need some encouragment

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2010, 02:07 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I separated my recti yesterday (where you abs split down the middle). It really hurts... and i'm just pissed off about it. More than anything it makes me afraid of labor. I was all set and prepared, but now the idea of pressure waves paired with this awful ripping sensation... i'm just nervous as hell! Every time i stand it seems to separate a little more. I can barely tolerate movement, and the braxton just pull right on it. Anyone have experience with this?

September 27th, 2010, 02:23 PM
missmich
Oh no I'm so sorry. I can't offer much advice since I'm not to sure what to do or what it exactly. How long will it take to heal,is there something to make that process faster?Does having a hot bath or using a hot magic bag type thing help with the pain? Maybe you can use that in labor? Maybe call the doctor and see what they say.
September 27th, 2010, 02:34 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I'm sorry you are in pain! My abs did seperate but I didn't notice until just recently actually. I googled it to figure out what it was and I didn't realize there was pain associated with it. I thought it was more of a gradual thing.

I think you will be fine! I think there are a thousand things you can think of that might make labor seem worse, but generally once you are in labor you forget about those things. Try to get some rest. Did your doc or midwife give you any tips on how to relieve your pain now?

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 27th, 2010, 02:39 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
It happens in 60 percent of pregnancies, so you're not alone. I'm pretty sure this happened to me with my first and that it has happened again. You just suck it up and deal with it. I don't think many people realize that it has happened to them, and not everyone has distinct tearing sensations when it happens. But here's what I've seen online on how to tell if you have/had it:

Quote:
Abdominal splitting typically appears as a "tenting" along the midline on the abdominals. You typically notice it when you sit up from a lying down position.
I totally have that going on! It hurts more when it first happens, and then dulls. At least for me. Though I still do get the intense pain from time to time right above my belly button, but its not constant.

I don't remember it making labor any more difficult, or even factoring into my pain at that time with my first baby.

September 27th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMc View Post
It happens in 60 percent of pregnancies, so you're not alone. I'm pretty sure this happened to me with my first and that it has happened again. You just suck it up and deal with it. I don't think many people realize that it has happened to them, and not everyone has distinct tearing sensations when it happens. But here's what I've seen online on how to tell if you have/had it:

I totally have that going on! It hurts more when it first happens, and then dulls. At least for me. Though I still do get the intense pain from time to time right above my belly button, but its not constant.

I don't remember it making labor any more difficult, or even factoring into my pain at that time with my first baby.
Thanks for your response! I honestly feel better knowing someone else has had the same experience. And that i can expect the feeling to dull. People either have no idea what i'm talking about, or had no pain associated with it.

September 28th, 2010, 05:56 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have no advice just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you!

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
September 28th, 2010, 07:57 AM
luckily it seems the sharp pains *might* be gone. So maybe jsut the initial separation was painful.

September 28th, 2010, 08:52 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh well that's good! I hope it continues to get better and less painful.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 28th, 2010, 11:19 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
doesn't sound fun!
September 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I had it happen this last pregnancy. I got sharp pains every time my belly would grow a bunch. I didn't feel that pain at all once labor started

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search