hello!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2010, 02:17 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
I'm Aimee, due in October with my second child. I would really like to try for a natural child birth this time around. I am probably starting a little late in the preparation part of it all (research, etc) but better late than never I suppose. I have been psyching myself up though, that's a big part of it right!? I am hoping to steal your resources and stories to help me hopefully be successful I am also going to be asking my doctor loooots of questions at my next appt (wednesday the 1st) so do you have any suggestions on good things to talk to the doctor about at my appt? I don't have much choice other than to give birth at a hospital, we have Kaiser for our insurance (if you have heard of it) and it is pretty limited as far as options. What can I do to help ensure a good experience with this in the hospital that you know of? My husband is supportive of whatever I want to do in this regard so hopefully I can help prepare him to facilitate my wishes. Thanks so much
August 27th, 2010, 08:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi Amiee, I am in your DDC. Welcome. Some things I would talk to my Dr about are: (1)when they really want me to go to the hospital (with NCB often the longer you can stay at home, the better, (2) Freedom of movement during labor and delievery (often lying on your back the way they set you up in most hospitals is more painful than being able to move around an do what is comfortable) (3) Monitoring (whether you can do intermintant or minimal monitoring so again you are not stuck on your back in bed) (4) Requirements regarding IVs (again due to movement and comfort issues if you can avoid an IV or at least negotiate just a heplock instead) (5) limitations on eating, etc...once you are in the hospital. Based on my experience, with a hospital NBC I thought it was very helpful to have a written birth plan addressing these issues and stressing my intent to have a NCB that my Dr. had signed (we also had our peditrician sign it because it delt with after care of the baby) to give to the hospital staff who was attending to me.

August 27th, 2010, 10:24 AM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
Thanks so much for your response! I see quite a few people here from our DDC actually Kind of cool. My mom had all four of us naturally and gave me some good advice and my sister I think I will ask to be my doula again, she what she has to suggest too. Just want to make sure I cover as much as I can especially as I am starting to get the figured out a bit late. It's nice to get input from lots of people I think so you are more likely to cover more ground. Lots of those things would never even occur to me lol Unfortunately with the doctor signing a birth plan I have no idea who will be my doctor when I deliver, you just kind of get whoever is there at the time for delivering. If they are even in the room when the time comes. My son was delivered by a nurse, she was the only one in the room when he came out other than my mom, sister and husband... *sigh*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search