I'm scared you won't like me anymore,but I know it's silly.

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2010, 10:17 PM
missmich
If I don't have a NCB even though I'm in this board and that's what I really want. I'm just really freaked out about the pain and maybe I won't be able to get through it and I'll be screaming fro drugs the moment I arrive at the hospital. I know it's silly though to be scared that you'll kick me out or something or won't like me if things change and I choose the meds. I'm going in with the plan of a NCB and will go as long as I can without the meds and interventions but I've told myself it's ok if I have to ask for the meds. I think I'm just being very silly about a lot of little things right now.... like last week it was how to fold the baby clothes the right way and I know that there is no right or wrong way to fold them.
August 23rd, 2010, 10:43 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
aww *Hugs* I know that I know for a fact what is right for one person may not be right for another. I try not to judge as there are many sides to an issue or situation. I have my siggy as what it is to remind myself not to get judgmental. What I feel is the best for myself and baby may not be right for you. What matters is that YOU are comfortable with your decisions.

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
August 24th, 2010, 06:07 AM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) No matter what, we are still here for you and you will always be welcome here. I will say, though, that if you go into knowing it'll be alright to get the epidural, chances are, you will get the epidural. Half the battle is mental! (((HUGS))) You can do it! Our bodies were made for it!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

August 24th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Crafty Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't get my natural birth last time. I'd been posting regularly on this board, and then once I had the baby, I just stopped checking in here. It just wasn't where my mind was. I was more interested in reading about newborns and infants and all the wonders that come with being a parent. I completely put the labor side of it behind me, reading about that just didn't really seem to be an interest for me anymore. I don't think it would have been any different if I HAD gotten the birth I wanted. I still would have strayed from this board and concentrated on other things. You might find that it's the same with you. Although I know what you mean. It's kind of weird hanging around here, preaching about NCB when you yourself chose to get the epidural. Sometimes I feel like a hypocrite. It's like preaching about the dangers of drunk driving, then getting wasted and choosing to drive because you just need to get somewhere, lol. Okay, maybe that's not the best analogy, but sometimes that's how I feel. Either way, these ladies are very accepting, and I've never felt outcasted for not getting the natural, intervention free birth I wanted and worked for.

Thank you, AlexAiden Mommy for my awesome siggy!

August 24th, 2010, 08:58 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I felt the same way as you the last few weeks of my pregnancy. I was afraid I would be kicked out of the NCB board! Although I kept telling myself that I did not have the option for an epidural. I knew I could do it without, and knew I would be disappointed in myself if I got the epidural. You know you can do it too! Just be strong and you will get through it.
August 24th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Actually, this board is what kept me going once I hit transition. I thought about having to come back here and telling everyone I couldn't do it and I didn't want that to happen, so I stayed strong. Did I ask for the drugs? Sure, but I knew I wouldn't take them. And after the nurse offered me Nubain and I said no, she never offered pain meds again and she was an awesome support to me. I'd just tell the nurses when you go in not to offer you anything at all, and if you ask for it, tell them to remind you that you wanted a NCB. It helped me. And knowing that I'd have to come back here and share my birth story, whatever the outcome, kept me strong. Just remember that you CAN do this! Your body is meant for it.

August 24th, 2010, 12:09 PM
missmich
Oh I really want to avoid the epi as much as possible! I've been told the pros and cons and the cons for me outweigh the pros. An epi means you have all this garbage hooked up to you and you can't really move as much as you'd like. I know I'm going to need to move around and be comfortable.

I'm taking the gas though. It's a mix of oxygen and nitros oxcide I think. My doula and I will tell the nurses not to keep offering the pain meds and epi and that I'll ask for it when I need it and that if they do offer I want a minute alone with my doula to discuss it.

I think I'm just being silly about a lot of little things right now as well. I'm thinking it's a normal part of pregnancy though,especially towards the end.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search