Found this interesting... (GBS related)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2010, 09:49 PM
frugality=reality
Quote:
Vaginal Wash for Elimination of GBS Infection - From Jenny West, CM Albuquerque Homebirth - Waterbirth - Herbal Teas "Use one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to four parts water. (Hydrogen Peroxide kills Step B on contact, however, NEVER treat with undiluted HP – too strong!) Douche or irrigate once a day, every day, for 3 days. Also clean labia w/ solutio...n twice daily for all three days. Then make sure to do this again the morning of your test. This is low pressure vaginal wash, you will need an enema bag or douching bag-sold a drug stores. I suggest you lay in the bath tub--semi-reclining, insert holding the bag only as high as your arm is long, release the metal clip and you should feel the fluid start coming out. If not slide the vaginal insert out a little bit just until some air can enter one of those little holes to release the flow, until you feel fluid flowing. Insert gently, "banging into things and probing" is unnecessary. Relax and 'visualize' anything your body does not need flowing out with the solution."

I joined this group on FB: Natural Childbirth | Facebook

And that was posted on their page.
March 11th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
Hibiclens prep solution (watered down) in a peri bottle. Protocol for GBS colonization in Europe.

March 11th, 2010, 10:07 PM
frugality=reality
How do you buy that, or is it something that is provided by your health care provider? I'm going to do this cleanse before I give birth. Beats the heck out of getting the antibiotics (or not getting it on time and then having complications. I didn't have complications with my last and I had him too fast to get the antibiotics, but it was scary considering the possibility).
March 11th, 2010, 10:14 PM
frugality=reality
I found some info online. It's over the counter in most places, but here it's a prescription only thing. Figures.
March 11th, 2010, 11:08 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
I declined the test, then used the Hibiclens during labor, just in case. But my midwife gave me the option. I know not all do.

March 11th, 2010, 11:52 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i got my hibeclens at wal mart - i had to wash my knee with it the morning of my knee surgery in January. I"m definitely using it for my next birth as an antibiotic alternative!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
March 12th, 2010, 07:37 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I've got all kinds o great info on GBS posted in the suborum if you want to read more
March 12th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My midwife offered Hibiclens as an alternative if I tested postive for GBS. I ended up being negative, so I was glad I did the test and was able to avoid treating for it at all.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!

March 12th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I tested negative both with Lily and with this pregnancy. But my midwives do the Hibiclens protocol if you are positive and don't want the antibiotics.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search