues either!

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 18th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I should also add that I work with high risk pregnant women and infertility patients so I see a skewed section of the population.

as far as the vaccine, well, that is a personal opinion.

February 18th, 2010, 07:29 AM
bigplantnerd
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm78 View Post
I should also add that I work with high risk pregnant women and infertility patients so I see a skewed section of the population.

as far as the vaccine, well, that is a personal opinion.
Ah, I see you are anti-vax. No offense meant at all. This just sucks and I wish they had it when I was young.
February 18th, 2010, 08:31 AM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a leep in 2005 and got pregnant 3 months later. My cervix was short at my 20 week u/s (only 2.3 cm) and he was born 5 weeks early. Because of this, my doc has scheduled biweekly u/s to check my cervical length. It hasn't been a huge issue (Dean was born at 39w5d) but it's something they're aware of and monitoring.

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

February 18th, 2010, 10:18 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I'm not totally anti vax (so far my daughter has none, but will get some in time) but I will be seeing how things play out in the future with that particular one. So far it's safety is not proven.

I hope everything goes ok for you, keep us posted!
February 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplantnerd View Post
Ah, I see you are anti-vax. No offense meant at all. This just sucks and I wish they had it when I was young.
I am not anti-vax, we are just choosing not to vax. The Gardisil has a lot of bad reactions and deaths in teenage girls, and a lot of speculation on how long the vax is good for (girls get it around 10 or 11 years old). A lot of the original developers on the vax have spoken out against it.

As far as the LEEP and future pregnancy, the advice given was very good. Just keep on top of it with your OB or MW and have regular checks of your cervix.

February 18th, 2010, 02:07 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I have had HPV/dysplasia since early 2006. From 2006-2009 it went from ASCUS, to low grade, then back down to ASCUS. I've had biopsies performed a few times but nothing worrisome has come back so far. I'm pretty surprised it's hung on this long.

I was told it would clear out on its own after I delivered DS but that did not happen. My gyno at the time suggested LEEP because of how long I've dealt with this - but only if I didn't want more children. She said the chance of fertility being affected or cervical incompetence is small but she didn't think it was worth risking either if we weren't done. I will just continue with PAPs and colposcopies every 6 months until we do decide that we're finished, as long as it's monitored well there doesn't seem to be a reason in my case to have the procedure.

In regards to the immunization issue, even after going through this I still won't have my daughter (if we have one) vax'd for HPV until more studies are done.

I hope it goes well for you and that you heal quickly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search