Very discouraged.

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2010, 03:35 PM
szczepanski's Avatar nakmaster
I've been in early labor for about 16 hours now. I started with random contractions yesterday after having the lovely bloody show. I slept between them, 45 min, 25 min, 5 min, 1 hr, etc. It was beautiful. I woke up at 3 am like BAM, with contractions going about 8 minutes apart, 45 - 50 seconds in duration. They were strong but not intense. This is when I started the "I'm in early labor" clock.

Basically this went off an on all morning - went walking, sat on the birthing ball, had contractions consistently 10-15 minutes apart. And then about 11, they petered off. So I figured I would take a nap - I slept for about an hour, woke up to a whopper of a contraction and sat on the birthing ball trying to encourage some more good ones. Decided to go get some lunch with DH & my MIL, had some VERY intense contractions all during lunch about 5 minutes apart. YAY right? Until we got back home and they started to peter off again.

I can't seem to string together enough contractions to make me feel like anything is going on. I don't know if its because I have a high pain tolerance and I've been contracting so much today that it's just "normal" or what. But I've walked and walked and walked this afternoon and now I've gotten 3 contractions in the last hour. I feel like I'm going backwards and not forwards.

Any suggestions on what to do next? I'm feeling very defeated at this point...it's like my body is playing a cruel joke on me and if I weren't a few days overdue I'd just chalk it up to some really bad false labor but the constant menstrual cramping really makes me feel like this is the real thing, I just can't get over the hump to string together some good contractions. It is very discouraging.

March 8th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
Hang in there and relax!!! Sleep if you can, it sounds like it's close. Have you read my birth story here? It sounds very similar. I had bloody show, contrax on August 4 that came and went. Same thing on August 5, but more intense. It didn't really get going until August 6th around midnight and my little man was born at 6:15am on August 6th. It'll be okay, please try not to feel discouraged. While this labor may not be progressing as quickly as you like, it is doing something. Try to let it. ((((hugs))))

March 8th, 2010, 03:54 PM
niknok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to niknok
You are getting close Heather!!! Every single contraction is one step closer to meeting Nolan! No doubt that early labor sucks a big one. I hope it picks up for you soon!

Come visit my blog!
March 8th, 2010, 04:00 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
I walked up and down stairs endlessly, seemed to help move things along best I could. You could also do some squats and keep sitting on the birthing ball. Eat and rest as much as you can for the big show. you are getting close! You can do it!!! I remember after I had been in labor for about 14 hours after my water broke, a woman came into the birth center, screamed for an hour and had her baby. I felt so defeated and like the baby would never come, but they don't stay in there forever

March 8th, 2010, 04:31 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
have some sex ...or just some orgasms

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
March 8th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You are getting so close! I would walk around as much as possible to try to get things moving a bit more. Baby will be here soon!

March 8th, 2010, 06:03 PM
~ Christine ~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man! You're so close! I'd try to get some sleep because inevitably, they'll start again. Try to hang in there!!

Forever missing our angel 8.31.07

March 8th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Sounds EXACTLY like my labor with Kya. All of that off/on stuff stopped around 6pm and 2am that night labor started for real. I spent hours on my birth ball just rocking/rotating and then went to bed early.

You'll probably start active labor in the next 24 hours or so I'd guess. Be sure you have everything ready and GET SOME SLEEP!!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

March 8th, 2010, 06:56 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
From the sound of her Facebook status, things are picking up now and she's on her way to have Nolan. Wishing you the best, lady!
March 8th, 2010, 07:15 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
hang in there and good luck! Someone keep us posted, I guess Kristen that can be you!
March 8th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, good luck!

March 8th, 2010, 07:38 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Good luck!!

March 8th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It sounds like you do what I do which is called prodromal labor. I labor for about 2-3 weeks before I actually go into the REAL labor. Its the bodies way of preparing itself and getting everything going. Some women go from 0-10 in 10 hours of labor and others start and stop, start and stop like I do. But it is really great in the end because when it is really time, there is NO stopping them and I am already hitting a 6 by the time I reach the hospital. Keep doing what you're doing. Take baths, have sex, eat, walk. You are doing GREAT! They will come!!

Edit: Read the update! Awesome that he will be here soon!

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

March 8th, 2010, 08:34 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I was going to suggest sex too

good luck, I hope things are going more quickly now!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

March 8th, 2010, 08:47 PM
kristen anymore updates

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
March 8th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Heather I hope you don't mind me updating, since they asked!

3cm, 80% effaced,-2 and contracting every couple minutes. Seeming very discouraged with that after all the early labor.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Last edited by bostoncreampie; March 8th, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
March 8th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Hang in there Heather!! 80% effaced is great! You won't have anything left but dilating soon! Ask for a breast pump!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
March 8th, 2010, 09:22 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you're doing well Heather! I'm thinking about you and baby Nolan and sending you ELVs! YOU CAN DO THIS!

March 8th, 2010, 09:35 PM
4.5 cm 90% effaced -1, contraction ontop of contraction. I'm going to bed, hope to have baby news for you in the morning!
March 8th, 2010, 09:38 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
well at least her contractions are picking up! sounds like she'll dilate quickly!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search