did you labor with music or prefer quietness?

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2010, 11:43 AM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im thinking about bringing some music to the birth center when i deliver, have any of you found music to be really helpful, or did you bring it and find out then it wasnt what you wanted at all? Was the type of music you brought what you ended up wanting at the time or did you wish you had chosen another genre or artist? What types of music did you find particularly helpful for relaxing? Did anyone just prefer a very quiet atmosphere? TIA!

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

September 27th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I always think I'll want music, but when it comes down to it, I prefer silence. But I don't see the harm in taking something just in case you want it

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 27th, 2010, 12:08 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
I always think I'll want music, but when it comes down to it, I prefer silence. But I don't see the harm in taking something just in case you want it
I always make a play list then never use it! DH kept asking me if I wanted music and I probably would have enjoyed it, but my labor was just so stinkin' fast this time I couldn't make a decision let alone verbally respond.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 27th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Mom to 4 girls!!
No music for me. I didn't have much time with my 3rd dd as she arrived 40 minutes after getting to the hosp. I didn't really even think of it with my 2nd dd. I was moving around so much and prefered quiet during contractions.
Quinn Olivia Born at home Jan.13th, 2011, 7:37 am 9 lbs. 12 oz

September 27th, 2010, 02:02 PM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
no music. never even thought about it while at the birth center.

September 27th, 2010, 02:07 PM
Jule'sMomInOR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just kept listening to hypnobabies over and over. I listened to "Pushing Baby Out" 7 or 8 times, because yes, my pushing phase was that long!

September 27th, 2010, 02:26 PM
missmich
I made a nice play list but never used it.

This is one song that I really wanted to hear while pushing my son out,but I had a c-section so there was no music in the OR. I didn't even think to ask if we could have it in there.
YouTube - NICK CAVE INTO MY ARMS
September 27th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't use music with either births. Both times I thought I might want some music, but then when I was in labor I didn't want any music at all.

September 27th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Super Mommy
i didn't listen to any music. i listened to my hypnobabies out loud a couple times, and that's it. i preferred the quiet or just chatting with my husband, mom and sister.

September 27th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I brought my IPOD with me and thought I would use it, but when active labor hit all I wanted was silence with the lights off.

September 27th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welllllll.... i had it planned to take my ipod but I hadn't downloaded any music... so when my water broke before my due date, I started scrambling to try and download music and my computer wasn't working so needless to say...

I labored to a marathon of Man vs Food on Food Network... lol
September 27th, 2010, 03:26 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
okay thanks ladies, i've been feeling like it might be nice in the early stages but once things get intense i imagine i wont want any extra noise going on! Now i know i probably wont need to make a huge fuss about playlists!

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

September 27th, 2010, 06:09 PM
MaggieLizer's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had my Hypnobabies tracks on my MP3 player and planned to listen to those at the hospital but the only thing I ended up listening to was John Denver. I listened to it in the car on the way to the hospital, a little bit while I was in triage waiting, and a little bit once I was in the L&D room. I actually sang a little bit of "Sunshine on my Shoulders" during a contraction. I think it really helped me. But towards the end I was so tired I ended up just sleeping between contractions and didn't want anyone talking during them, so no music then and I didn't listen to my Hypnobabies at all.

September 28th, 2010, 05:00 AM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
I was so sucked into my labor the building could have been under attack and I wouldn't have noticed it lol! I know my kids were there playing but I was really just zoned (or focused) so I could have had music but I don't think it would have mattered.

I agree - bring it just in case.

Facebook
September 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I made a playlist for my first (hospital birth) but never even thought of it when the time came. I was pretty agitated. No one else thought of it for me either. The second time, at home, I did put on some new agey type music that someone sent me specifically to labor to. It was nice, I listened to it as background noise when I was in the tub. It was on low.
September 28th, 2010, 11:34 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I thought about bringing my ipod for labor at the hospital, but it ended up being too quick that there wasn't any time for it. She was born 5 minutes after getting to the closest hospital (10 minutes away) instead of the one my midwife delivers at (45 minutes away), so music didn't even cross my mind.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search