Facebook

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2010, 06:12 PM
danischmell's Avatar Regular
In another board I go to we have a thread called 'facebook' where we post things we wish we could post there but won't.... Like 'my sil is a crazy person' lol or the like. Today I wish I could say this on fb but will settle for posting it here

"Danielle doesn't understand why fighting for the rights of some women means I*am attacking others. If I said I was against unneccessary root canals would everyone who ever had dental work assume I thought they should just let their teeth rot?? The main word in that phrase is UNNECESSARY. And really I'm just fighting for education and informed consent. I do not judge your choices. I fight for those whose choices have been taken away."

FYI: I posted a link to an article supporting vbacs and caught all sort of grief about how I need to give c section moms some slack and be more sensitive.

Ugh! Anyway. You guys ever made the mistake of posting something innocent and had it taken wrong??and feel free to post what you wish you could say on fb.

March 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Right...but I have to swear Cheryl to secrecy first...

Here goes:
Kathie wishes her good friend Erin would STOP telling her about how her Mom knows everything there is to know about childbirth cause she's an L&D nurse. No, I won't need an epidural, NO I won't need a vaccuum, or foreceps, or any other intervention. Your birth will not be my birth. And you shouldn't have stopped breastfeeding just cause your doctor thought your baby wasn't gaining enough.

Man, that feels GOOD!

March 9th, 2010, 07:42 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
So I decided to stop the drama I started on a friends FB page when I stuck up for a woman who was BFing her 2 yo. Mostly I was irritated that no one would think twice if she'd handed the kid a bottle, but my FB friend was ripping on her for BFing. It wasn't really meant to turn into a "how old is too old to BF" debate. But when someone (a guy, and unmarried with no kids ) decided to say that he had 3 SILs and had read all (I have a hard time believing that) the material and that kids should not be BFed past a year because there is no benefit and at that point it's "just for the mom":

Actually the WHO recommends BFing until 2, and there is a lot of evidence that that BM DOES do good things for the kids after age one. Mothers' milk changes based on their child's ages and needs. There is even a difference between a full-term baby's mother's milk and a preemie baby's mother's milk. You did NOT, in fact, read ALL the material out there, or you would have this information. Even formula makers are starting to catch on to this phenomenon, which is why they have now come out with Toddler formulas, specifically designed for older children. Because even if you choose to formula feed, a child's needs at age 2 mos is not the same as their needs at 14 mos. Why would you give them the same formula? A mother's body adjusts on it's own. If you are willing to give your child PediaSure to fill in nutritional gaps, you should have no problem with a mom giving her child the free version to fill in nutritional gaps. To each their own feeding method, but before you spout off, have your facts straight! (And in his case, maybe he should have a kid!) I'd like to see him try and tell his someday wife how to use her boobs!

March 9th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Go PixieQueen!

March 9th, 2010, 08:01 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Yeah, thanks, I've been chewing on that one for about a week! I think it's bugged me even more because I was trying to be the bigger person and walk away (since it had segued into a BF debate instead of a respect-other-parents'-choices debate) and having known this guy since elementary school, I'm pretty sure my non-response means to him that he 'won'.

March 9th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My FB response to a status would be:

"Don't get a c-section just because your doctor says it will be easier on you!! Please try regular birth first."

Mommy to 6 year old Emily and 3 year old Lindsey!

March 10th, 2010, 06:52 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
well Kathie, she is planning a visit down here in April, I just don't think she will say any of those things with me. She did ask me the other day if I was having prenatal care to make sure baby was growing well and all that. I try not to take offense because I know a lot of people don't understand how homebirth stuff works.

I feel bad that she gives you crap! Did you have an epidural with Mia?
March 10th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Cheryl,

Yup, I was bullied pretty good with Mia, one of the main reasons I'm going to be so much better prepared this time. I didn't know enough and when it started I wasn't strong enough to fight with the dr's and nurses. I had them shut it off at the end though, and I also yelled at them to stop hollering at me to push! Like it was a some kind of olympic sport or something! It's going to be much better this time, I just hope Steeve helps with the fighting this time, as I know it's going to be the same battle at the hospital...sigh.

I love Erin, tons and tons, but I just don't want to hear any negativity right now. And this week, she was saying how she still had milk and she wishes so much she could still be nursing caused she loved it so much and I just shut my mouth....No reason in the world she can't still be nursing, or start again. Talya'a only 4 months old. Anyway, we agree to disagree I guess. And you're right, she won't say anything to you cause you're so much more vocal about your choices.

March 10th, 2010, 12:36 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
About my brother and sister in law:

"Tishauna wishes certain family members would learn how to Google. It's definitely NOT OKAY that you're turning your son around in his carseat the week before he turns one year old. I thought you had learned something when I showed you that the thrift store carseat you had bought was expired, or when I told you that the ancient crib you got from someone you barely knew had been recalled. But no, you continue to do things that make me want to smack you both, this time because "his legs look smooshed". I told our mom yesterday that she really doesn't need to turn the seat in her car around either just because you said it was okay but I'm really starting to wonder if our family lacks the common sense gene."

Ok, I also feel better now. These two never research any of their decisions and are so cheap when it comes to any "big" purchases for their son - but always make sure he's wearing Nikes and name brand clothes. They drive me nuts!

March 10th, 2010, 01:49 PM
lilflower
My status would be:

"thinks her friend is an idiot for listening to her stupid cocky OB when he told her that because she has juvenile diabetes she needs a c-section. I'm sorry but since when does diabetes mean you NEED a c-section? And why the heck isn't her DR/OB worried about the fact that she IS DIABETIC?!!! She can't heal properly!"

Seriously....we got our navels pierced and it took her 14 months to stop oozing out of it...she got a tattoo and it took like 4 months to stop scaling and peeling. Why does her DR think she can recover from a c-section? I'm sure she can, but if the baby isn't stuck or in danger there is no need at all to do that to her.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search