BOLD events?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 11th, 2010, 04:17 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just found out about this from the Southern Mommies board where wonderfullymade posted about it. Basically anyone can organize one of these "Birth On Labor Day" events which can include a production of the play "Birth" and/or a Red Tent where women can share their birth stories and raise awareness of local issues with maternity care and birth options. Has anyone ever attended one? Proceeds can benefit a local organization who is working to provide more mother-friendly maternity care and birthing options.

I think this is very cool. I'm seriously considering organizing one next year. I'm a little nervous because I've never done anything like this, but I think I could get some like-minded women from my church to help out.

September 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They have one here every year in conjunction with the B.I.R.T.H. Fair. It's coming up soon!

September 12th, 2010, 09:07 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never heard of it... sounds interesting!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 12th, 2010, 09:46 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Hey Sk8ermaiden, who was your midwife? (am apprenticing with Pat Jones and assisting with Bernadette).

Since you are nearby, you should try to win the dinner and a show I mention in the southern mommies clan. hint hint.

Michele - you should TOTALLY do it in your area. I produced and directed it when I lived in Nashville and it was pretty easy/smooth. I am very geeked about being on this side of the stage/lighting this time, though.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 12th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I use and LOVE Cathy Rude, although Sandra and Paula were the ones who actually attended my labor (Cathy was out of town.) I have never been to see the play, and I just don't know if I can handle a play about birth. I've mostly grieved and moved on, but something like that I think would just be too much for me. I'll be at the fair though!

September 13th, 2010, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfullymade View Post
Michele - you should TOTALLY do it in your area. I produced and directed it when I lived in Nashville and it was pretty easy/smooth. I am very geeked about being on this side of the stage/lighting this time, though.
Do they pretty much walk you through it once you apply to organize the event? And can organizers also be in the production? I would love to act but I'm guessing that would be too much to do. So cool that you are in the play this time!

September 13th, 2010, 05:52 AM
marmeeof5's Avatar Host of Green Mommies
I'm interested in hearing more about this! I'm going to ask my dd in FL if she's heard of it. It would be well attended in FL if they are not already doing one. Her midwife would love it! There are two birth centers in town and it's a very crunchy area.
~Mary~ "Marmee" to Tiffany(29, married to Bill. Mommy to Karabeth- born 8/07), Christina(26), Heather(24, married to Bryce. Mommy to BE, born 3/09, Conlan, born 9/10 and a girl due 7/13), Ashlee(21, married to Matt, Mommy to Gunner, born 8/12), & Rebecca Joy(15)

September 13th, 2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmeeof5 View Post
I'm interested in hearing more about this! I'm going to ask my dd in FL if she's heard of it. It would be well attended in FL if they are not already doing one. Her midwife would love it! There are two birth centers in town and it's a very crunchy area.
Mary, here's the link for the website?
Birth, A Play by Karen Brody :: BE BOLD :: Latest Announcement
Do you happen to live in the Louisville area? Maybe this would be something we could work on together.

Edited: I just saw in the Where You Live thread that you are from Sebree. I'm actually from Owensboro! We'll be there this weekend and will hopefully be moving back in a couple of years.

Last edited by MaggieLizer; September 13th, 2010 at 07:54 AM.
September 13th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Wow, I've never heard of this before. I'll have to check it out.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
September 13th, 2010, 09:40 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I only know of of because Nicole did it, seems so cool!
September 13th, 2010, 02:54 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8ermaiden View Post
I use and LOVE Cathy Rude, although Sandra and Paula were the ones who actually attended my labor (Cathy was out of town.) I have never been to see the play, and I just don't know if I can handle a play about birth. I've mostly grieved and moved on, but something like that I think would just be too much for me. I'll be at the fair though!
I just met Cathy at the last GHMA meeting! She seems very kind and insightful!

Bellies & Babies Blogger

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search