My Confession...

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have such bad baby and pregnancy fever that its killing me!!!

I can't believe how quickly Noelle is growing up and I totally, wholeheartedly, miss and enjoyed the newborn phase... its so sad how quickly they do grow...

Plus I have been wanting to start buying things for my next baby such as stuff for homebirth and I really want to buy Hypnobabies course... lol

When does this feeling go away!?
August 20th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
umm... when you get pregnant LOL It's been hitting me pretty hard lately too.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

August 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had such an easy pregnancy that I actually enjoyed being pregnant...

I can't see myself stopping at just 1-2 babies either!!! O and the other thing is I totally dig breastfeeding/pumping... I think I truly am a lactivist!

I think I seriously found my drug.. lol the high of labor..
August 20th, 2010, 07:10 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
when do you plan on TTC again?
August 20th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Well not for another 1.5 years roughly... I am supposedly getting into my nursing clinicals this January and I wont graduate until April 2012... BOO-HISS...

DH joked and said my graduation gift from him will be a BFP... Then I told him once I get my RN we will have babies like crazy... lol
August 20th, 2010, 11:57 PM
yeah, I've enjoyed all 3 of my pregnancies and labor/deliveries. Can't wait to do it again!

I hope the time passes quickly for you!!

August 21st, 2010, 04:46 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicBaby21 View Post
When does this feeling go away!?
^ It doesn't At least not for me. I am always ready to TTC again as soon as the baby turns 5 or 6 months old. Fortunately I don't get pregnant easily, so I always get a little more time between children than I really want to, lol.

Sara's beautiful children: Cassidy (5y) and Joel (3y 4m) and Timothy (almost 8 months)
Yes, I know I need a new picture .

August 21st, 2010, 06:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think I enjoyed the TTC portion of it... the suspense and POAS... lol

I need to figure out something to preoccupy my desires... I am taking a photography class next month lol
August 21st, 2010, 07:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I think the baby bug hit me pretty hard when Ethan was about 8 months old. It didn't help that a good friend of mine (her daughter is 1 month older than Ethan) got pregnant around that time, too.

I think even if I get the bug this time, I'm going to have to resist. Logically, I know that we should stop at 2 kiddos & I think poor Mike would have a heart attack if I ever mentioned getting preggo again.
August 21st, 2010, 08:55 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Ummm, Ash is 2 weeks and I'm ready to do it again! I hope that fades soon!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
August 21st, 2010, 11:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Sara the bug has been getting worse since the moment Noelle was born... the second thing out of my mouth was to do it again! Lol...

When do you know that you're ready to stop having kids or You know your family is complete?
August 21st, 2010, 01:18 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
So I've been told. Maybe when you stop saying "When we have another..." and it becomes "If we have another.."? I realized awhile ago that I always say "when" and not "if", even though DH said only 2. I told him the other day that I need another one. But first I need to drop 100 lbs.....

August 21st, 2010, 03:24 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I don't think it ever goes away. Well no, it can. We had decided that Hunter was our last and I had finally got a point where I was happy with that. THEN my husband had to decide that he wanted another - he got the baby fever this time. Of course it didn't take long until I had it. Now we're both all stupid in the head and TTC again lol. It kind of sucks though because I know we won't get pregnant anytime soon. It usually takes us YEARS to get pregnant, but this time we're going to seek out treatment much much sooner so hopefully it won't take more than a year.

Facebook
August 21st, 2010, 04:50 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am totally right there with ya! A week after I had Liam I had the baby bug again! It faded for a while (those months where he was a crankpot and would not sleep!!), but it came back in FULL force about the 6-7 month point. We got pregnant right away (in May) and had a miscarriage (end of July)...and that made it worse! Lol. So now my poor (well, maybe not) hubby is being abused about getting pregnant again. He wants another now too, so we just have to "make things work"

I think most people say they "just know" when they have had their last child. They feel done. They don't want any more. Some people have that feeling at 2. Some at 10 I think I will be in the latter group!!

Super big thanks to Jaidynsmum for my cool siggy!
August 21st, 2010, 05:35 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicBaby21 View Post
Sara the bug has been getting worse since the moment Noelle was born... the second thing out of my mouth was to do it again! Lol...

When do you know that you're ready to stop having kids or You know your family is complete?

I am wondering the same thing. I have heard you just get this feeling. I have in my head that I want 3 or 4 children. I am hoping that one day I feel complete and not want anymore. I am hoping that getting into the field I am getting into, that I will be able to live vicariously through them.

Thank you Claire1979 for my beautiful siggy!!!
Click HERE to see my belly pics!

August 21st, 2010, 07:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
I am wondering the same thing. I have heard you just get this feeling. I have in my head that I want 3 or 4 children. I am hoping that one day I feel complete and not want anymore. I am hoping that getting into the field I am getting into, that I will be able to live vicariously through them.
What field you going into? Im going into obstetrics and I'm afraid its going to make it worse lol
August 21st, 2010, 07:42 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
I've had it since I had Henry. I love being pregnant and giving birth. I look forward to doing it all over again.

I know we should wait because I need/want to lose a lot of weight first and devote time to Henry and allow him that baby period. With the possibility that DH will deploy again the beginning of next year for 12 months it makes sense to just wait. If he doesn't deploy then I wouldn't mind TTC next spring, which hopefully I will have lost most or all of the weight I need to.

Pax, Aeon

August 21st, 2010, 11:08 PM
yeah, I've always heard you just feel done. I definitely don't feel done. Some women just go by gut feeling, some go by logistics.

August 22nd, 2010, 10:25 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiff802 View Post
I'm hoping the same! I can't imagine deciding I am done having babies. How can you say no more cute little faces? So I'm there with you hoping the PP Doula will keep my baby fever at bay, then eventually being a midwife!

But I do have one concern about having another baby. My last birth, a home birth, was absolutely perfect. I am scared that the next one won't be so perfect and I will have a bitter taste in my mouth. Versus I can be "done" now and have a wonderful last memory... KWIM?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
August 22nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Same here. I need to get a hobby. LOL!

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search