Can you help me :)

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 28th, 2010, 08:25 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want to start a "business" per say - I just completed my Bradley instructor training, and in about 8w should get the "ok" to start provisional teaching - I want to get the word out about my classes, and I think I want to start a webpage or blog of sorts.

We're also going to teach a cloth diapering class from our home (a few people have asked us, so it seems simple enough )

so I need ideas about what to call my business - Bradley Method & Cloth Diapering. Sam will be teaching with me as well. We live in Iowa....ummm we will be marketing to small towns all over our area (within an hour drive)...hmmmmm I duno what else, I'm exhausted

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
September 29th, 2010, 07:56 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have heard Bradley is pretty particular on how they allow you to advertise. It's all hear say, dunno if its true... just a thought... I'll actually answer your Q in a sec tho. Gotta take my dd to the bus...

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 29th, 2010, 08:05 AM
they didnt give us any guidelines at class - they just said we're responsible for our own marketing. I just want a "name" for something, and then it can be like "Bradley Natural Child Birth Classs" and "Cloth Diapering" and eventually post partum doula

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
September 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I offer childbirth classes that I did with Childbirth International, my name is Peaceful Birth Services because that's how I think birth should be is Peaceful. I hear a lot of Believing in Birth or Mother Nature Birth Services. Things like that.
September 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
wonderfullymade's Avatar Doula & MW Apprentice
Send a message via Yahoo to wonderfullymade
Sorry, I know that this won't be helpful at all, but I just snickered out loud at my train of thought:

"Bradley Childbirth and Cloth Diapers in Iowa... hmm... Iowa has cornfields... cornfields, cloth, and childbirthbirth - the Three C's Birth Preparation... Cornfields... can't get those cornfields out of my head... ok, back on track - cornfields and childbirth - Children of the Corn - she could call her business Children of the Corn"...

Yes, this is Nicole needing another cup of coffee with her lunch.

Let's try a more productive business name, lol.. I don't think Children of the Corn will fly....

What about Cloth Baby Birth Services... or... Green Baby Birth Services.... or... Natural Family Beginnings...

I would double check, though, about the AAHCC guidelines for marketing, though... I know that, in 2004, you could get a slap on the wrist for combining more than one method or service with Bradley in your marketing materials/business information. A lot of people got away with it, but many others got in trouble.

Bellies & Babies Blogger
September 29th, 2010, 12:11 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay, so I'm back... (ended up doing more than running out to the bus). I am really bad at creative stuff, so I dunno if I'm gonna be much help!

I would say maybe make it something totally different that way as you add things or change what you actually do it doesn't effect the name. I like Nicole's idea about Natural Family Beginnings. I know a woman in my area and her business is called "Mothering Grace" and has a cute logo of a child's profile while sitting with wings/leaves from his/her back. Turns out her daughter is named Grace! Cute! She sells cloth diapers. Plus if Bradley is going to search you out it isn't in the name, you might be easier to catch if you include Bradley in the business name and they might make more of a stink about it.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
September 29th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Children of the Corn

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
September 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderfullymade View Post
"Bradley Childbirth and Cloth Diapers in Iowa... hmm... Iowa has cornfields... cornfields, cloth, and childbirthbirth - the Three C's Birth Preparation... Cornfields... can't get those cornfields out of my head... ok, back on track - cornfields and childbirth - Children of the Corn - she could call her business Children of the Corn"...
This literally made me LOL! My mom is over and we were sitting on the couch watching TV in silence and I just burst out laughing. She thinks I'm nuts!

In all seriousness - I suck at this kind of stuff, but I really like Nicole's idea of Natural Family Beginnings.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
September 30th, 2010, 05:29 AM
jamie7's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I am a bit cheesy but what about: Pushes and tushes, Bradley classes and cloth diapers. I was laughing so hard about children of the corn

OUR SWEET BEAUTIFUL BABIES ARE HERE! BRINLEE ANN AND LUCAS JONATHAN BORN 1/3/11 AT 8:54AM AND 8:55AM!
September 30th, 2010, 06:34 AM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
children of the corn birth services....We'll scare your baby out of you!!!

I am seriously bad at this kind of thing.
September 30th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Pushes and Tushes is cute! It's very Kenkel sounding

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search