My little man and I!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 18th, 2010, 11:00 AM
missmich
Everyone has been asking me for all the details about my little love so I'll share now.

His name is Mijandro William,it's pronounced like Me Hawn Dro. It's a Spanish name that I made up using the names Migueal and Alejandro.

He joined me at 7:22 am on Tuesday,September 14th. He weighed 7 pounds 9 ounces and is 21 inches long.

I didn't see or feel anything at all and thought the doctors were to busy chit chatting to get things started,but my doula assured me,no they were doing it! They were speaking French so I had no idea what they were saying or laughing about. I was was scared and had some pretty negative thoughts about the whole things and the baby and sorta felt that I didn't even want to be there doing that and I didn't even want the baby and they should just tie my tubes b/c I never wanted to be there again.... I don't know why I had these thoughts though. Maybe the hormones and the adrenaline and a mix of other things. When my doula told me my baby had come out I held my breathe and heard him cry and I looked at her and said "that's my baby" and I felt one tear roll down my left cheek and I started to smile and laugh and cry all at the same time and all those other thoughts went away.

They told me my baby was a little green martian,he pooped on himself. lol I knew that was normal and I saw them suction him off and clean him up and I could hear him cry and start to breath better. I didn't have my glasses and couldn't see much,but my my first glance at him..... he was giving the peace sign!

Then they asked me if I wanted to cut the cord,in my birth plan that was what I wanted. I was so shaky and couldn't move my arms,but I still had my sense of humor and said "no,I'd better not I may circ him by accident and we don't any any circy circs for my son". LOL I asked my doula if she wanted to do it and she did. Then they held him close to my face so I could kiss and smell him and just look at him for a few minutes. They had to take him to the nursery and my doula asked me if she should go or stay and I said go go go,be with my son I'm son.

So that's part of my birth story for now. I'll come back to post a pic of us. He's crying now and needs me.
September 18th, 2010, 05:38 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Mich, I LOOOOOVE this part of the story. Mijandro is such a sweet name! I love it!

I also love 'it's my baby'... That's right, he IS your baby! I love your sense of humor too, that's right, we don't want no accidental circs when cutting cords, lol!

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 18th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Love it! Congrats!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
missmich
I had to keep my sense of humor otherwise I don't think I'd have gotten through any of it. I'm glad that my doulas (I had mine and a back up later on) and the nurses and doctors got my sense of humor and seemed to enjoy it.

I couldn't see him at all or what was going on during the operation. I'm not sure why,I know that some mamas get to watch on a mirror what happens. I'll have to ask my doula why I didn't get to. I'm not sure if I could have handled it and maybe she knew and asked them not to show me or maybe that's their protacol. Either way it all ended well and was actually a very healing experience for me,my whole pregnancy and birth.
September 18th, 2010, 07:17 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
can't wait to see pics! congrats again!
September 18th, 2010, 07:21 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
congrats on you little boy!!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
September 19th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!! I can't wait for pictures!

and introducing Julia Pearl
September 19th, 2010, 08:43 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! I also the name Mijandro!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 20th, 2010, 11:55 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I love his name! I can't wait to see pics of him
September 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
missmich
Here's a link to my flickr account for some pics of me and my little man!

Flickr: missmich76's Photostream
September 20th, 2010, 01:22 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
congrats!!! i did not get to see the operation, and do not know if it is common to watch on a mirror. Never heard of that! LOL.

He is so cute and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that name. His pictures are super sweet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search