Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Hollybear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Last edited by Hollybear; December 30th, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
April 27th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Holly I am sorry! I honestly don't know what I would do. It is nice that she informed you what could happen, but ultimately it is still your decision.
I hope some of the other girls can give you some better answers or advice!
April 27th, 2010, 04:29 PM
I have hemorrhoids too but you can see mine. They get so painful i try to look in the rectal area and it just look red. Have you gotten a your rectum checked like when they stick their finger up there? im terrified of thaaat! I been using the Tucks pad or witch hazel cloths. I hate them with a passion! I try to avoid tem but there is no getting around those things !!

Cant, i meant you cant see mine , i didnt know they grew to a certain size i just thought they were swollen veins !
April 27th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Yeah, this is an external one. Apparently they have like a classification system too, lol
I have never had any problems with this before, like I really didn't even know that's what it WAS.

This past week I have been using tucks pads, Prep H wipes everytime I am at the toilet, sitz bath w/ epsom salt, hydrocortizone cream, Prep H cooling gel. I even got new "breathable" panties....and I think it has gone down A LOT since last week, so I am hoping with the prescription suppositories that everything will be okay and the "worst case scenarios" can be avoided.

Also, the gastro office called and I see him at 10:00am on Thursday morning. I'm interested in what he'll say about it, since he probably sees this quite a bit!
April 27th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holly I hope your appointment goes good.
And if he does decide to check your rectum remember to relax! If you tense it makes it much much worse.
April 27th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I can see the concern since minor ones can still bleed quite heavily and you'll be putting a lot of pressure on them during delivery. I'd see what the gastro says and go from there. Definitely KUP!

April 27th, 2010, 05:12 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
try making a garlic paste that you can apply- mince some garlic and cook it very lightly in olive oil, just to make it a bit soft. Don't let it burn or anything. Put it in a bowl and make sure it's covered with extra oil or it will dry out.

You can apply it every night before you go to bed. Obviously you need to use a pantyliner or something. It will take a few weeks but if you are dilgent it will go down. It might not go away totally because of hormones during pregnant. I recently did this and it helped.
April 27th, 2010, 06:39 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! Oh I'm so sorry you're dealing with this... hemmorhoids SUCK and that sounds particularly bad! I just wanted to second the pregnancy support belt thing... taking some pressure off should help things a bit. Please keep us updated on what happens on Thursday. I really don't have any advice, but I feel for you.

April 27th, 2010, 06:50 PM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I got one big one (like small grape size) with DD. They even did an episiotomy that ran very close to it and I didn't have anything more than a couple stitches. I would definitely keep an open mind and just try to keep up the remedies that may shrink it a little!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
April 27th, 2010, 07:11 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
so what is the reason she gave for suggesting an epi vs no epi in this instance? I'm finding it hard to understand that one.
April 27th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
try making a garlic paste that you can apply- mince some garlic and cook it very lightly in olive oil, just to make it a bit soft. Don't let it burn or anything. Put it in a bowl and make sure it's covered with extra oil or it will dry out.

You can apply it every night before you go to bed. Obviously you need to use a pantyliner or something. It will take a few weeks but if you are dilgent it will go down. It might not go away totally because of hormones during pregnant. I recently did this and it helped.
I have done this and the skinless potato remedy! I really think the "natural" things we have tried are what has helped me so much over the past couple of days.

It's not even painful anymore so I'm hoping the Gastro will say "oh this is just excess and it will go down now"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
so what is the reason she gave for suggesting an epi vs no epi in this instance? I'm finding it hard to understand that one.
To let the baby come down on it's own.
This was the same thing the OB talked about (when we consulted with him) if my BP got too high to manage with my Brain AVM/cranial pressure

They claimed that your body would take over at a certain point? I have never heard of this personally, but apparently it is something they are doing in Europe???
April 27th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara~b View Post
I got one big one (like small grape size) with DD. They even did an episiotomy that ran very close to it and I didn't have anything more than a couple stitches. I would definitely keep an open mind and just try to keep up the remedies that may shrink it a little!
Oh I am! Mine was probably about the size of two large prunes---in width. (Yes I got a mirror out, lol)
April 27th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Okay, I have dealt with severe Hemorrhoids and it SUCKS!! Had them bad with my first, HORRIFIC with my second and went proactive with my third and had none.

My second, they got bad during the pregnancy but I didn't do much to keep it in check. After the birth they were so bad I couldn't sleep for 2 days from the pain and couldn't sit for over a week (and I had no tearing from the birth, so it wasn't that). It was seriously bad.

With Kya, one of my biggest fears was a recurrence of that. My midwife suggested after every bowel movement to press gently inward. That and immediately using prep-H if they started to protrude or hurt and I had almost no problems during the pregnancy and nothing after the birth.

That said, I've never heard of it as a cause for a c/s, but I can sorta see the concern... I would think if you avoid squatting or being flat on your back for delivery would minimize the concern for tearing and/or causing them to worsen.

since we're going with food comparisons, after Nola was born it felt like I had 4 fat baby carrots sticking out of my butt

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

August 6th, 2012, 08:44 PM
It must be difficult to deal with hemorrhoids while you are pregnant. The best thing that you can do is eat high fiber foods and drink plenty of water.
August 7th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I have bad hemorrhoids and nobody has said to me that I can't have a natural birth (yet). And I was examined down there at 20wk due to a suspected leakage of waters.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search