Books or media?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2010, 06:24 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are there any books, videos, or websites you ladies would recommend me looking at? I want to be as prepared as I can to make sure that I am able to deliver twins naturally ( I am taking a childbirth class that starts tomorrow). Thanks so much!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
September 21st, 2010, 06:30 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I really enjoyed reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. The birth stories in it are very positive, plus there is a lot of good info
September 21st, 2010, 06:38 AM
New_England_Girl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by corny7474 View Post
I really enjoyed reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. The birth stories in it are very positive, plus there is a lot of good info
^^^ That's exactly what I was going to say! Great book. You can usually find it right at Border's or Amazon.

Married to my best friend for a decade.
Mom to:

Cassidy, 6.5 yrs. Born 10/23/07, 7 pounds 10 ounces, 20 in.

Joel, 4.75 yrs. Born 6/23/09, 9 pounds 12 ounces, 21 in.

Timothy, 2 yrs. Born 3/20/12, 9 pounds 4 ounces, 22.5 in.

September 21st, 2010, 07:29 AM
Thanks!!!!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
September 21st, 2010, 08:20 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Besides the above recommendation our subforum has a ton of info and links! Take a look through there and see what looks interesting to you. Then as your pregnancy progresses you can come back and look up certain topics that come up and have questions about.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 22nd, 2010, 03:17 PM
Super Mommy
Jamie I feel I should just start saying "ditto to everything Jamie says!" I see you are wanting to do a water birth too! I am so disappointed they won't let me... my last baby was delivered in water and it was WONDERFUL!! I went home a few hours after his birth... I can only hope this delivery goes as well! As you said I can labor in water just not deliver. Anyway, let me know if you find out any good details I should know!! I can't wait to hear how your birth goes. Oh, and what classes are you taking? In the past we have done Bradley classes and LOVED them!!

September 22nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really liked Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May, I haven't read guide to childbirth ..

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 22nd, 2010, 04:03 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
ditto on ina mays guide to chilfbirth.
September 22nd, 2010, 06:58 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
my recommendation to start would be the thinking woman's guide to a better birth- not a warm and fizzy book like Ina May's, but it is a great way to educate yourself
September 23rd, 2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweethome View Post
Jamie I feel I should just start saying "ditto to everything Jamie says!" I see you are wanting to do a water birth too! I am so disappointed they won't let me... my last baby was delivered in water and it was WONDERFUL!! I went home a few hours after his birth... I can only hope this delivery goes as well! As you said I can labor in water just not deliver. Anyway, let me know if you find out any good details I should know!! I can't wait to hear how your birth goes. Oh, and what classes are you taking? In the past we have done Bradley classes and LOVED them!!
That's great you had such a wonderful water birth! THe class that I am taking is just a regular childbirth class offered by our hospital. I live in the middle of no where so finding a Bradley class is near impossible! As it is there were only 3 other couples in our class last night lol!!!!

Thanks for the reading info ladies!

September 23rd, 2010, 05:41 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
Im currently reading "Birthing From Within"...its wonderful!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search