What is your favorite pregnancy memory?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 18th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Husher's Avatar B & E complete me.
When I was pregnant with both boys my favorite memories are of lying in bed in the mornings and feeling them move around before my day started. I don't think I'll ever forget that feeling.

What are your favorite memories?

Huge thanks to Jaidynsmum for the beautiful sig!

February 18th, 2010, 08:36 AM
noworries
I think with Eva it was when DH felt her move for the first time. The look on his face was priceless. And with Eli it was lying in bed feeling him move every night before I would go to sleep.
February 18th, 2010, 09:30 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
With David it was all the anticipation that a first child brings. My favorite moments were thinking about what he would look like and feeling those first wonderful kicks. With Katelynn it was sharing the experience with my husband. He was deployed for the last 5 months of my pregnancy with David so it was nice to have him to share it with. I also loved her kicks and her rolls in my belly.

February 18th, 2010, 12:39 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mine was laying in my MIL's pool and brylie kicking like a lunatic....or when we were at an outdoor rodeo in the black hills in june EVERY time a horse neighed brylie would kick!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
February 18th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My favorite memory with ds#1 was taking walks with my dh after work every evening. I LOVED those times, I would just take in all the different floral smells and the scenery and we would just have the best conversations.

I know you guys think I'm crazy with the whole Hypnobabies thing, but my favorite thing to do with ds#2 was every night before bed I would listen to my scripts and I would feel the most awesome connection with my baby and so incredibly relaxed. I also loved my prenatal yoga and pilates and enjoying the daily raspberry tea. LOL I REALLY enjoyed that pregnancy!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

February 18th, 2010, 01:49 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
watching and feeling the baby move

February 18th, 2010, 05:08 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
This time around, it's been watching Walter learn to love his brother. He is only 2 and he completely gets it. When he talks about Sam, he says things that blow me away. He kisses my belly, talks about how he wants Sam to come out so he can kiss him and read to him and sing to him. Yesterday he said, "When Sam comes out, he's not gonna be able to walk. He's not gonna be able to talk. He's not gonna be able to eat." Everytime we tell him new things about babies, he retains it and seems to totally get it. It's incredible to me. And he has been so compassionate towards me in regards to our nursing relationship and how unpleasant it's been. The other day he assured me that my booboos would be all better soon when Sam comes out. He's just a love and I'm so excited for him to have a brother that he's been waiting for so long.
February 18th, 2010, 06:54 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I really thought everything was so darn cool and just totally freaky and amazing with Cadie. It's funny how much I dismissed the miracle of pregnancy until I experienced it myself. Then everything was a great big WOW.

This time it's a bit less exciting for sure. I do love feeling baby kicking. The other day when I was at my midwife appointment Cadie helped the assistant measure my belly and got to borrow the stethoscope and was putting it on my belly and stuff. Then today she took her toy one out and did the same. It was sweet.

I wish Cadie got it as much as Walter does. I got her some big sister books and stuff, and she is fascinated with the whole sister thing, but I don't think she understands that the big belly I have now is a baby.
February 18th, 2010, 08:23 PM
AshleyMarie's Avatar Proud Mommy of Two
Send a message via MSN to AshleyMarie
With Nicholas I just loved the fact that I was growing this perfect addition to our family and the anticipation of our first child.

With Serenity I loved showing/teaching Nicholas how things were going to change and preparing him to be a big brother.

February 18th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first is was that everything was so new and just amazing. With the second I thought I would never be able to have another one so I remember the positive test and just crying with gratitude. Everything with that pregnancy and birth I was just constantly grateful to be able to experience it again. With this one I have loved seeing my oldest be so excited about it and ask about the baby. I loved watching her jump up and down when I told her. Even now its like having a friend to share it with because she ooos and ahhs with me at the baby clothes. Its adorable and I am really enjoying it!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

February 18th, 2010, 09:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My were with Noelle would get the hiccups..

She would get them at least 3 times a day and sometimes more... I loved being able to feel her hiccuping inside me and then DH was able to feel her hiccuping from the outside... her hiccups were very strong and still are today... we woud joke about her being our little drunk because of how many times she would get the hiccups... lol
February 19th, 2010, 10:31 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I can't just pick one.

With both pregnancies I absolutely adored feeling them move around throughout the day, especially first thing in the morning and last thing before bed at night. I loved seeing DH's face as he talked to the babies through my belly and felt their kicks/rolls.

With DS2 it was great seeing how excited DS1 was once he saw my belly growing. Every day he asked to see my belly so he could "kiss baby brudder."

1 week PP I totally still miss my pregnant belly. I looked at a pic on my cellphone the other day and started crying. There is something so special about being pregnant. I love my two boys, but I really loved feeling them wiggle in my big ole round belly.

Oh and I absolutely loved my visits to the midwife. Something so homey and calming about the birth center (I had DS1 there so there's that connection). We'd just sit and chat and have fun. I'm going to be sad after my 6 week check-up. Going to have to find a way to keep in touch without getting pregnant again (at least, not right away).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search