How did you ride your contractions?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
What did you think of during your contractions?

With Kailey I don't remember, I was in labor land full force. I was completely dilated, got to the hospital, got nervous and started closing my cervix so my uterus went double time to open it back up and it was just hellacious. Labor land saved my life. Next up... homebirth.

With Nola, I was in the living room in my birthing pool. I watched the vegas movie w/ ashton kutcher and cameron diaz and then some jeff dunham (you know laughing makes your cervix open, that whole thing) and when I hit transition I envisioned (and didn't plan on this) that I was in a large sunny meadow and that there were invisible water waves carrying me up over the hill (peak of contraction) and then going down the hill.

The imagery really helped.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

August 27th, 2010, 02:41 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
cool about the hill!

i used hypnobabies and when i had a pressure wave i pictured myself sinking down, lower and deeper in to relaxation. then they were over!
August 27th, 2010, 04:45 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
nothing specific, I thought of all kinds of things, mostly random or generic "holy cow" kinds of things.
August 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I just breathed and counted. Tried to imagine opening up and relaxing.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
August 27th, 2010, 10:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I actually embraced all my contractions and enjoyed the pain that was involved...

I visualized my uterus contracting and tightening each time and relaxing and visualized my baby moving into position and ascending deeper into my pelvis... I also did deep breathing with my eyes closed...
August 28th, 2010, 10:02 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodagirl View Post
I just breathed and counted. Tried to imagine opening up and relaxing.
^^^Ditto minus the counting. I just tried to visualized my cervix opening, my uterus lifting up and away and the baby coming down. It worked! She was out in 2 hrs 20 mins!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
August 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
I did a lot of singing, nothing with words. Just whatever sounds would come out. And I repeated a lot in my mind, "Pain is progress" and "Bring the baby down." When I was pushing, I told myself I was pushing the pain away. It helped. I was pretty vocal during my contractions, especially once I hit transition. I tried the whole imagery thing, but it just didn't work for me.

August 31st, 2010, 07:07 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Looks like next time I should focus on what is going on inside my body! I'll have to remember that

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

August 31st, 2010, 08:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I inadvertantly was able to completely zone out from when my water broke to transition. I have very little memory, but it was almost like I was in a light sleep. Unfortunately when I can came to in transition all I could think about was, wow this hurts...

August 31st, 2010, 10:35 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicBaby21 View Post
I actually embraced all my contractions and enjoyed the pain that was involved...

I visualized my uterus contracting and tightening each time and relaxing and visualized my baby moving into position and ascending deeper into my pelvis... I also did deep breathing with my eyes closed...
I did pretty much the same thing all the way around lol

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search