Need help STAT!!

Forum: Natural Childbirth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Childbirth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 9th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So a friend of mine is pregnant with her fourth She has had three csections prior...

Her OB is now trying to scare her into allowing them to do a section at 36-37 weeks because they told her she is at risk of uterine rupture and they want baby out ASAP...

Please can u ladies help me compile info and sites to help convince her not to go so early!?!?!?l

Last edited by PinkFireFly; October 20th, 2010 at 01:22 PM.
October 9th, 2010, 08:51 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just googled real quick and this article came up. I'm sure there are people here that have some great websites, but this puts it in lay mans terms. I don't know if its effective enough though...

Babies Born Before 37 Weeks Not as Healthy

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!
October 9th, 2010, 09:05 AM
BobbityBoo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is about Uterine rupture...
Uterine Rupture in Pregnancy: eMedicine Obstetrics and Gynecology

Quote:
Several factors are known to increase the risk of uterine rupture, but, even in high-risk subgroups, the overall incidence of uterine rupture is low.
Quote:
A recent meta-analysis of 17 studies including 5,666 patients undergoing a TOL after 2 or more cesarean deliveries demonstrated a 1.36% uterine rupture rate.67 This is similar to the result of our pooled data analysis from 10 studies published from 1993-2010, which shows a 1.81% uterine rupture rate for patients with multiple previous cesarean delivery scars
This is with a trial of labor (TOL). So even if she didn't feel comfortable with that, she could at least schedule her c/s later in pregnancy. But if she happen to go into labor prior to that the risk is still low.

Thank you Kiliki for my wonderfull siggie!

Last edited by BobbityBoo; October 9th, 2010 at 09:24 AM.
October 9th, 2010, 09:06 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
I'll have to look for the article but babies brains at 35/36 weeks are only 2/3 the size of at 40 weeks. That's still a lot of growing and developing to do!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
October 9th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Oh I do hope she waits!!! Babies come when they are ready... I am so sorry she is being pressured right now. I do hope she decides to wait and let her body go into labor naturally. ((HUGS))

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search