Calling all moms that have delivered twins naturally!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
Super Mommy
I had a doctors appt today and it did not go that well! I mentioned that I would have loved to do a homebirth and the doctor replied "do you want your babies to be in special ed?!" She said that several times. I GET that twins are different and more difficult, but I don't believe I need a MILLION u/s! I really want to tell them NO MORE and actually I don't mind every OTHER time getting one so about every 8 weeks, but I don't understand how it benefits the babies? What would they do differently if the babies were not measuring right?
My experience is with singletons, not twins... so I know how I would do things in a singleton pg, but am still trying to learn the difference with twins. I have heard an MDs opinion and now I would REALLY love to hear the "other side" of the story.
Any advice from an experienced person would be SOOO appreciated!
(right now I am going to the same birthing center I delivered DS 2 at and I had a WONDERFUL experience. The midwife left us alone, we delivered in water and I went home a few hours later, but since it's twins everyone seems to be freaking out...)

September 22nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
Super Mommy
i have no advice, but i hope you find the support you are looking for to have your babies naturally.

September 22nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure there are any mommies here who have given birth to twins. I have asked because my last pregnancy started out as twins, so if I got pregnant again there might be a chance of twins again. The idea I get is that you really have to research what's available in your area. What does your midwife think about delivering twins? Is she on board and your OB is just nervous about it?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 22nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
are you able to deliver at the birth center?

September 22nd, 2010, 07:16 PM
Super Mommy
I am at a birthing center, but since an OB has to be the one to deliver me I am only seeing the dr.s right now... BUT I did learn today that a midwife can be there so... I think I may just switch and only see midwives from now on... at least I have met all the dr.s.

September 23rd, 2010, 04:32 AM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know if there have been any twin mommies on this board but there was a mom in my PR (Canadamom) who delivered her twins naturally, although I don't know if she was planning on a NCB. And she is in Canada so I'm sure it was probably different as far as the care she received. She didn't post much and I haven't seen her on the boards in a while but you might try to PM her.

Hopefully you can stick with the midwives. I think it's great that you are able to deliver in a BC!

September 23rd, 2010, 05:04 AM
bre4thewin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bre4thewin
I was a Doula for a mama who was going to attempt a natural delivery of Triplets so i have done a bit of research. A lot depends of how far gestationaly you are, and the position of the twins. My midwife does breach delivery but a lot dont so thats a good question to ask. Really unless one or both of the babies is under stress there is no reason why you cant deliver them naturally and vaginally. I know that a lot of Twin mommies have done homebirth due to not being supported by the OB community. I would just start asking questions! In a hospital setting a lot of times they will have you labor in the OR just incase they have to do an emergency C. IMO that would suck. lol Fact is that your body is capable of pushing our 2 babies...why not? IMO if they start riddleing you with intervention its just going to make it more difficult and not just effect 1...but 2 babies.

here is an inspiring video...

YouTube - Natural Childbirth of Twins and Triplets!

Thank you Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggie!

September 23rd, 2010, 05:31 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was so upset when I heard I had to get a u/s every 4 weeks. But after asking questions they explained that they have to bc of not knowing if one baby is way larger then the other. Measuring the fundal height with twins is not accurate (at 21 weeks I measured 26 weeks lol) that is how they usually tell if a singleton baby is growing at the right pace. Also, If the cervix is shortening they are able to catch it in time to put you on bed rest. It put my mind at ease a little bit but I still hate all the u/s!
I know how you feel about the Dr.'s freakin out about twin birth. When I said I wanted a natural childbirth with no meds in a birthing pool. They said "Um really"?
I said "um yes"!!!! They told me I can't deliver in the birth pool but can labor in it only if baby A is head down. Also, I would need to have all the stuff in place (like the line for epidural) in case I need an emergency c-sections. Ugh frusterating!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
September 23rd, 2010, 05:44 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
definitely try to only see the MWs!!! Hopefully they are not medwives.

September 23rd, 2010, 02:14 PM
Super Mommy
I LOVE that video!! Thanks ladies... I will try to just see the midwives from now on.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search