finally watched The Business of Being Born

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 5th, 2010, 11:12 AM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have been wanting to watch this for a while, but i wanted to watch it with my husband and he kept "having better things to do." but last night HE actually suggested that we watch it! he is pretty on board with all of my parenting choices so far, but he was a bit skeptical about natural birth in a "didn't think i could handle it" sense. probably because he saw what a hard time i had last time during my pitocin induced contractions. but he really enjoyed the movie and agreed with everything. he said he wants a natural birth for this baby, but he wants to do it in the hospital and is still a bit freaked out by the concept of home birth. home birth is illegal in Indiana anyway (i know there are ways around it) but i wouldn't want to have a baby in this crappy house that we rent anyway.
so, i am really happy that we watched the movie together, and i think he has a new perspective on everything....next step is to get him to watch the circumcision videos i have bookmarked.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 5th, 2010, 12:34 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Cool! I still haven't watched it.

October 5th, 2010, 01:45 PM
toasty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we watched it last weekend and loved it, DH couldnt stop talking about it...he even commented on his FB about it. I did a long 6 week practicum in L&D a few years ago and everything in that movie was bang on, what they showed in those hospital was exactly what i saw and just like my previous births, it really sealed my decision to get out of the OB/hospital practice this time around. Im really sad that i never saw the movie earlier, but better late than never i suppose...

The power and intensity of your contractions cannot be stronger than you, because it is you~ Unknown ~

October 5th, 2010, 03:04 PM
moon~maiden's Avatar Cheryl~ birth truster
nice! glad you liked it!
October 5th, 2010, 04:41 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 5th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I never could get DH to watch it with me. He was skeptical about a birth center delivery, but once he saw the BC and met the midwives he was on board. He was adamant that we wouldn't have a home birth, and I was good with having the birth center so it wasn't such a big deal. He's already talking about a home birth for baby #2!

Do you guys have any birth centers around? Maybe he would take that as a compromise between home birth and a hospital?

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 5th, 2010, 08:45 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
there are no birth centers near us. i am not even using a midwife, but my doctor is extremely mother friendly, and all of the women in my local birthnetwork praise him and refer to him as a hero. he will not induce unless there is a serious medical reason, he encourages breastfeeding, is extremely happy that i still nurse dd (even though lately its been once every few days lately ), and is all about sticking to the mother's birth plan because he wants them to have the best experience possible. i am happy i found him.

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 6th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Tiki's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We watched it way before we even got pregnant. It looked interesting and we are all about educating ourselves. DH enjoyed it as did I.

The belief that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession of it seems to me the
deepest root of all evil that is in the world.”
— German physicist Max Born
Like Bear Moon on Facebook
October 6th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Super Mommy
I just watched it, and I definitely enjoyed it. I wanted DH to watch it with me, but he fell asleep. I don't think he's very into it.

October 6th, 2010, 07:16 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I couldn't get my DH to watch it, but I'm glad yours was supportive! I can't convince him to have a homebirth next time even after the super quick labor with Abri, and he still thinks drugs are good.
October 6th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We watched it when we were pregnant with our 1st son, I have been very lucky where DH has always been on board with birthing choices.

October 8th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love that movie so much, I bought it! DH has watched it twice with me and I've seen it maybe a dozen times.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
October 8th, 2010, 10:05 PM
I can't believe home birth is illegal in some places! That is so crazy!!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search