Ok,it's started!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2010, 12:09 AM
missmich
I think I finally felt my very first contraction just after I got into bed. It was avery strange feeling in my belly. I went to pee and as soon as I say down the pee rushed out super fast! I looked and it was blood!!!! Yay!!!! Not a lot just a little to get me shaking with excitement! My doula said not to worry and to call her tomorrow and to go to sleep now. How can I sleep though? LOL That was around midnight and it's now 2 am. I called a friend and chatted to her for a bit and did some last minute packing and a quick tidy up. Then I updated facebook and here and now I'll try and sleep.

I'll let you all know how it goes in the next few hours or so.
September 11th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
yay!! Good luck!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 11th, 2010, 01:04 AM
ardisbaby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay Mich! Do your best to get some good rest so you can be ready for potential labor day!

September 11th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! Can't wait for an update this morning!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
September 11th, 2010, 07:22 AM
GranolaMamaOf3's Avatar ~Heather~
No fair! Lol!...JK

I'm excited for you! I hope this is it! Better get all the rest you can! Good luck, and KUP!

September 11th, 2010, 08:11 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
ELV's!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
September 11th, 2010, 08:14 AM
missmich
Good morning Mamas! Nothing new to report this morning. So far just some minor leakage when I'd get up to use the bathroom during the few hours that I slept. I'm now wearing a maxi pad and slept on a towel and will sit on from now until I give birth. lol
September 11th, 2010, 10:36 AM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
good luck!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
September 11th, 2010, 11:27 AM
marmeeof5's Avatar Host of Green Mommies
You can't just sit until you give birth! Roll up that towel between your legs, if needed and start walking around. Keep that labor going. Just don't wear yourself out.

Are you going to a hospital or having the baby at home?

Sending t&p for a good birth experience!!
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

September 11th, 2010, 01:04 PM
missmich
I'll be at a hospital that has been rated Baby Friendly by UNICEF and that the local mamas say is very NCB and I'll have my doula with me and a great birth plan.

Yeah I'm so tired now even though I did sleep well enough I guess. I may try and take a walk later on.

Maybe this isn't a sign of labor,but more of a sign that my body is getting ready for it. I don't really know. When I pee I notice a couple small drops of blood in the toilette and it's a bit slimy when I wipe. Sorry for that wonderful graphic description. lol
September 11th, 2010, 01:08 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
sounds like it won't be long!

September 11th, 2010, 01:30 PM
missmich
My doula just called and told me to go up and down the stairs in my building 3 times before midnight. I don't want,but I will do something other then sit on my butt and tend to my farm on FarmVille otherwise baby won't arrive anytime soon and I know it.

I have a friend coming over later to get the key to my building and I'll see if he wants to go for a walk with me as well to help get things moving.
September 11th, 2010, 01:59 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
good luck and keep us posted!
September 11th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do the acupressure points They will help get things moving too, Good luck! I know you will have a wonderful birth.. Edit: Add me on Farmville hehe

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 11th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
woohoo!!! ELV!!! I'm going to add some more advise - EAT!!!!! I was so happy I ate lots before I gave birth!

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
September 11th, 2010, 07:32 PM
missmich
Well I had a nice shower,did some dancing and played with the boobies! A few mild contractions. I went for a nice walk with the friend and nothing at all. Well maybe some minor contractions,but nothing much. I had some bubble tea at a cafe and when I stood up I had a small gush of fluid,that was it since this am for the fluid so that's good.

I talked to my doula and she thinks my water has broken and would like to go to the hospital to have it checked tomorrow and see how far I'm dilated. She said it sounds like my water has broken and they will want to keep me and if I'm not having any regular contractions they will want to give me the pit. I want to avoid that at all costs. So I'll see what happens tonight and try and get some good contractions going before we head to the hospital. I do have some mild cramping now from time to time.
September 12th, 2010, 08:17 AM
missmich
Well after thinking things over and some advice from some other mamas I've decided that I won't go to the hospital today. I slept well last night and had very few,very mild contractions that were very far apart. My mucas plug has started to come out which was pretty cool and gross at the same time!

If my water did break I know they will keep me,give me the pit and then I'll have very strong painful contractions and this could lead to more interventions that I don't want. So I'm going to watch for any fever and aches and pains and make sure baby is still moving around as he normally does. I'll also take a walk later on and do some more dancing. Hopefully eggplant parm dinner with friends is still on for tonight!
September 12th, 2010, 09:55 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there! You sound SO close! ELV's!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 12th, 2010, 11:22 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! Hope you have a smooth and fantastic labor and birth!

September 12th, 2010, 12:14 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! Maybe baby really does want to be born on his EDD!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search