Baby's size

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
So my husband asked me if I thought this baby would be huge like 11+lbs because of the steady increase in all of our babies sizes and really I'm not sure.... this is long, I apologize in advance lol.

I was thinking about it and with my 1st my due date was always in question because I really didn't know my LMP - I always had whack cycles and my periods were very light so a few days of spotting to me was a period and I never thought much of it, until I stopped getting those which is when I went into the doctor thinking I was like 6-8 weeks along and shocked when she guessed I was like 17 and they did an u/s and gave me a due date based on that. So at 42 weeks when I went into the hospital "thinking" I was in labor (and wasn't) they looked at my chart and decided to induce based on my due date and he was tiny, 7lbs 9ozs.

Then with my second they changed my edd at least 5 times and if I remember correctly my LMP was like April 6th but they changed it to March 31st and I had him (via induction) on April 8th and according to THEIR calculations I was 41 weeks 1 day when really... by mine I was more like 40 weeks 2 days. He was 8lbs 11.6ozs.

Then Hunter is the 1st who got to pick his own birthday and my edd never changed (gotta love the midwife for that!) it was always May 12th, he decided to come out at 42 weeks 3 days and was 10lbs 8ozs.

So it makes me wonder if my 1st was actually only a 38/39 weeker considering how small he was (compared to my other two).

This time again baby will pick his/her own birthday and I know exactly when my LMP was so I'm hoping for a repeat of Hunter's birth but I'm wondering - will this baby be about the same size? Or bigger? Looking back, I don't think my kids have gradually increased in size, I don't think they're getting bigger by the baby I think it's because they are coming later. So estimating that this one will come around 42 weeks I'm wondering if I can assume he/she will be about the same size as Hunter?

WDYT?

Facebook
September 27th, 2010, 01:09 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would guess they would be about the same. But you just never know! I would think they could be a half pound in either direction based on if they are early/late and gender.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 27th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Super Mommy
it really is hard to know how big they will be! my first son was born at 40w 6d according to my calculations and was 8lb 2oz.

my second son was born at 40w 2d according to my calculations and was 9lb 7oz!

i really hope for your sake that your next baby isn't bigger than your last!

September 27th, 2010, 03:33 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would guess this one will be in the same range if this one is the same lateness, my two were 8.0 and 8.6 so only 6 oz apart, the first was 4 days late, second was 5 days late so that is pretty close, and i was very sure of my dates with both. I would guess that your first was much earlier gestation as you suspect, because other people i've known who have had babies at the same "lateness" each time have been very close in their weights, with small increases with each baby...but if the weight is just squishy baby fat then that probably wont be a big deal! If its skull-weight, well, that could be a doozy!

also it seems that people who go late always go late each time, at least the ones i know...

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

September 27th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Kathode's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was 41+ 4 for my 1st(girl), at 7lbs11oz, my 2nd(boy) was 41+6 at 8lbs5oz. Late both times, and the second was definitely bigger than the first!

September 28th, 2010, 11:32 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
I have no idea, but I can't wait to find out! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search