Some JM Questions

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2010, 09:08 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been a member of JM? Why did you originally join? Are you still active on that original board? Have you met anyone from JM in real life?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 20th, 2010, 09:32 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I joined in March 2008 and was active on the Waiting to Try to conceive board. I was just starting to get the baby itch. I did a google search, and the board popped up. Moved into the Grads board that September when we started TTC.

I am still acitve on the WTTC Grads page. I know many of these women in real life. Some of them i see frequently, and we talk every day.

September 20th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I joined in December '05 looking for some other mommies to relate/talk to. Our original board has recently merged, but a lot of us are still on there and we have a little group on facebook so the core group has mostly stayed in touch.

I've met a lot of JM mommies. Probably around 25 in total. I love getting to meet people

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 20th, 2010, 10:35 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been a member of JM?
Since June of 2007, so 3+ years.

Why did you originally join?
I was pregnant at the time and I had a specific question I needed answered, and Google led me here.

Are you still active on that original board?
No. It was the November '07 DDC, and Cassidy was born early, in October, so I post there now.

Have you met anyone from JM in real life?
No.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

September 20th, 2010, 10:48 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
How long have you been a member of JM? Since May 2007 when I was pregnant with Lily
Why did you originally join? I did a google search for pregnancy calendars and JM was the first one. I decided to join the Jan 08 DDC when I saw the forums here
Are you still active on that original board? Yep
Have you met anyone from JM in real life? Yep- I think about 12 or so
September 20th, 2010, 11:04 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been a member of JM? Since end of July 2009, just over a year!

Why did you originally join? We were TTC and I thought I was pregnant. A google search turned up JM and I found the TTC board as well as the Am I Pregnant board. When I did get AF that cycle I learned to temp and got my BFP the next cycle!

Are you still active on that original board? No, I still lurk on the TTC board and recently started checking out the WTTC board (although a lot of them seem to actually be TTC! hehe). The grads board at TTC aren't very active, I tried though at the beginning of my pregnancy! So now just my PR and here!

Have you met anyone from JM in real life? I just met a gal from my PR who lives here in the Seattle area. There is another gal who we've been trying to meet up with but all our schedules have been super busy this summer! We are hoping this week will work!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 20th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been a member of JM? Since June 2008.

Why did you originally join? We were just starting to TTC.

Are you still active on that original board? Not on the TTC board, I joined this board back then too because I already knew I was interested in NCB, so this is the only one I've remained active on.

Have you met anyone from JM in real life? Not yet - but hopefully in the very near future!!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
September 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been a member of JM? Since September 2005!

Why did you originally join? My dad had just passed away, and even though my chances of being pregnant were practically zero, I got it in my head that maybe I could be... and it would be like the cycle of life or something, haha. so I was searching Am I pregnant?

Are you still active on that original board? My original board was WTTC, which I also hosted for a couple of years. I post on the grads board occasionally.

Have you met anyone from JM in real life?I've met 6 women, I think. A couple of them I talk to nearly daily and meet up with regularly despite living in different states!

September 20th, 2010, 06:17 PM
greeneyes's Avatar <-- Just do it.
How long have you been a member of JM? Five years.
Why did you originally join? Hubby and I were kicking around the idea of TTC.
Are you still active on that original board? Nope, not at all. I mainly stick to WTTC Grads, Cloth Diapering, Natural Childbirth and occasionally my current DDC.
Have you met anyone from JM in real life? Yep! Nikki (niknok) and I have met up twice, good times!

September 20th, 2010, 06:46 PM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
How long have you been a member of JM? um... not sure, take a look at my 'join date'

Why did you originally join? I heard about this kickin ncb and had to check it out myself during one of my pregnancies.

Are you still active on that original board? nope (hear the joking sarcasm?)

Have you met anyone from JM in real life? Yes ma'am, I have attended two of the ladies on the NCB board (as doula), taught one a CB class, and have also met two for play dates

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 20th, 2010, 09:12 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I've been a member for almost a year, next month will be a year I joined after doing a search and came across the board and started on the June PR then DDC when we had just found out about our baby. We sadly m/c then I went to PL, TTCAL, Am I Pregnant, and TTC and I do lurk in TTCAL and Am I Pregnant all the time. I love to see the ladies who get their BFP's!! So far I haven't met any in real life but I do talk with a few on FB they just need live closer to me!

September 20th, 2010, 09:53 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobittyBoo View Post
How long have you been a member of JM? Why did you originally join? Are you still active on that original board? Have you met anyone from JM in real life?
I forget what I joined JM - I think it may have been 2007. I originally joined for the charting board, but no, I did not stay there (or even on the site) when I discovered they really know very little about charting and it's just the blind leading the blind. I came back and was one of the very first member of the July '09 DDC, and am still there.

I met SoIMarriedANerd in real life.

September 21st, 2010, 06:24 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been a member of JM? a year and 9 months

Why did you originally join? Jacqueline (passthehay) told me about it when I got pregnant

Are you still active on that original board? Yup it was my DDC and this board

Have you met anyone from JM in real life? Yes! I see Cheryl pretty often. Also met Kristen and Cindy.

September 21st, 2010, 06:27 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes View Post
Have you met anyone from JM in real life? Yep! Nikki (niknok) and I have met up twice, good times!
Do you live near her? She's pretty close to where I live, though we haven't met yet

Strangely, I've met only one JM member in North Carolina. The others that I've regularly met up with are from SC, GA, and even Canada
September 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I joined in September of 2008, so 2 years now. I'm not really sure how I found JM but I'm glad I did. We were TTC for just one cycle at that time.

Early on I think I mainly lurked - I'm not even sure where I really posted at first. I guess I hung out a bit on the TTC #1 board and General Spirituality. Before we started TTC again last year I hung out on Mommy Weight Loss and Fitness and NFP/FAM boards, then TTC. I don't post on any of those boards anymore.

I haven't met any JM mommies in real life but I hope I will some day, especially some of the ladies in my PR.

September 21st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
How long have you been a member of JM? Since Oct 2007

Why did you originally join? We were getting ready to TTC again after my ectopic (our 3rd loss) & I was terrified to TTC again. Google led me here & I hung out on TTCAL until I got preggo w/ Ethan in Jan 2008. I was active in the Sept 2008 DDC/PR for awhile, but never really clicked w/ any of those mommies.

Are you still active on that original board? Nope

Have you met anyone from JM in real life? No, I've never met anyone.
September 21st, 2010, 04:19 PM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobittyBoo View Post
Joined November of '06 after the birth of my second daughter. I was mostly active in the debate forum back then.

Quote:
It had a NCB and debate forum.

Quote:
Yep.

Quote:
I have not.

September 21st, 2010, 05:59 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
January 2006

I was pregnant and one of my friends suggested finding a mommy forum and joining a DDC. This is the second one I found and I just loved it!

Yes. It's really slow right now since all of our babies are 4 now, but I keep up with everyone on there!

Yes. Someone from my original DDC/PR.

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

September 21st, 2010, 06:00 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
How long have you been a member of JM? a little over 3 years
Why did you originally join? I joined when I was pregnant with Cadie, the Jan 08 DDC
Are you still active on that original board? yes, but not a whole lot
Have you met anyone from JM in real life? yes! I first met Jacqueline (passthehay) and then kristenpie, all our kiddos are in the same playroom. I've also met Cindy (Husher, used to be cohost here) and Monica who I get to see often, as she mentioned. Also Kathie (Kathode) is one of my very best friends who I have known since I was about 13. And I have also met another woman from Cadie's playroom who doesn't post on this board.
September 21st, 2010, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How long have you been a member of JM? Feb 2008

Why did you originally join? Was initially WTTC and just had the TTC fever...

Are you still active on that original board? Nope

Have you met anyone from JM in real life? Nope

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search