Who is also on MDC?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2010, 01:37 PM
missmich
I was until I was "asked to leave". Anyway I found JM when I was looking for a forum for single mommies. I'm so glad to have found the natural childbirth board within JM.
September 9th, 2010, 02:17 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What's that?

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
September 9th, 2010, 02:23 PM
missmich
It's a forum for natural family living. I didn't say the website's name in full since I think I read of we promote other forums here we can get into trouble with JM.
September 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
I've lurked from time to time but don't think I've ever even registered. Do you mind me asking why you were asked to leave?

September 9th, 2010, 04:41 PM
missmich
Well IMO they are moderate that board way to much and are to harsh on some people at times. I was a long time member and really enjoyed the forum. When I became pregnant I was more active and I posted in the single parents forum about my complicated situation with the babies father and stuff and so many of the women there told me NOT to tell my FOB about the baby and I all ready knew I wanted to tell him. One woman accused me of getting pregnant on purpose,though she didn't so so in so many words. I posted in the forum for her to back off and I got a warning. I then posted a couple posts toward someone who also gave the same advice to another woman about not telling the FOB. I said "shame on you for telling this woman that advice and it may be against the law to not tell him or to keep the child away from the FOB". She'd actually advised her to tell some lies that could have gotten her into trouble. Of course I got another warning. In another section of the forum I posted something about a roommate problem and mentioned my roommie was from China and I was accused of being racist. I tried to explain that I only mentioned it to get better help with the issue we were having may have a cultural difference.

I'd get warnings a lot after that and was suspended for a short time as well. I tried to get back on the board but to no avail. It was so hard when I was first banned. I really missed having a nice natural family living forum to visit but didn't like the way that I was feeling attacked my last couple months there.
September 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
wow! I have been on some heavily moderated forums and it is just ridiculous. Glad you found your way here

September 9th, 2010, 05:05 PM
missmich
The more I tired to explain myself the worse it got for me. When I left I found another forum with some ladies who also liked natural family living and it turns out that a few of them were also from MDC. They also thought MDC was over moderated in some ways.

I have gotten a few warnings here though as well b/c not everyone here understands me or the way that I post and I guess I've offended a couple people. Oh well. That's who I am,I tell it like it is and don't sugar coat the truth but I do try and be respectful.
September 9th, 2010, 05:08 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I am but I only post on the Massachusetts tribe, and that is occasionally. I did spend a little time in the July DDC this past pregnancy but it is too hard to get to know people on there I feel. No pictures or anything in siggies, I can't tell who is who.

I do tend to use the board for specific questions I have that are naturally geared. Also I have met a few local mommies through the MA board.

I recommend the local tribes all the time on here for women looking for NCB friendly caregivers and such, have never been spoken to for it.
September 9th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I think the promoting other boards thing is just if you're spamming and advertising. Talking about one (especially saying it's over moderated LOL) shouldn't get you in trouble.

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
September 9th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just signed up to try to find suggestions about NCB friendly practitioners, I was sad because I can't seem to find a *tribe* for my city...

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 9th, 2010, 05:36 PM
missmich
I thought I read something about not posting any forum address that would be competition for JM in these boards or in a PM. I thought I read it in the TOS when I first joined.
September 9th, 2010, 05:36 PM
^^ it doesn't go by city but states or provinces, usually grouped together. In my case Massachusetts is grouped with CT and RI.
September 9th, 2010, 05:55 PM
missmich
I don't think they listed provinces for Canada though. All I could find was Canada and clocked that and found threads to different areas and some didn't say where they were until I opened the thread.
September 9th, 2010, 07:05 PM
you're right, my bad, sorry!
September 9th, 2010, 07:43 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
I am there sometimes, but much prefer it here. I, too, have been warned. It is waaay overmoderated... I feel like a parent is constantly looking over my shoulder and I can't feel comfortable there... thus, I am here more.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 10th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
I love MDC. I've been on there for over 5 years.

September 10th, 2010, 08:43 AM
missmich
I remember seeing your name over there. I recognize a few names here actually. Thankfully none of the people who I felt were attacking me are here though so that's good. I do like the forum in some ways,but at the end it was so tough when no one was understanding me and assuming things about me.
September 10th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmich View Post
I remember seeing your name over there. I recognize a few names here actually. Thankfully none of the people who I felt were attacking me are here though so that's good. I do like the forum in some ways,but at the end it was so tough when no one was understanding me and assuming things about me.
I had the same issue with a different forum I was on. I thought it was all great until in a post that asked about what choices you were making during pregnancy about interventions I got flamed and called names. Then I had a few select people calling me out on ANYTHING I posted that wasn't in the herd mentality. I just pretty much stopped posting and started looking for a new forum family. They would moderate everything else but wouldn't delete the attacks on members that were for NCB/ homebirth/ no interventions.

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 10th, 2010, 01:07 PM
missmich
I checked out kellymom and had some problems there as well. There was a thread about cry it out. I said that as a nanny I sometimes had to let the child cry even though I knew what they wanted since what they wanted was the parents who were at work and I couldn't get the parents for them. The women there pretty much called me a bad nanny. I never actually let the child cry it out,I did my best to comfort them but these women made me feel bad.
September 10th, 2010, 02:54 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
I have an account there, but I don't post often. I'm mostly on the UC board and now I've been lurking heavily in the birth professionals board since I'm going to start mw school sometime in the next few months.

I think JM definitely has every other forum I've ever been on (more than 5, less than 10) beat for hospitality. Some rooms here have snootiness, but you can always find a room that welcomes you. And of course, just like IRL, you're going to have craptaculous people, but I just do my best to ignore the ones that only ever say snippy things.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search