Birthing Centers.....how many people will be/were there?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2010, 10:21 AM
pinkprincess10's Avatar Veteran
How many people will/did you have at the birth? A lot of people think I'm crazy for wanting everyone there.....at least 8 people. WDYT??
August 20th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
with Courtney I had my mom, DH, and my midwife (plus all the hospital nurses)

with Nola I had my mom, DH, midwife, and Courtney - then my sister's came in right afterwards (birth center)

with Kya - Dh, my mom, midwife, courtney, nola, and both my sisters

Next birth I think I'll actually have less family members and more supportive friends.

I don't think 8 is crazy. It's all about personal preference and comfort level!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

August 20th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With Hudson I had my husband, mother and bother (who video taped the whole thing with his hands over his eyes), the OB, and various nurses.

This time: Husband, Doula, Midwife, Mother, Brother (again with his eyes covered)-- and I expect my other brother, step-father and son will be in the house, I just do not know if they will be in the room for the actual delievery.

August 20th, 2010, 11:24 AM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm only having my husband because that is what I think would make me feel the most comfortable. I think that if you want eight people there than you should do it!

August 20th, 2010, 11:31 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I was the opposite, I didn't want anyone there but my Dh and my kids. If anyone remembers I was soo upset that my mom decided to come out before I had the baby, I wanted her to wait but she refused! It worked out for the best though, she got her about an hour after he was born!
Anyway, with my 1st it was my DH and my dad ( that was weird) like 3 nurses and the doctor, then right when he was born the room filled up with people! I was livid. My brother showed up with his g/f who I didn't know and her friends and I was like - WTH seriously?! I woke up from a little "snooze" after he was born (I basically passed out from being beyond exhausted) and the 1st thing I seen was my brothers g/f holding my brand new baby that I hadn't even held in the rocking chair... I didn't even KNOW this woman, I was so so soooo mad - DH was too, he didn't know it happened until he got back , he had left to get me real food because the cafeteria was closed! Anyway, that's another story. With Jayden I just had my DH and my dad showed up after he was born and a bunch of nurses and the doctor. Then with Hunter it was perfect - my DH, my 2 boys and my 2 midwives!

Facebook
August 20th, 2010, 12:58 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I did NOT want people around, I threw people out of my house lol!

With my homebirth I had DH, my mom and 2 midwives here. The assisting midwife didn't com until I was in transition, so I went through most of my labor with just 3 people. Early in labor it was them plus my dad, FIL and his girlfriend, plus all my kiddos. The boys left when FIL, gf and my dad left, and Claire stayed here and went to bed about an hour and a half before baby was born.

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

August 20th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Lala78's Avatar Super Mommy
I'll be at a free standing birth center. My DH and hopefully my mom (she lives 5 hr drive away) and the Midwife and whoever she brings. I wouldn't want anyone else there. Plus, no one else lives anywhere near where we are delivering, so no chances of people dropping in!

[url=http://lilypie.com]
August 20th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily was a NCB at the hospital and I had DH, my best friend, and one of my SILs there. Plus, the nurses and CNM that delivered her.

Violet was a home birth and I had DH and 2 midwives in the room when I delivered. Lily, my best friend, and my stepdad were all downstairs. Lily was supposed to be with us when I delivered but she was getting scared, so we had her taken downstairs.

August 20th, 2010, 04:24 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
at the birth center, i just had my husband, a midwife, and a midwife assistant. i would not have wanted more people.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search