Hypnobabies and baby's temperament

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 22nd, 2010, 07:06 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wondering for those who did Hypnobabies, do you think it might have had an effect on your baby's disposition?

My baby is really pretty laid back and can sleep almost anywhere and through any amount of noise. I think he's just a pretty easy baby all around. I wonder if all the Hypnobabies tracks I did from 28 weeks on might have helped him be a little more mellow or if he would have been like that anyway. DH and I are both pretty laid back people so I'm not really surprised.

September 22nd, 2010, 07:10 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
My hypnobabies baby is super laid back. Although he is a terrible sleeper.
My first born was a hospital epidural baby, he is very spirited! Always has been.
September 22nd, 2010, 07:10 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Vivian is very mellow and happy/content but then again so was Cadie. Both were great sleepers right from the start.
September 22nd, 2010, 07:17 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm....Mia had terrible colic from 3 weeks to about 9 months old. Screamed her head off day and night. No one could hold her except DH and I. My mantra was "don't throw the baby out the window" over and over again in the wee hours of the morning.

Edward, my hypnobaby, laughed yesterday for the first time. He loves everyone, smiles all the time, and is mostly always happy. He doesn't sleep much though, prefers to just be awake and part of the action. I think you're on to something, there, Michele!

September 23rd, 2010, 01:01 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is really interesting I will have to see after baby is born, but it also surely has a large impact that you babywear. Studies have shown that that alone can have a huge impact on how mellow your baby is..

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 23rd, 2010, 01:49 PM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I did hypnobabies from about 29 weeks up until I got that horrid epidural.
CJ is very laid back. not much bothers him and he's easy to calm down when something does.

September 23rd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Tiff802's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Hypnobaby is also very mellow, or WAS mellow I should say, he's quite the tornado now! He also came out VERY calm, never cried once!

Thank you for my beautiful siggy Vicki!

See my growing belly!

September 25th, 2010, 04:36 PM
pr1madona's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My hypnobaby is very laid back. My first was very high energy. I was on terbutaline for PTL for several weeks and had an intervention filled birth. My 2nd wasn't a hypnobaby but I did have her all naturally, and she was pretty easy going. My hypnobaby was all natural and the only intervention was my water getting broke 20min before I had her. So you might be on to something:-)

September 26th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Super Mommy
my 1st son, who was a hospital/epidural baby is a wild man! always has been. he was a horrible sleeper too.

my hypnobaby is a great sleeper, hardly cries and is a pretty laid back baby! maybe the ncb had something to do with it as well...

September 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! So glad I posted about this! It sounds like there might really be a connection between the hypnosis and having a mellow LO.

For me I'm sure it's probably a combination of Hypnobabies+NCB+parental personality+babywearing. But it's enough to make me seriously consider doing HB again for the next one just in case!

September 26th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Juliana my hypnobaby is very mellow, very smiley and happy. She's also worn or held constantly, and we co-sleep.

Last edited by Jule'sMomInOR; September 26th, 2010 at 09:18 PM.
September 27th, 2010, 07:45 AM
noworries
I did hypnosis with both of my kids. Hypnobirthing with Eva and Hypnobabies with Isaac. They were both laid back, easy babies. I also coslept with both, babywear, etc.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search