prodromal labor?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know several of you ladies have had this lately for several days before giving birth, and I was wondering how long did you have it before the real thing? What was your experience with it? Did you end up having a short labor?

My friend is experiencing it right now, she started yesterday morning and it fizzled out yesterday afternoon and picked back up throughout the night, just to fizzle out again this morning. TIA

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

August 29th, 2010, 01:32 AM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
I went through it for weeks, maybe don't tell your friend that, haha! It did actually accomplish quite a bit - I was walking around at 4 cm and my active labor started with my water breaking, five hours later I was holding my baby.

August 29th, 2010, 03:56 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I was told on Sunday night (the 18th) that I was in prodromal labor and it could happen for days or weeks before the baby came. My contractions were regular, there was no dilating happening, but it was not comfortable and I was so scared it was going to last for a month...since I was due on the 11th of the next month. I gave birth to Liam on the afternoon of the 20th. I did not ever know when real labor started, or if I was ever in prodromal labor. I got to the hospital two hours before he was born...on the insistance of my mother and husband.
August 29th, 2010, 10:18 AM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
I went through it for a little over 2 weeks also (same pattern with both pregnancies). With my second active labor started and I was already 5cm so it was definitely doing something for me even though it was horribly annoying! It was 20 hours start to finish, but I have longish labor anyway (#1 was 32 hours) so I don't think that my experience should really be used as a benchmark.

August 29th, 2010, 12:37 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Nothing to add but it sounds really annoying for sure
August 29th, 2010, 06:04 PM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had prodromal labor for two days prior to hard labor. I was in hard labor for twenty-eight hours and forty-one minutes, but only spent six of those minutes pushing. My son was in the perfect position for birth, had very little coning of the head and came out healthy, beautiful and perfect.

August 29th, 2010, 08:10 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had it for 8 days and it was pretty exhausting. It was hard to sleep because they never went away, and they were like bad menstrual cramps. I didn't get much sleep those last 8 days because it was hard to lay down with them. I did not have a short labor, I had a 24 hour labor, but the first 21 hours were like bad and annoying menstrual cramps, then 2 hours of intense contractions and then an hour of pushing. Pushing was painful, but it was intense in the sense that the urge to push was very powerful.
August 30th, 2010, 06:31 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I had contractions that fizzled out several times. The last time I had contractions every 3-5 minutes for 55+ hours before I finally broke down and let them induce me. Mine didn't do anything. I was still high, thick and closed when I got to the hospital. My labor lasted 18.5 hours from start of Pit contractions to delivery.

You might not want to tell your friend about my experience. LOL.

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search