question about silent miscarriage

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 6th, 2010, 12:55 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am taking 200mg progesterone and I have zero - I mean zero, nada, none, zilch, when it comes to symptoms. Can taking progesterone prevent a natural miscarriage from happening? Like say, the fetus stopped growing, but the progesterone is preventing the body from expelling the contents?

I am getting SUPER anxious for my appt on Friday and I am really trying to prepare myself for every scenario. I have been stalking FB waiting for my midwife to get on, but I'm guessing she is on call tonight!

Thanks for any advice/opinions you can offer me!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 6th, 2010, 04:49 PM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
From what I have read it will not sustain a non viable pregnancy but only helps a pregnancy that is viable.

I have been on it twice and both pregnancies were my sucessful ones.

I hope you only hear good news at your next appointment! Good luck

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

September 6th, 2010, 05:07 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
^ what she said. It will only help you if you have trouble sustaining a viable pregnancy due to short luteal phase or progesterone levels being low. Good luck at your appointment, hang in there! Every pregnancy is different.

September 6th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) Praying that you receive peace of mind soon!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

September 6th, 2010, 07:06 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
sometimes progesterone can mask symptoms. Try not to worry. I've miscarried several times, even on progesterone, and it was always obvious. If there is no bleeding, i'd say you are good to go!

September 6th, 2010, 09:26 PM
I know it won't sstop a nonviable pregnancy from mc, I just didn't know if the progesterone would prevent the body from expelling the product of conception, causing a silent or missed miscarriage.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
September 7th, 2010, 09:14 AM
that never happened in my case. I always started bleeding before discontinuing the progesterone. RELAX! Enjoy not feeling sick yet!

September 7th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Thank you alice I feel better! I just hate waiting..and waiting...and waiting!

I remember feeling weird in Brylie's DDC too because everyone was talking about how sick they were and I felt fine so hopefully that just means it's another girl bakin in there

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
September 7th, 2010, 11:23 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope Friday comes quickly so you can get some reassurance.

I haven't had any symptoms yet, either. It's kind of nice, but it's hard to feel pregnant when you just feel normal.

September 7th, 2010, 01:03 PM
i was gonna say, I think it's a girl! With my boy, i was sick as soon as 6 weeks came around.

September 7th, 2010, 02:42 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's funny... I've never heard that you have more sickness with boys. I didn't have anything with Levi.

September 7th, 2010, 04:19 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Hey Chica!

Sticky baby vibes to you hon!

You know this already, but just reiterating, every pregnancy is different and some never show the 'early signs' of pregnancy. My first, I had nausea for 2 weeks... from weeks 16-18. With my second... nada, no breast tenderness, not even a missed period (for the first 3 months of pregnancy), no nausea.. nothing.. Twins: MAJOR nausea and breast tenderness. My only boy, nothing again... except I expanded rather rapidly.

I hope Friday comes really soon for you!

... and, might I add, I will be the FIRST to remind you how much you WANTED to 'feel' pregnant, i.e. when you are
  • praying to the porcelain god
  • grasping your breasts in pain after your little one bumps into them for the umpteenth time
  • depressed your last pair of regular pants don't fit
  • depressed your last pair of MATERNITY pants don't fit

Bellies & Babies Blogger

Last edited by wonderfullymade; September 7th, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
September 7th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Caelen's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicaChels View Post
Thank you alice I feel better! I just hate waiting..and waiting...and waiting!

I remember feeling weird in Brylie's DDC too because everyone was talking about how sick they were and I felt fine so hopefully that just means it's another girl bakin in there
I have no experience with the medication. I hope everything is fine though! I did want to chime in because with my first pregnancy I had almost no symptoms. The only reason I thought to test was because my period had not shown. I never got morning sickness, didn't have sore breasts until late in the first tri. Wasn't fatigued until late first tri. I really just didn't feel any different at all. I have a healthy little boy to show for that pregnancy. Hopefully your little one is just trying your patience

Stay at home mom to two:
Jacob 03/17/2009
Benjamin 03/18/2011
September 7th, 2010, 08:45 PM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
Hope you get some good news soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
That's funny... I've never heard that you have more sickness with boys. I didn't have anything with Levi.
I had morning sickness with BE (DS1) up until week 18...This time, I've had almost nothing! So, not sure yet if that's because of gender or just coincidental, but we'll find out soon!

September 7th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I want another girl so badly, but of course my first priority is healthy so whomever is chillin in there is a-okay by me!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
September 8th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
(((hugs))) PAL is so tough! hang in there! Hoping and praying it's all good with you!

oh - and I have had a silent m/c it took 3 weeks for my body to figure out it was no go. And really my symptoms didn't disappear or anything. It took until I actually miscarried for it all to go away.
And with my successful pregnancy - I'd feel sick one day and then fine the next. My boobs would kill for a while- and then nothing. SO try not to freak out - I know - easier said than done!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby

Last edited by sodagirl; September 8th, 2010 at 12:07 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search