I did it!!!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL.....

I got my nose pierced... hahaha...

AND I LOVED IT!!!

I am a bit of dork and am too geeked about getting it done, and choosing the side I did has meaning towards me being a birth junkie... lol

I was a little upset that I drove to a different place to get it done and they refused to pierce me because I was breastfeeding, so I went to the place I normally get pierced or tattooed and they did it with no problem... they just told me they won't pierce or tattoo a woman who isn't past 6 months post partum mark yet.... anyone else have issues with getting body modification done while bfing?

Last edited by PinkFireFly; September 23rd, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
September 23rd, 2010, 09:01 PM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
Did it hurt? Do you have other piercings you would compare the pain to? I've been debating getting it done for some time but wasn't sure how much it would hurt. My tongue was a walk in the park, lip was just shrugged off, cartilage was sore and I thought I lost my mind when I pierced the "girls".

Interesting about the body mod issue during the pp period. My next body mod will probably be my eyebrow pierced and I hadn't even thought about the fact I might have to wait longer!

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!
September 23rd, 2010, 09:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It didn't hurt at all but I am one that loves pain... I get a euphoric high from it...

I kind of trance out when I am getting pierced or tattooed,... I didn't even realize he had done it already and he did it so fast too that before I could exhale he sad.. "All done"...

I had an industrial in my upper cartilage and both my tragus done and the industrial hurt the most...
September 24th, 2010, 02:28 AM
Kaema's Avatar Kris
Send a message via AIM to Kaema Send a message via MSN to Kaema
I trance out with tattoos and stuff too. I enjoy the pain. My tongue piercing was the easiest one. Before I knew what was going on I had a needle in my tongue and he was putting the jewelry done. I can't wait til I can get another piercing

Thank you GraysMama for my gorgeous siggy!
September 24th, 2010, 05:59 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I never had my nose pierced. I have my cartilege and 6 more in my ears plus my belly button and I used to have my eyebrow, tongue, nips, and bottom of my belly button pierced. I have 4 tattoos as well. I never tried to get anything in the PP period. My last tat was 4 years after DD#1 and all my piercings are older than my kids. I'll have to ask next time I stop by the shop!

Oh, and a pic please! I want to see!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
September 24th, 2010, 07:08 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I know you cannot get a tattoo when you are breastfeeding
September 24th, 2010, 07:52 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
^^ Cheryl, I think I read somewhere that it's recommended to wait past the 1 year mark for tattoos. I was thinking it was on the LLL website. I'll have to find that link.

ETA: LLLI | FAQ on Tattoos and Breastfeeding

I want to see pics too!
September 24th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
Well that's what I thought but I got one not even 3 months post partum... I never had an issue and that artist I go to had no issue with me getting one, since I rarely bleed with tats...

I don't have any pics right now... the piercer put a clear stud in it for the healing period and right now all it looks like is a zit on my nose... lol... but I got it done on the left nostril
September 24th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon~maiden View Post
ya, I was pretty disappointed when I found this out...it's not so much the breastfeeding as being pp. I want to get something to celebrate my babies and my ncb but I'll just have to wait!

September 24th, 2010, 09:33 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I got mine done and it hurt but it wasnt that bad, i think my belly button was the easiest one didn't hurt at all. Can't wait to see pics!

September 24th, 2010, 08:55 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a friend of mine got a tattoo when she was at the...I think 6m breastfeeding mark? I personally wouldn't get inked while bf'ing, but the place I got my nose pierced at and my tattoo done will pierce or tattoo anyone past 6m bf mark.

That being said, when I got my nose pierced I cried. I mean i am sure some of it was the natural tears when you get hit in the nose type crying, but it HURT. I was totally not prepared for how badly it hurt...I've had my belly button and tragus both pierced and didn't feel a thing...didn't flinch with my tattoo and got through my pitocin induced labor pretty well...but when I got my nose pierced...YOWZA!!!!!!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 25th, 2010, 06:34 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
yeah, I thought it hurt like a son of a B myself too. I got biog tears and the guy said it was normal, that everyone did.

I've been wanting a tree tattoo for years now but have been pregnant or breastfeeding since April 07.
September 26th, 2010, 05:48 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
cool!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search