Did anyone use reflexology? Accupressure, ect.

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2010, 11:05 AM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi there, we are planning a VBAC after a c-section for a breech baby.

If this little girl will turn her butt around we will be having it, with the "support" of my OB in a hospital. He really has been great about wanting to help me acheive this, but I know the OB in him will/may come out in the moment sooo my plan is to stay away from the hospital for a long time AND keep my booty out of the hospital bed!
"Wanna give me a c-section again, gotta catch me first!"

We planned to hire a doula - have interviewed a few but have not found anyone we like and had some major expenses come up that were unexpected so it may not happen.

Plan B is having my aunt help - she is a nurse practicioner so she can help with the medical side of things. She already said if they refuse to give me a Heplock she will just unhook my IV for me so I can walk when I want and things like that. She is pretty supportive and helpful with other techniques/ideas.

So I wanted maybe have my husband and or her learn a few things that could be really really helpful to me as pain relief. Again goal being to keep out of the bed until my body will no longer allow me to. I have heard there are pressure points ect that doulas use during labor....do you know anything about them? Tried them?

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
September 6th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm not planning on using it but my Aunt is a Dr of TCM and gave my mom this book to give to me, it has all the points and more in it
Accupressure's Potent Points: A Guide to Self-Care for Common Ailments: Amazon.ca: Michael Reed Gach Ph.D.: Books

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 9th, 2010, 08:00 PM
HurricaneLady's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks I'm wondering if a book would really help him learn it or just make him annoy me lol

Parker Hudson 11/1/08 8.14, 22.5" Frank Breech Csection/Kennedy Eve 11/18/10 9lb, 21" Natural VBAC
September 10th, 2010, 07:53 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
it's worth looking into for sure! I thought I had something linked in the subforum about it but I don't. Not sure where I stored that link.

In my case, my husband is VERY back seat when I am in labor so he is basically not to be counted on for anything other than timing contractions, which he takes very seriously. He did press on my back once this past time and he was really bad at it. And he went to medical school! So anyway, I never counted on him doing anything, but I did have a doula at my first birth and then a bunch of women at my second birth who would be perfect for that kind of thing.
September 11th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Calendula's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH studied some accupressure for me, but I only ever wanted him applying general counter-pressure to my back and nothing else.

If you look into it and practice it together beforehand, it might help and certainly couldn't hurt. It just wasn't something I ended up wanting done at all when I was in labor.

September 12th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't remember where I found this link, if it was here or other surfing, but I feel like you were talking about me! VBAC, had a section because baby was breech... trying to do this naturally... can't afford a doula, and i'm trying to "train" my mother and husband to coach me!!! LoL

Here's the link:
Acupressure Techniques for Use During Childbirth and Pregnancy

HTH

Also, I really found this website useful. I found it in the subforums here.

Giving Birth Naturally

and introducing Julia Pearl

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search