Well....

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2010, 07:41 PM
MeggysMommy's Avatar 3 + 1
I guess I won't be getting the natural child birth that I had originally envisioned. We are set for a c-section on Sunday the 3rd since our baby is still super stubborn and breech. The reason for the induction is because of my high bp I have been battling for the last 2 months. My doctor did say that if Sunday morning we find out the baby is head down then we will proceed with an induction for a vaginal delivery but the odds of that at the moment are very slim. So I am not completely out yet but that is where we stand. I just also wanted to thank you ladies for answering all of my questions regarding natural childbirth and making me feel welcome

September 28th, 2010, 08:19 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would get into an acupuncturist, a chiropractor and someone who can do moxibustion ASAP. I would also do every home remedy for flipping that baby (spinningbabies.com, sitting in a warm tub and then putting ice on the baby's head, sommersaults, etc)..anything you can do. You're very early - a girl I met at my bradley conference baby didnt turn head down until 39.5w.

Start with chiropractor - webster technique - and then acupuncture/moxi and an external version if still necessary (was that even offered to you?)

if you don't want to be cut open, you have the right to do everything you can to prevent it! good luck!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 28th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Chels... really look into spinningbabies.com I have heard and read many successes with the site... good luck girlie!
September 28th, 2010, 08:42 PM
My doctor and I discussed the external version but he said that there "could" be a problem with my uterus causing the baby not to have enough room to flip.

September 28th, 2010, 09:16 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i would call a chiropractor at 8am and get in there ASAP

I found this place near you
Chiropractor Salem Oregon - Heppner Chiropractic

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 29th, 2010, 07:21 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
to all the above! I fyou truly don't want a c/s, try everything you can! People have had great luck with spinning babies and chiro's!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 29th, 2010, 08:01 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
*Hugs* Cay! Hoping baby flips for you!

September 29th, 2010, 09:17 AM
missmich
I hope the little one flips soon and you can get the birth you want!
September 29th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Army_Wife's Avatar Blessed times 3!
I swear by the chiro. My stubborn girl was breech all the way up until 38 weeks. I saw a chiro on a Monday and by Thursday she was head down. I also did all techniques on spinning babies. If she hadn't turned by 38 wks, I was seeing an accupuncturist. I'd definitely give the chiro a try!

September 29th, 2010, 01:53 PM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi there, I'm not a member of this board, but I just wanted to let you know that I was in the exact same situation as you with my son... I wanted a natural birth sooo badly, and I did ALL the home remedies, acupuncture, webster technique from a chiropractor, and a zillion other things to encourage him to turn... but none of it worked.

It IS possible to have a good birth experience by C-section, talk it over with your doctor and write a birth plan, yes you can have a birth plan even for a C-section!

Hugs and I hope everything goes smoothly!

baby Roger @ 7 months

September 29th, 2010, 02:53 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
Here is what I have in the subforum for you to check out

breech babies (Breech Babies)

if you decide to go ahead with the c-section, you may want to consider not doing it scheduled and going in after you go into labor on your own. There are many hormonal benefits to going into labor. Especially if you want to breastfeed!

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f3...int-labor.html (The Hormonal Blueprint of Labor)
September 29th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
if you decide to go ahead with the c-section, you may want to consider not doing it scheduled and going in after you go into labor on your own. There are many hormonal benefits to going into labor. Especially if you want to breastfeed!
It sounds like they want to do an induction because of high BP, but since baby is breech, they are planning a c-section instead.

I don't know much about high BP or breech babies, but I want to wish you the best of luck with however your birth turns out!

Expecting baby #4!

September 29th, 2010, 07:29 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
you're right, my bad!
September 29th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah I definitely would not be doing a scheduled c-section just because, they have it scheduled because of my high bp I have been battling. I do want to just make sure no matter what way of giving birth that I do ultimately it is the best for both me and baby. Thank you ladies for your help and input.

September 30th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
so, they aren't actually diagnosing you with pre-eclampsia, just wanting to deliver because of high blood pressure? Are you showing other signs/symptoms (protein in the urine for example). HBP alone (especially if it's not consistent) isn't really pre-E or a reason to induce unless it's been consistently really high

I've always felt it's not a real medical reason to induce/c/s if they schedule you for it a week later... to me, if it's really a medical problem they would want to do it right away. Just a thought...

Good luck though! My baby was breech at 36 weeks. We spent a week doing some inversions (favorite was piling a bunch of pillows on one side of the couch and laying backwards over them so my butt was up in the air, head resting on the couch cushions) and we got her turned head down by 37 weeks.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

Last edited by Kelllilee; September 30th, 2010 at 07:32 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search