Professional Critique

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 5th, 2010, 05:04 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Hey ladies. As I have come to consider you friends over the years, I would like to ask you to give me some feedback on my new website. PLEASE (be gentle) give your honest critiques - find the mistakes, things you don't like, etc... I need as much feedback as possible to make this the best site possible for women looking into this option - and I need fresh eyes to do that.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 5th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It looks great to me! The only thing that I would change is on the about me page move the line "and I am the author of the Wonderfully Made Childbirth curriculum," further down in the paragraph just so that it isn't the first thing in your list of accomplishments I would also add why you choose to de-certify, I'm guessing it is so you can attend unassisted births unless there is a liability issue there? Maybe mention where you trained through as well, as well that you finished the training or not?

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 5th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
It looks great to me! The only thing that I would change is on the about me page move the line "and I am the author of the Wonderfully Made Childbirth curriculum," further down in the paragraph just so that it isn't the first thing in your list of accomplishments I would also add why you choose to de-certify, I'm guessing it is so you can attend unassisted births unless there is a liability issue there? Maybe mention where you trained through as well, as well that you finished the training or not?
Great ideas, I will definitely consider then. I don't think I will add my reasons for decertification, because I don't want them to taint other women's opinions of the method I decertified with in the event they are choosing that or thinking of choosing it.

But I love the rest of it.. PLEASE keep them coming, I need the help, I am not a web designer - lol!

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 6th, 2010, 06:07 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just glanced at it quickly. I went to school for web design and will give another look when I have more time.

Love the layout, colors, etc. The thing I noticed right off the bat was "home" in the blue bar was the first thing my eye went to. I think if you could eliminate that bar, it would be beneficial. Then I think your eyes would go to "Welcome" first.

Maybe if you could somehow highlight the button of the page your on it would have the same affect, but it wouldn't take away from the content as much. Then, you could incorporate the blue in another place... I do love the blue and orange together.

Generally, the logo in every site takes you back to the home page, too.

Oo if you click on "blog", it's weird that you're on a different site and it took me a minute to figure out how to get back. The button bar should stay the same at the top. You could also put it all the way to the right on the button bar and have it open in another window.

Last edited by monica8; September 6th, 2010 at 06:12 AM.
September 6th, 2010, 06:51 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I miss the old painting you had as the image, I was totally in love with that!

I like your site a lot and have lots of links of yours in the subforum. I do wish there was a way to look up specific topics and see all the posts that you mention that, although I suppose that's what the search is for too.
September 6th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
I miss the old painting you had as the image, I was totally in love with that!

I like your site a lot and have lots of links of yours in the subforum. I do wish there was a way to look up specific topics and see all the posts that you mention that, although I suppose that's what the search is for too.
OH! My professional journey blog is still there! I just don' t have it and my business blog in one place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
I just glanced at it quickly. I went to school for web design and will give another look when I have more time.

Love the layout, colors, etc. The thing I noticed right off the bat was "home" in the blue bar was the first thing my eye went to. I think if you could eliminate that bar, it would be beneficial. Then I think your eyes would go to "Welcome" first.

Maybe if you could somehow highlight the button of the page your on it would have the same affect, but it wouldn't take away from the content as much. Then, you could incorporate the blue in another place... I do love the blue and orange together.
Will definitely look at that too! Thanks for the fresh eyes!

Quote:
Oo if you click on "blog", it's weird that you're on a different site and it took me a minute to figure out how to get back. The button bar should stay the same at the top. You could also put it all the way to the right on the button bar and have it open in another window.
Yeah. Unfortunately, I cannot change any of that eye sore. The blog is a free version and, as such, is unchangeable. It sucks. My dh says no upgrade for awhile. lol.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 6th, 2010, 08:49 AM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
I LOVE it, and you are only a couple of hours from me

I agree that if the blog link is going to take you to another page, it should probably open in a new window, that threw me off too.

the only things I can find are not big things at all. On the "Doula" and "Childbirth Classes" pages, the image on the page seems to crowd the words. There isn't a gap in between the paragraph and the picture.

the other thing I noticed was on the description of the classes. There will be some people that have no interest in reading about the "Wonderfully Made" classes because they are biblically based. When I saw the description of the program, the only reason I saw the rest is because I was scrolling down reading that one. Some people may glance at the first part describing Wonderfully made, and move on without seeing the other options at all. I think I would add something to the top of the page, either on it's own, or in the blurb about childbirth, stating that you offer 3 very different choices or curriculum or something like that, so people will scroll down, and possibly consider switching the position of the wonderfully made and the work of heart.

I would also change the wording on one or the other on this sentence :
Help in making the best choices in childbirth is the best preparation for a safe and healthy birth. $200

it seemed repetitive when I noticed it the second time, I thought I was actually re-reading the same thing.

that is EVERYTHING I could find on the entire site! I really like the programs you have set up and will definitely send people in your area your way next time I am asked. I think you have alot to offer and your site portrays that very well!

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

September 7th, 2010, 03:14 PM
laisydaisymama's Avatar Natural Birth Junkie
it looks fantastic

-Ginni-
homebirthing, tandem nursing, cosleeping, babywearing, picky vaxing, cloth diapering Christian doula mama

www.lovingbeginning.com
www.givingdiapersgivinghope.org

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search