Childbirth and nose piercings... interesting

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I have been thinking of getting my nose pierced, preferably the left nostril...

Being the research guru I am I started looking up the history of nose piercings.. I found something interesting..

Women in India get the left nostril pierced as it reflects the female reproductive organs and the left nostril being pierced is suppose to help ease childbirth and menstrual pains...

So anyone have your left nostril pierced? Does it seem to work for childbirth?
September 17th, 2010, 01:03 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
ha! I have my right one pierced, no idea how it effected childbirth!
September 17th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ha.... I decideda I wanted my left side done then I started looking stuff up and found that... thoughts it was interesting..
September 17th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Super Mommy
i had/have my left side done! but i had no clue about how it effected childbirth.

September 17th, 2010, 03:16 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
LOL - I had no idea. I got my right side pierced... call it new mom rebellion.. but I chose the right side because I don't see many ppl with the right side done.. most have the left, so I did the right.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 17th, 2010, 03:24 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
ha. i have had my left pierced for 10 years. my last childbirth was pretty easy but my first was harder.
September 17th, 2010, 03:26 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
interesting. i do kind of want to get my nose pierced. do they even do piercings if you are pregnant? i know most places won't do tattoos on pregnant women.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
September 17th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I want to get it done - but later. Guess I'll go for the left - I wonder how it lines up the the TCM meridians . . .

Thank you Kiliki for my first beautiful Siggie!

mom of 2 angels and an earth baby
September 17th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Also wanted to add that not all Indians pierce the left side. Many pierce the right, it also represents geographic Indian heritage .
September 17th, 2010, 05:43 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to get my nose pierced! I have a mole on one side of my nose, right where the ring would be, so I probably cant. It's probably look really stupid to have one on the other side, too. People already ask about my nose ring and I always get so embarrassed when I have to respond, "Uhhhh, it's a mole."

September 17th, 2010, 05:44 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my left side pierced, but took it out when I was pregnant. I got my left side pierced because i like my left profile better than my right

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 17th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
I want to get my nose pierced! I have a mole on one side of my nose, right where the ring would be, so I probably cant. It's probably look really stupid to have one on the other side, too. People already ask about my nose ring and I always get so embarrassed when I have to respond, "Uhhhh, it's a mole."
You could always get it removed? My sister had the same exact thing. She got it taken off really easily at her GP's office.
September 17th, 2010, 08:39 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
^^ Thanks! I'm definitely getting it removed at some point. I'm kind of freaked out about the thought of the possible pain of removal. I had my nose cauterized when I was younger and it was so sensitive, since it was a face thing. It probably wouldn't be as bad on the outside, but that's what's stopping me.

Do you know how long it took hers to heal and if there is a noticeable scar?

September 17th, 2010, 08:46 PM
simplycorey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Interesting! I had my left side pierced two years ago and this is my first pregnancy with it in. Hopefully it's right!

Mom to: Kimberly (15), Caleb (14), Micayla (12),
Zechariah (11) and Frankie - born 1/3/11

September 17th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfullymade View Post
LOL - I had no idea. I got my right side pierced... call it new mom rebellion.. but I chose the right side because I don't see many ppl with the right side done.. most have the left, so I did the right.
Ha... I tell you what since I have had my daughter, I have felt rebellious... I have totally changed in a good way.. My friend and I are going this week to get it done, and then in about two weeks I am going to go brunette...

I have been blonde all my life and now I want change, my husband asked me if I was going through a mid-life crisis because of all the drastic changes I am doing... lol

After going through labor, I feel like I can conquer the world!!
September 18th, 2010, 12:08 AM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicBaby21 View Post
Ha... I tell you what since I have had my daughter, I have felt rebellious... I have totally changed in a good way.. My friend and I are going this week to get it done, and then in about two weeks I am going to go brunette...

I have been blonde all my life and now I want change, my husband asked me if I was going through a mid-life crisis because of all the drastic changes I am doing... lol

After going through labor, I feel like I can conquer the world!!
True dat! I call it the "I am woman hear me roar" march - hair cuts, hair dyes, piercings, tattoos, triathlons... you name it, we can do it! Heck, we pushed a living human out of our hoohaas, we can do ANYTHING!

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 18th, 2010, 07:05 AM
Birds_of_a_feather's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my left nostril pierced. Not sure if this is related but I'm very fertile (takes very little trying to get pregnant and I've done several successful egg donations). Child birth on the other hand was very hard for me

September 18th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
My right is pierced. All of my births were easy.

September 18th, 2010, 01:27 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
Same here! I was about to post that my left nostril has a huge mole. I think piercings look awesome but I won't do it because I don't want to call more attention to the mole on the other side.

September 18th, 2010, 01:38 PM
missmich
I never knew this,but did notice that a lot of my nurses had nose rings. Some were Canadian women and some weren't from Canada and I can't remember where they were from. I was surprised to see they were allowed to wear the rings at work that's why I noticed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search