Safer?!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't posted on here in a while, but I just needed to get this out of my system and I know you ladies won't crucify my for it.

Today, I was reading a friends blog post about her second son's birth. In the opening paragraph, she talked about scheduling her second c-secton, saying, "I really, really didn't want another c-section, but I did it because it's just safer, you know?"

I wanted to cry for her! Here was someone who didn't want to go under the knife again, but because of lack of information or deliberate misinformation, she didn't get the chance. It just breaks my heart...

Sorry to hop back on here and get all emotional after such a long absence. I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks, girls.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 29th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Regular
thats too bad she feels like that... VBAC's are extremely safe

Mommy's little cupcake
September 30th, 2010, 05:20 AM
mgm78's Avatar Zoe's mom Meredith
Send a message via Yahoo to mgm78
VBACs are safer than repeat c's.

September 30th, 2010, 05:47 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
It's sad how many women have no idea
September 30th, 2010, 10:09 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the above post. It is sad how so many women just don't know. Their Doctors don't tell them, or they read horrible birth books like The Girlfriends Guide to Childbirth that tell them to get c-sections because their safe, they happen all the time, and who wants a ruined vagina.
September 30th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dh and I were just talking about it last night, it baffles us the so many people don't review the facts before making huge life changing decisions.

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
September 30th, 2010, 11:06 AM
missmich
i'm scared to have a vbac if i'm pregnant again. maybe if it's something for me to consider then i'll get the proper info about it and make an informed choice.
September 30th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Dh and I were just talking about it last night, it baffles us the so many people don't review the facts before making huge life changing decisions.
I know! I wish people would research their birth options. I think most people just do what their doctor says is "best," even though that's not always the case.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
September 30th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
That's sad. One of my friends is having a VBAC because her OBGYN told her how ACOG recently released their statement that VBACs are safe for the majority of women.

September 30th, 2010, 12:11 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
at least you know better!
September 30th, 2010, 05:43 PM
FusionGirl's Avatar Formerly TTC#1inNC
Wow, it does amaze me how many women would opt for a c-section if given the choice. I think its so routine nowadays that people forget that this is a major surgery! My friend had a baby a month ago. She went back to the hospital a week later with congestive heart failure due to complications from the c-section. While she was there she found out the woman who gave birth by c-section after her died from complications.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search