best friends

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 11:16 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
let's talk about our best friends! Share some pics if you want to!
September 13th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
One of my very good friends is this girl I met in high school...she lives in the states now, and I miss her! She's pretty cool, very crunchy, which is nice for me since I am trying to crunchify (!) my life and she's a wealth of information! She's also funny, she has a dry sense of humor that cracks me up! We sort of lost touch for a while after high school, but thanks to the wonders of modern technology we have been able to keep in touch much more, which is really nice!

September 13th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I no longer have one (

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 13th, 2010, 01:15 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
I no longer have one (
I guess I still call them my best friend, but really when you look at it... not so much. Hey you live in WA, maybe we can hang out!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 13th, 2010, 03:40 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I've known my best friend since 7th grade, but we've been best friends since 10th grade when we were lab partners in chemistry class. After high school we went to school far apart but we stayed in touch. Now, she's a little closer (6 hours away). We talk on the phone about once a week and see each other several times a year. She was a bridesmaid in my wedding, I was a bridesmaid in hers, and she's Lily's godmother. I love that we can have an intelligent conversation, disagree on some things, but still value the other's opinion. She doesn't want to have children but she would be a wonderful mother.

Here we are at Easter when I was 37 weeks pregnant with Abri
September 13th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I met my best friend on the very first day of college at UC Berkeley. I sat down next to her and we started talking. She's married but no kids. They're going to start TTC in the next few months though and I'm super excited. She was there for the birth of Lily and for Violet's as well. For Lily's she helped coach me. For Vi's she was downstairs watching Lily for most of it. We're very different people, but we get along so well. She's super career oriented, while I always knew I wanted to be a SAHM. She's less crunchy than I am as well. But our core values/beliefs are the same. She is Vi's godmother and her husband is the godfather.

Here's her and Violet:

September 13th, 2010, 10:39 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't have a best friend... it seems when I think I have a bf they screw me ovr...
September 14th, 2010, 05:13 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think this is the most recent pic I have of me and my best friend. It's from my wedding in January '08 which is the last time I saw her:

We met on the first day of 7th grade and have been best friends since. She had her baby boy the summer after our junior year of high school but had already moved away so I didn't see him until he was 6 months old. Her son has CF and she's really into holistic healing and the teachings of Edgar Cayce and is always trying different therapies and treatments for him. He is 8 years old now and is doing really well now. They are living near Memphis now. She was not able to come in after Vincent's birth and we're not sure when we'll be able to get together next. Our sons' birthdays are 4 days (and 8 years) apart.

September 14th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, aside from Cheryl, I am still very close with two other friends, and I can't decide which one is my best friend. I've known Cristina since grade 3 and Erin since grade 6, and we all hung out together throughout high school and college. For a while, I was closer with Erin as she was getting married and having a baby and we were more on the same page, while Cris was still into dating and partying and such, but Cris is now married and expecting her first so hopefully we will become closer again. It's funny how your life situation influences how you perceive your relationships with your friends...anyway, we're all going shopping and having lunch together tomorrow, so yay! Now if only Cheryl could be there, it would be just perfect!

September 15th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had 2 roommates in college that I was very close to. One, Krista, has moved to Michigan, so I don't get to see her nearly enough. She is married & has a son that is almost exactly a year older than Ethan. We try to take turns going to the other one. I saw her in August, not long after Avery was born. I'll either fly out with the kids or we'll try to find something fun to do in the middle next year. We're thinking about Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky, OH.
Me & Kris in St. Lucia (2006) I'm on the right

The 2nd, Mickie, I have unfortunately lost contact with & she only lives about 30 mins away. She got married in Feb '09 & Mike & I flew to Vegas for the wedding, I was her matron of honor. Her husband is very anti-social & don't think he likes me very much. He refuses to hang-out with Mike & I as couples, so she only sees me when he's working. I got tired of being the only one who would make plans, so I stopped & I haven't heard from her since. I miss her.
September 15th, 2010, 10:23 AM
navywifey2003's Avatar Home Birth Mama
Send a message via AIM to navywifey2003
I have 2. Wendy and Lauren we have known each other since the 6th grade. We are still very close. We drift apart at times but we always find our way back to each other.

This is Wendy and baby Katelynn

And this is our whole wedding party.

I dont have any other pictures on this comp since I am at my parents house.

September 15th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have two as well. My wonderful DH who is my rock. My friend Miranda I met in on the first day of school in grade 6, she has an embarrassing story about me that she likes to tell people about that day. We were friends through the years and fought on and off again, but we have grown closer over the years, unfortunately she lives at the opposite end of the country now So I never get to see her and her kids..

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 15th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
I don't have a best friend anymore, which makes me sad sometimes. I'm still close with my best friend from my school years. We went to school together from first grade on through college. She lives about 3 hours away now and it's hard for us to get together since she works 3rd shift and has a baby of her own. But we keep in touch via Facebook and talking/texting. I miss her terribly. But as far as having a best friend to hang out with and what not, I don't have one. I'm hoping to make some new friends now that DS started preschool...hopefully I'll meet some other moms.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search