Saying hi

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2010, 01:53 AM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
Thought I would say hi since I've been lurking on your board and just decided to go natural. I have been wavering on it since I found out I was pregnant. I am 22 weeks now and switched to the birth center last week. It was a hard decision for me because I don't do well with the unknown, and I kind of thought a scheduled induction or C section would be a better choice. Ridiculous I know. I decided to go with the birthing center because it will be a lot less stressful for me. The whole atmosphere is so incredibly relaxing. I swear I wanted to lay down and take a nap when I toured it. I had my first midwife visit on Thursday and met the other midwives as well. I am so happy with my decision.

Surprisingly, both of our families are supportive of the idea. MIL actually said she was jealous she didn't have that option back in the day. Heck, I am still surprised that SO is supportive. He was really skeptical when I first mentioned it, but now he is all about it. Silly man, he didn't think you could have a baby without an epidural until I made him start reading. If all goes well we are going to do a water birth, and he is really excited about it. He's telling everyone now. So I'll be lurking for a few months at least. Thanks for being here and sharing your stories!

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

October 3rd, 2010, 06:50 AM
pressedfairie's Avatar Super Mommy
I so wanted to do a water birth, but I couldn't find a place near me that does them. I'm happy with my natural-friendly OB though. That's great that your family is so supportive!

Thank you peimum for my awesome siggy!
October 3rd, 2010, 08:32 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! My name is Bethany and I'm one of the co-hosts here. Congrats on your pregnancy and your decision to switch to the birth center! I think the place where you choose to give birth is a big factor on if you achieve a natural birth, so you are definitely heading in the right direction!

I hope you stick around throughout your pregnancy so we can get to know you better!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 3rd, 2010, 09:37 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi! I think that's great that you switched to a Birth Center! I wish I had that option! Good luck on your natural birth! The subforums have been helpful to me!

and introducing Julia Pearl
October 3rd, 2010, 06:48 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Welcome! The reading list and all the articles in the subforum really helped me. Good luck!
October 3rd, 2010, 07:30 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
why lurk when you can participate??
October 3rd, 2010, 08:05 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
welcome! you and i have the same EDD.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 4th, 2010, 03:55 PM
momma2011's Avatar Shannon
Send a message via AIM to momma2011
Thanks all! Once I decided to go natural the birthing center seemed like my best option. I didn't like my OB and I was pretty sure she was one of those hurry up and get the baby out docs. I am not exactly strong willed and I didn't want to fight during my whole labor to do things my way. I am pretty sure I would cave on the epidural if they offered it. So now I don't have to worry about it.

The midwives are amazing and I can't believe the difference in their appointments versus my OB's. I spent over an hour with the midwife, and I never spent more than five minutes with the OB, not even during my first appointment. Actually that isn't true, she spent longer during the dating US but she didn't talk to me or anything.

Thanks to Graysmama for my pretty siggy!

October 5th, 2010, 09:40 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
Congrats on switching to a birth center!! Super jealous here!
And welcome to!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search