Start hypnobabies tomorrow!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I haven't been over here much, but now that we are getting close to the end ... you won't be able to get rid of me, lol! We start our hypnobabies class tomorrow morning and I am so excited! I have been so disappointed that we don't have a birthing center around here to birth in the water, but am very happy that we will be able to actually do the hypnobabies course. The instructor is going to drive to our home every Sat b/c she couldn't hold it in her home with kids running around. So, we get to enjoy it in the comfort of our home for the next six weeks!

Cross your fingers that my DH is supportive as he is still sort of skeptical that this will work and that I am serious about doing it natural. With my DD, I went in clueless to everything and screamed murder until 8cm ... which scared him. I am sure that is all he remembers and that is why he wants me to do the epi! I can do this though .. it is what my body is made for! Wish me luck!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
March 12th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Veteran
Good luck!

Let us know how it goes. I'm thinking about doing the hypnobabies self-study course. My husband is also skeptical, though he was more convinced after I showed him some scientific reviews that showed that women using hypnosis techniques for childbirth had lower rates of epidurals and were more satisfied with their pain control than women not using the techniques. Here is the Cochrane database review: Complementary and alternative therapies for pain m... [Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006] - PubMed result. The Cochrane reviews of medical studies are very well done - they go through all the studies they can find on a topic and decide which ones are valid enough to consider in their reviews, so the really crappy studies usually get weeded out.
I hope hypnobabies works for you. Good luck!
March 12th, 2010, 08:04 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Enjoy it! We did the home study and both my DH and I loved it.

March 13th, 2010, 04:38 AM
Mega Super Mommy
THank-you both so much! THank-you for the link, I will show that to my husband!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search