O/T - winter shoes

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2010, 04:42 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Brylie is officially walking () and we LOVE robeez, but we live in Iowa. There WILL be snow on the ground in just a few weeks ()..she can't walk in ANYthing but robeez or bare feet...she also pitches a fit if we're out and don't let her walk...so I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on shoes that would be good winter shoes (obviously if it's very snowy we will carry her, but if it's just slushy out it's not a big deal)...help

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
October 2nd, 2010, 04:49 PM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yaaa for her walking! I don't have any suggestions though, maybe go to payless and see what there is?

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
October 2nd, 2010, 11:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hmmmmm that's a tough one...

I guess if She isn't a fan of shoes just get her a pair of boots for outdoors and just use Robeez when possible...

I have yet to put Noelle in any shoes and she has been walking for the past week... I read a very good article on using shoes as little as possible the first couple of years since its good for development... if you're ok with carrying her where ever when outdoors then I guess just get a cheap pair of boots for when she decides she wants to walk or play in snow... kwim?

Do u have a StrideRite near you?
October 3rd, 2010, 07:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I know Payless is the only place we found that does infant sizes in wide which seemed to be much more comfortable for our son. We found that Babies R Us and Target (circo) are the worst fitting and provide the least support.

October 3rd, 2010, 10:51 AM
Robeez are almost exactly like a pair of socks, which is why we use them. We do have a stride rite in Des Moines (about 2 hours away) but otherwise all we have is a wal mart and a grocery store

We only use shoes when we're out because of development, but I refuse to let her walk around outside barefoot and she will tolerate being carried for about 15 seconds, then she wants downnnnnnnnn. she has been this way for awhile, and when it was nice enough out we just did socks but the ground is just too cold for only socks now

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth
October 3rd, 2010, 03:04 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was just wondering the same thing this morning. Levi has only worn Robeez, so I feel bad putting him in hard soled boots. He's not walking yet, but hopefully he will be soon!

October 3rd, 2010, 05:09 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
pedi peds are great, they are not hard soles but have support. Payless will also have their own version of uggs which are great for cold weather, I used them as slippers for Cadie because she always pulled socks off.
October 3rd, 2010, 06:27 PM
Wednesday's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lurker popping in....

When my son was that age, we got him a pair of Stonz boots. I'm not sure if you have heard of them, but they are basically the same as Robeez in a boot form. We live in a cold climate as well so boots we a must. Here's the website if you want to check them out: Stonz Wear: Home

October 3rd, 2010, 06:41 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sarah wore these Ministar Fur Bootz - Beige : Target
but she would let me carry her while outside. probably won't work in your situation. they were VERY warm though, and stayed on her feet (and not expensive).

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 3rd, 2010, 07:12 PM
Thanks everyone!!!!! You guys rock

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic: