where you live

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 05:47 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Where do you live? Concord, NC- a suburb of Charlotte

How long have you been there? 4 years

Did you grow up in the area? nope, DH and I both grew up in Charlotte

Do you like where you live? yes!

What are the positives about where you live? We live in the historic district so it's very pretty. It still has the small town feel in our little section even though it's a decent sized city now. I love my house and my half acre yard with no house directly behind us. My parents even bought a house in walking distance that has a pool. DH has really made a name for himself here now that he works at the main bank branch 5 minutes away. Oh and the public schools are great!

The negatives? shopping and restaurants are less than ideal. I'm used to a wide variety that Charlotte offers. Concord has a lot of typical Southern style places- a meat and 2 veggies (and banana pudding counts as a veggie). If I want something pretty nice to wear, I drive an hour away to one of the malls in Charlotte. And don't get me started on being the birthplace of NASCAR...

What would be ideal for you? just winning the lottery to pay off my mortgage and do a little more renovations on our house. I never want to move!
September 13th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Where do you live? Fairfield CA which is a town halfway between San Francisco and Sacramento. It's the very outskirts of the Bay Area.
How long have you been there? 4 years
Did you grow up in the area? Nope. I lived in the suburbs of Portland, OR from birth to age 17. Then lived in Fresno, CA for my last year of high school, then went to college in Berkeley, CA, then lived in Concord, CA for a year after that.
Do you like where you live? For the most part
What are the positives about where you live? Our house was much more affordable than elsewhere in the Bay Area. Lots of families and family events here.
The negatives? It's a little too quiet for me. It has a bit over 100,000 people, but I'd prefer a more major city. It's seriously lacking in non-chain restaurants. And the mall is too small. But everything I want is within a short drive, so I just go out of town a lot
What would be ideal for you? Bigger town with a bit better schools. I'd love to be back in Berkeley but houses are crazy pricey there and DH thinks it is too hippie-ish.

September 13th, 2010, 10:27 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Where do you live? Richland, WA. It's where Hanford is located. Part of what is known as the Tri-Cities.
How long have you been there? Born, bred, stagnated. (29 years)
Did you grow up in the area? Refer to question 2.
Do you like where you live? It's alright.
What are the positives about where you live? Low crime rate, everything is close by, family-friendly area, lots of sun, right next to several rivers, lots of parks, housing is affordable. Job market is still pretty good. My family is here.
The negatives? Too hot during the summer (unless you're my mother, who wears 2 pairs of socks until it's 80), not a pretty area, IMO (just a steppe above a desert, hahaha), not a lot to do unless you fish or do water sports or drink a lot of wine. Not a lot of naturally-minded folks. You can find us, but you have to look. DH's family is all here.
What would be ideal for you? I'd prefer to live closer to a larger city, but not in it. Seattle and Portland are both about 4 hrs away, so a little too far for a comfortable day trip, though I've done it before. And I'd much prefer the west side of the state, where it's cooler and green. Not a desert kind of girl. Plus I'd like a larger house and yard. If we made a little more that's doable here.

September 15th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
Where do you live?
Attica, Ohio...it's about 30 miles from Cedar Point.
How long have you been there?
Almost 5 years
Did you grow up in the area?
No, I grew up about 40 miles from here. We moved here for DH's job. I've lived in Ohio my whole life, though.
Do you like where you live?
Eh, it's okay. I like the town and schools, but I don't like living in the town. I'd prefer to be out in the country. But at least our town is small (about 900 people) so it has a rural feel and is surrounding by farms. We have a decent sized yard and great neighbors with kids the same ages as ours.
What are the positives about where you live?
Good school district, small town values, no village income tax, younger families like ours.
The negatives?
Mostly that I live in town. Other than that, I like it.
What would be ideal for you?
Wyoming. I love it there but I know we'll never move because all our family is here. So if I have to live here in Ohio, I'd love to move out into the country and have small land. 10 acres would be plenty. Just enough to raise our own beef and chicken and give the kids room to run and to have 4-H projects. Someday...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search