Slow start to labor... Update 7:30 pm cst

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2010, 07:37 AM
Angel.Eyes4351's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think my labor is starting, but it's SLOW going... Thursday my daily BH's turned into more painful/consistent contractions... I started getting bloody show... And here I've been ever since... Today is my due date.

Yesterday they got more painful than the day before but not really closer together... I've been having to breathe/focus/make myself relax through them. The average is about 8-10 min. apart. Sometimes when I'm up and about (which I've been trying to do) they get about 6-7, but slow back down. I've tried the breastpump last night, but it just seemed to make them more painful, but no closer together... Lots of walking, stairs, sitting on my exercise ball... etc.

My discharge/mucus is mixed with blood now every time, sometimes pink, sometimes brown....

It's just really frustrating, I feel like my body isn't working right... but I guess I am happy that it's at least doing something.

UPDATE 7:30 p.m. cst

I think I may call my doctor's answering service and see what they say in a little while, even things stay the same... I am betting they tell me to come to L&D. I just don't know what to do... I'm wondering how 3 days of this is affecting Callen... wondering if I've dilated any... I'm nervous about going in "too early" and all that, but I feel like this isn't normal... I suppose I could always choose to go back home if everything's ok.

My doctor says no pitocin b/c of my VBAC status, so I don't really have to worry about that. But I'm betting if I am dilated enough they will want to break my water? I am not sure how I feel about this. I know that it puts me on a timeclock... but what if that's all my body needs to get over this hump? I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog Day... and I'm in labor.

and introducing Julia Pearl

Last edited by Angel.Eyes4351; October 9th, 2010 at 05:37 PM.
October 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are SO close!! Try not to get discouraged! Your body is making progress, no doubt. Just keep thinking about your cervix thinning and getting soft. Labor will pick up eventually. KUP!!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 9th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
That sounds exactly like my labor with Kya. It took a good 3 days to get going. Don't worry, your body will work!

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

October 9th, 2010, 09:11 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I did that for 74 hours before I broke down and went to the hospital. I hope it picks up for you very soon!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
October 9th, 2010, 05:00 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
i was in labor on and off for 3 days before progressing enough to go to the hospital. can't be long now.

October 9th, 2010, 06:03 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I had a labor start a lot like yours with my 3rd. I had regular painful contractions for about 24 hours and even dilated to 5cm before my labor completely stopped. It was devastating at the time, I was a week overdue as it was. A couple days later labor started again, and my daughter was born about 16 hours later.

Good luck!!! I know its hard mentally, emotionally and physically, but I know you can do it!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
October 9th, 2010, 06:18 PM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I assure you it is normal. Unless you have any other worrying symptoms your LO is just fine! Many people have a slow starting labor. I know you are in a bad mental state but calling the hospital is going to put you in a place you don't need to be yet. They will want to start all kinds of interventions and there is just no need right now. Wait it out, I know it's hard. Can you try to find fun relaxing things to do? Schedule a pedicure or go get your hair cut. Do something to keep your mind off of labor and something that will make you feel good. Heck even have a glass of wine or a beer! Feel free to PM me! Maybe we can chat IRL if you want/need to!

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 9th, 2010, 08:54 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you can do it! i hope since it's been a few hours since you last updated that things have started to pick up!!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
October 10th, 2010, 04:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hoping for an update that things have picked up for you!

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
October 10th, 2010, 06:15 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It never hurts just to call, especially if it reassures you. I bet some ladies here might even have some natural suggestions to get things picked up.

I'd just be concerned about breaking the water since they won't let you use pit, and you would be under the clock, that they might not let you continue vaginally. It all sounds very within the realm of normal right now. If you can, get out of the house and try to get your mind off it for a little bit.

How many weeks pregnant are you? Try to hang in there!

October 10th, 2010, 06:39 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Any update this morning? I hope you're doing well. I had steady contractions (some painful, some not) for about a week before active labor really started. Just get as much rest as you can now!
October 10th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Thinking of you, Bri! Hope things have either picked-up or you are able to get some rest.
October 10th, 2010, 08:29 AM
HippyMomOf4's Avatar Hippy Mom Extraordinaire
Send a message via AIM to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via MSN to HippyMomOf4 Send a message via Yahoo to HippyMomOf4
I hope things pick up for you, i was like that off and on for days before i had my son

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search