I usually lurk here: but saying hello!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2010, 01:22 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Hi everyone! I usually lurk here but have been wanting to respond to some posts lately so thought I'd say hello before I jump in!

My name is Heather, I am due Jan 6th with baby #6. I had a c-section for my 1st baby and the rest have all been sucessful VBAC's, though only 1 of them was all natural (my biggest baby and my sunny side up baby oddly enough!!). His birth was the best and the most memorable experience for me so I am desperate to do that again! I have a midwife this time (instead of my OB who likes to push the Pitocin), I have hired a doula, and my epidural-encouraging mother will NOT be attending this birth, so I have set myself up well so far. I am planning a water birth. Now I just need to figure out what class to take. Obviously, I know the stages of labor and delivery well by now, and I know what contractions feel like, but I need to find a class that will teach good techniques for dealing with the pain, and coaching for my husband. Any suggestions? I looked into Bradley, but not sure if it is what I am looking for? They also offer a class at my midwifes practice that is exclusive to her practice, and a hypnosis one at the hospital I am delivering. Any suggestions?
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
August 24th, 2010, 01:26 PM
Crafty Mama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Personally I'd recommend the Hypnobabies. And that's awesome that your hospital offers a hypnosis class! At my hospital they weren't very familiar with the Hypnobabies, and I don't think that helped at all. I don't know what the hospital hypnosis class would be like, but I've heard that the Hypnobabies is very in depth compared to some other classes. It's nice to have it all laid out in front of you. It's something that you work on every day, and you get everything you need with the course book. I think it helps that you have a schedule laid out to stick to. Most other hospital based classes are a once or twice thing, it's not a weekly or daily thing. Good luck choosing.

Thank you, AlexAiden Mommy for my awesome siggy!

August 24th, 2010, 02:54 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My name is Bethany and I'm one of the co-hosts here!

Bradley is definitely a good natural choice! It happens to be my preference, but I know a lot of people like Hypnobabies as well. I think the biggest thing is to pick something and stick to it. I find that the people who "go with the flow" end up not achieving their NCB. I'd be interested in the hospital hypnosis class. I wonder if it stacks up to Hypnobabies? As Katy mentioned HB is the best of the Hypno classes.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
August 24th, 2010, 06:31 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Welcome! I'm Courtney, mommy to Liliana (Lily) and Abrielle (Abri). Abri was my NCB. I wish I had suggestions on a class to take, but I didn't take any. I have heard great things about Bradley and Hypnobabies though.
August 24th, 2010, 07:36 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
welcome and thanks for joining us! I'm Cheryl, co-host here and mommy to Acadia ( 2 1/2) and Vivian (2 1/2 months). I took a holistic general class the first time and did the hypnobabies home study the second.

do you know if it is hypnobirthing or hypnobabies at the hospital?
August 24th, 2010, 09:09 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

just wanted to welcome you. we are in the same DDC!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
August 25th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Super Mommy

i am doing hypnobabies and i love it. there is a smaller book that came with it for birth partners. i had my husband go over it and he really seemed to enjoy it as well.

August 25th, 2010, 01:51 PM
HeatherLyn429's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to HeatherLyn429
Thanks for the welcome, and HI!! to the ladies I see that are in my DDC!

The hospital class does not say hypnobabies. I says it is a 3 week class called "Self Hypnosis for pregnancy, birth and beyond". I talked to my Doula yesterday and she was going to look into it for me as well as get me some information on other local non-hospital classes that may be offered. She herself is a hypnobabies fan. She is coming for a visit tomorrow night so hopefully she'll have some information for me then
and introducing my new baby princess Penelope Kate born 3/18/14 5:35am 9lbs 5oz 22"
August 25th, 2010, 06:52 PM
missmich
Welcome! I'm so glad you have doula! This is my first baby and I knew I wanted a a doula to help and support me.
August 26th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Super Mommy
Glad to see you here! I loved our Bradley classes... I like that my husband was so involved and could stick up for me when I was worn out!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search